DJ Dallas (Position Change Thread)

Advertisement
RB: Harris / Chaney / Knighton
SB: Dallas / Pope / Restrepo
FL: Harley / Payton / Redding
SE: Lingard / Wiggins / Worsham
TE: Jordan / Mallory / Hodges

Do you realize that DJ Dallas averaged 38.1 passing yards per game in high school?! (to be exact)

He was technically a qb in hs because he did wildcat every play.

In other words, dumb post, please post less.

Antonio Brown played QB in high school too. But where on the post did I suggest that DJ actually play QB here.

I kinda agree with OP. But I take an even more radical approach. If DeeJay returns I think you do more than advocate for a position change. Go big. Tell the kid to try an entire sport change. See if he can run the point for Jimmy Larranaga.

We back?

Gotta think so if we're advocating changing positions for kids that decide against declaring fir the Draft in an effort to help this dumpster fire of a program....and fanbase.
We clearly don't deserve the kid.

Actually, he started here as a WR and was looking pretty good. Still, his future is at RB. I would, however, love to see us split him out more often and take advantage of the mismatch he would create on a LB.

This is actually a sane take in this thread. I think you do a service to the kid AND actually improve our offense if you highlight his pass catching abilities as a back. You don't even need to split him out but just steal a few plays that LeVeon Bell used to run when he was a relevant pro.

Advertisement
DeeJay is a RB, has shown he can produce even with a crap line. Now finding ways to get him and one of the other backs on the field at the same time makes sense but not moving him to another position.

DeeJay is a RB, has shown he can produce even with a crap line. Now finding ways to get him and one of the other backs on the field at the same time makes sense but not moving him to another position.

That's the main point. But I think having him on the field as much as possible, while not as likely to get injured from actually playing RB, would be better.

That's the main point. But I think having him on the field as much as possible, while not as likely to get injured from actually playing RB, would be better.
You don't take your best RB and make him a S or a WR. That's just silly. If you have an OC that's creative you find ways to utilize weapons in different ways.

Advertisement
While we’re at it just highlight the best player at every other position and find somewhere else for them so we can let the all star backups shine. Idiot

Advertisement
I still think DJ should go pro. If he comes back, moving him to defense would make no sense IMO. Moving Robert Burns to LB makes more sense to me.

But playing DJ more in a hybrid RB/WR role like a Percy Harvin or Curtis Samuel I don't think is a crazy idea at all. Of course he's not as talented as those guys, and our offense isn't as innovative/creative as Meyers - so I wouldn't expect the results to be as good.

Our top 3 WR's - Osbourne/Thomas/Harley - had 1 40+ yd catch all year. Dallas had 2 40+ yd catches. Think about that.

I don't think our WR's are actually as talented as they seem on paper - so mixing in some DJ at WR isn't a bad idea to me.

Advertisement
I know a ton of people hate the position change talk, but I think theres a valid argument here. Our best overall returning running back, Dallas is hard to bring down. He's the consistent and most dependable bright spot of our offense. With that being said...

I think DJ could improve the team overall if Manny was to put him elsewhere.

Move DJ back to WR, or OLB/Striker.

We have a lot of talented bodies in the WR room, but what WR can we currently look at and say that they are dependable? Let DJ play KR/PR, and split snaps in the slot with Harley. Give him snaps in the Wildcat, give him screens, sweeps, and WR pass plays. Let him motion from the slot into a blocking role for the RBs. I truly believe this guy can do it all and additionally, allow our other 5 talented backs (Harris, Lingard, Burns, Knighton, Chaney) to take the RB load.

If not, as someone who had some respectable Safety play in high school, but probably won't have enough speed to play Safety in the ACC, I think he has the size, strength, and offensive knowledge to be a high IQ player in the box, and in coverage. Not a knock to Frierson or any other people lined up for that role, but I think he could be just as effective and dependable as 2018 Finley.

Thoughts?

saftey striker? He’d be justified hitting the portal for such dumb talk.

I get what you’re saying but I think that he would actually benefit from being used as an “athlete” on the field instead of primarily RB. He would be great as a out of the back field open space type player

This is actually a sane take in this thread. I think you do a service to the kid AND actually improve our offense if you highlight his pass catching abilities as a back. You don't even need to split him out but just steal a few plays that LeVeon Bell used to run when he was a relevant pro.
When you have two TEs that are like WRs, and Dallas as well, you can really get creative. Do we though? Nope. I hate Enos.

Advertisement
Back