Discussion: Realistic Mock Class 2.0

I believe we need at least two if not three DTs in this class. Last class we go no DT's . Some believed Roberts would grow into a DT but he has lost 20 pounds from a report couple weeks back so it looks like he will be a DE. Also now hearing Blisset going to be moved to a DE. Only have 5 DTs on the roster currently and Ford will be gone after this year. If Silvera has a great year he could leave early and we will not have much depth next year at this position.

Advertisement
1 QB: Braylon Braxton
2 RB: Thad Franklin
3 WR: Jacoby George
4 WR: Romello Brinson
5 WR: Brashard Smith
6 TE: Elijah Arroyo
7 TE: Khalil Brantley
8 OL: Michael McLaughlin
9 OL: Lawrence Seymour
10 OL: Ryan Rodriguez
11 OL Diego Pounds
12 DE: Jabari Ismael
13 DE-Thomas Davis
14 DT-Allen Haye
15 LB: Tyler Johnson
16 LB: Corey Hammett
17 LB: Deshawn Troutman
18 Corner: Tim Burns
19 Corner: Malik Curtis
20 Corner: Demarius McGhee
21 Safety: Kam Kitchens
22 Athlete: Chase Smith
23 Kicker: Andres Borregalas
24 Transfer
25 Transfer or DT
We only have 23 spots

I believe we need at least two if not three DTs in this class. Last class we go no DT's . Some believed Roberts would grow into a DT but he has lost 20 pounds from a report couple weeks back so it looks like he will be a DE. Also now hearing Blisset going to be moved to a DE. Only have 5 DTs on the roster currently and Ford will be gone after this year. If Silvera has a great year he could leave early and we will not have much depth next year at this position.
If Moise is coming then I think we should go with 2 DTs this class, also I'm pretty sure Robert lost some weight in order to play basketball. Now with that being said when he gets to college he will eat, sleep, and breathe football, I pretty sure he will eventually turn into a DT in a couple years.

Advertisement
Everybody needs to chill with this counting of initial scholarships. Unless you are sitting in the office of the HC, you have no idea. It’s guessing at best. You don’t who has counted, when they have counted, etc. Just stop.
Nah, its just common sense lol. We have 24, that's confirmed, now if the want Moise he will obviously be counted towards the 21 class therefore leave us with 23. It's quite simple, Idk why everybody is making it so d complicated.

Everybody needs to chill with this counting of initial scholarships. Unless you are sitting in the office of the HC, you have no idea. It’s guessing at best. You don’t who has counted, when they have counted, etc. Just stop.

It's not rocket science, it's arithmetic.

Advertisement
Definitely need three DTs.

If we can’t land a top QB prospect why not take flier on the best kid from the tri-county area?

QB will see some big time transfers again in this transfer portal era where a guy doesn’t win the job and leaves.

I’d keep calling Caleb Williams as well. If Spencer Rattler balls out this year at OU. Why would he go there and sit for two years?

Miami has the benefit of selling playing time in 21 to every QB in this class. We won’t have a proven player beyond King. Open it up and let the competition play out

So we have 16 commits and let’s say 24 spots. This is in order of importance imo.

1. Qb
2. DE
3. DE
4. Wr
5. Safety
6. Elite guys - dt, safety, cb, oline, wr
7. Elite
8. Elite/2nd running back

It's not rocket science, it's arithmetic.

Conferences are petitioning for a one time relaxation of the hard cap because of the Rona.

When certain conferences (SEC, Big 10) speak the NCAA bends the knee. I think we will probably sign 28-29

1. QB Garcia
2. RB Franklin
3. RB Daniels
4. WR Brinson
5. WR George
6. WR B. Smith
7. TE Arroyo
8. TE Brantley
9. OL Seymour
10. OL Rodriguez
11. OL McLaughllin
12. OL ?
13. DE Ishmael
14. DE Davis
15. DT Haye
16. DT ? (Hoping for Taylor)
17. LB Johnson
18. LB Hammett
19. LB Troutman
20. DB Burns
21. DB Kitchens
22. DB McGee
23. DB M. Brown (takes Curtis’s spot)
24. ATH C. Smith
25. K Borregaleas

If we sign more I think the coaches look to add another WR, DB, OT.

Advertisement
Conferences are petitioning for a one time relaxation of the hard cap because of the Rona.

When certain conferences (SEC, Big 10) speak the NCAA bends the knee. I think we will probably sign 28-29

1. QB Garcia
2. RB Franklin
3. RB Daniels
4. WR Brinson
5. WR George
6. WR B. Smith
7. TE Arroyo
8. TE Brantley
9. OL Seymour
10. OL Rodriguez
11. OL McLaughllin
12. OL ?
13. DE Ishmael
14. DE Davis
15. DT Haye
16. DT ? (Hoping for Taylor)
17. LB Johnson
18. LB Hammett
19. LB Troutman
20. DB Burns
21. DB Kitchens
22. DB McGee
23. DB M. Brown (takes Curtis’s spot)
24. ATH C. Smith
25. K Borregaleas

If we sign more I think the coaches look to add another WR, DB, OT.

If the NCAA let's the flood gates open on a one-time only basis because of COVID-19, then more than ever we need to win 10+ and look exciting doing it.

QB - if we don’t land Garcia we will have an opportunity to get a blue chip prospect - especially if our O balls out.

RB - I Hope Franklin stays in this class because he adds that physical presence that can punish the D.

Amari Daniels is in play thanks to the new OC. If we don’t get him then I think we should be pursuing Yulkeith Brown and/or Brashard Smith to be Slot/APB I’m case we lose Harris and Burns.

I think we are done at TE and OL IMO. Have a great year and go after some big fish this year or next on OL. We may only lose Williams.

I would keep going after Brooks. If we win 10+ games and are showing huge improvements from last year anything is possible. Listened to the Miami Huddlecast and he thinks theres a chance with him to the end.Also Jaden Alexis and one of Brown/Smith.

I believe we should only take 1 end this year. I’m sold on Thomas Davis as the Viper. I know Ishmael’s dad is on staff, but I don’t see him being twitchy enough. If Roberts and Blissett are DE’s I think we have enough depth. Want to land 2 studs in the 22’ class.

DT we need 3. I’m praying we put the full court press on LT. Show him highlights of RJ McIntosh and Gerald Willis dominating. That’s what we’re missing. Collins may end up sticking with Taylor. I think Haye is solid.

LB is done. I think in the end they will all be ranked higher than they are right now. Like their athleticism and aggression.

Safety Kamren Kinchens I think will commit and be a great addition. I would be all
in on James Williams as an athlete on D. Maybe Ed Reed being in his ear will help.

At CB we need to add a player that is ready to play earlier. Not sure if we have a chance with Marshall but we need to get one of these elite SF corners some time.

Tim Burna is talented but will probably be ready as a RS-So. Same with Curtis - they need time to put good weight on. They’re athletic and Curtis can maybe ba able to be a return man for us.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/miami-huddlecast/id1029677895

Good list @sstcane I think we have more of a shot for James Williams than Lawrence Taylor but man if we were able to have a 10+ win season and the defense balled out Top 10 wise? Anything could happen at that point. If we land both, Manny deserves some recognition at that point. That would be two solid classes in a row, building up speed, athleticism, and size across the board for both our offense and defense.

Advertisement
Good list @sstcane I think we have more of a shot for James Williams than Lawrence Taylor but man if we were able to have a 10+ win season and the defense balled out Top 10 wise? Anything could happen at that point. If we land both, Manny deserves some recognition at that point. That would be two solid classes in a row, building up speed, athleticism, and size across the board for both our offense and defense.

Two thingS we can sell him on is that Florida took 4 DT last cycle and we took 0 (if Elijah Roberts is a DE).

Secondly the style of our D suits him better. Florida’s DT are asked to 2 Gap more and take on blocks.

If we go on a roll this season then we can have some real momentum going into signing day.

Two thingS we can sell him on is that Florida took 4 DT last cycle and we took 0 (if Elijah Roberts is a DE).

Secondly the style of our D suits him better. Florida’s DT are asked to 2 Gap more and take on blocks.

If we go on a roll this season then we can have some real momentum going into signing day.
Didn’t know UFag took 4-DT’s last cycle. You’re right with Roberts slimming down we have the room for 2-3 DT’s in the 2020 class. I would love nothing more than to land Collins and Taylor, that would be a massive haul. Then we could actually put Williams at Safety along with Kinchens. That’s an elite haul defensively. Would just need some top flight CB’s and Rumph getting over the hump recruiting wise. Man, a 10+ win season this year could go a long way to creating the explosion and depth we need to contest Clemson as top dog in the ACC.

Think back to 2017 when we we beat VT and ND and were all over TV.

If we can go on a run 10+ wins, give Clemson a game in ACC Championship and win a bowl game. I think we may be able to get some big fish.

We back :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Advertisement
Back