DJ Dallas (Position Change Thread)

Advertisement
He could change positions and touch the ball in the open field 15 times a game and give our stable of literal high 4* backs a chance to do the same...or we can keep him at RB, try to make 4-6 RBs happy by having them share less than 25 carries total a game, and toss the ball to Brevin Jordan and what ever WR decides to not have 3 drops in the 1st quarter.
“DJ I know you could enter the nfl draft and you’re coming off a bad injury and I know you’ve been very solid for us but if you come back we’re gonna play you in an entirely new position for your senior year so our freshman RB’s can get an extra 5 carries a game.”

“DJ I know you could enter the nfl draft and you’re coming off a bad injury and I know you’ve been very solid for us but if you come back we’re gonna play you in an entirely new position for your senior year so our freshman RB’s can get an extra 5 carries a game.”
He already played WR here.

Advertisement
DeeJay would do anything you tell that man to do and will probably do it as well as most guys on the roster.

He could be Jalen Hurd if we need him to be.

Don’t agree with the defense part but yes to KR/PR which he’s already done, put him in the slot, motion him all around. BUT we’d need an innovative OC to do that.

Advertisement
Out of all the players that you could’ve mentioned that we could’ve had a legitimate discussion on whether they should change positions, you pick DJ Dallas.

I don’t know about defense but this isn’t as crazy of an idea as most in here make it seem. We all want Lo to play right? Cam is coming back. We also have two stud RBs coming in hungry. At least one of them will should see at least 30-40 carries. Instead of a Percy Hardin type, DJ could be take on a Jaylin Samuels type role minus the H-back. At NC State he lined up everywhere. Flanker, split end, slot, h, and RB. Samuels combine measurements were 6’0 225, and DJ is listed at 5’10, 220. Deejay saw snaps at slot his freshmen year. Remember him breaking loose against NC that year.

Advertisement
If we're moving him, let's make it to Offensive Coordinator. At least he knows a little something about protecting the quarterback.

I know a ton of people hate the position change talk, but I think theres a valid argument here. Our best overall returning running back, Dallas is hard to bring down. He's the consistent and most dependable bright spot of our offense. With that being said...

I think DJ could improve the team overall if Manny was to put him elsewhere.

Move DJ back to WR, or OLB/Striker.

We have a lot of talented bodies in the WR room, but what WR can we currently look at and say that they are dependable? Let DJ play KR/PR, and split snaps in the slot with Harley. Give him snaps in the Wildcat, give him screens, sweeps, and WR pass plays. Let him motion from the slot into a blocking role for the RBs. I truly believe this guy can do it all and additionally, allow our other 5 talented backs (Harris, Lingard, Burns, Knighton, Chaney) to take the RB load.

If not, as someone who had some respectable Safety play in high school, but probably won't have enough speed to play Safety in the ACC, I think he has the size, strength, and offensive knowledge to be a high IQ player in the box, and in coverage. Not a knock to Frierson or any other people lined up for that role, but I think he could be just as effective and dependable as 2018 Finley.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
I think it sux when someone goes through the trouble of dropping the worst post of year during spring, maintain a comfortable lead throughout year only for this post to overtake it with only a few days left in December.
Someone is disappointed!
Lol.

Advertisement
I know a ton of people hate the position change talk, but I think theres a valid argument here. Our best overall returning running back, Dallas is hard to bring down. He's the consistent and most dependable bright spot of our offense. With that being said...

I think DJ could improve the team overall if Manny was to put him elsewhere.

Move DJ back to WR, or OLB/Striker.

We have a lot of talented bodies in the WR room, but what WR can we currently look at and say that they are dependable? Let DJ play KR/PR, and split snaps in the slot with Harley. Give him snaps in the Wildcat, give him screens, sweeps, and WR pass plays. Let him motion from the slot into a blocking role for the RBs. I truly believe this guy can do it all and additionally, allow our other 5 talented backs (Harris, Lingard, Burns, Knighton, Chaney) to take the RB load.

If not, as someone who had some respectable Safety play in high school, but probably won't have enough speed to play Safety in the ACC, I think he has the size, strength, and offensive knowledge to be a high IQ player in the box, and in coverage. Not a knock to Frierson or any other people lined up for that role, but I think he could be just as effective and dependable as 2018 Finley.

Thoughts?
this isn't bad but i agree move dallas to ATH give him about 25-40 snaps on O from the slot outside 1v1 RB QB and then yeah let him get 2-3 returns per game he should be about 13-15 touches per game.... Dallas needs to play Hybrid for us on offense tho I agree with OP on that but on D **** no he has a career in the league on O

He could change positions and touch the ball in the open field 15 times a game and give our stable of literal high 4* backs a chance to do the same...or we can keep him at RB, try to make 4-6 RBs happy by having them share less than 25 carries total a game, and toss the ball to Brevin Jordan and what ever WR decides to not have 3 drops in the 1st quarter.
A Percy Harvin type role of 10 touches a game would work

Advertisement
Back