Discussion: Realistic Mock Class 2.0

Advertisement
QB - A transfer to be named later

There’s nothing solid other than flipping Milroe from Texas which I don’t think anybody has a reason to be confident in. It’s Texas, they’re one of the few schools who can outbid the SEC. They’re not gonna lose a top QB in their own backyard.

RB - Thad Franklin

This is expected

WR - Jacolby George

Rumors are he’s over 6’0 weighing 170-180 so it looks like we might rob this kid.

WR - Brashard Smith

Gives us an offensive weapon that can be a RB or WR depending on how we line up. I’m really liking our chances with him.

WR - Mello Brinson

Gives us a ton of length with the potential to gain athleticism as he puts on more weight/strength. He’ll play his freshman year, he’s that good. I’m also really liking our chances here. Might be saving a spot here.

TE - Elijah Arroyo

Expected

TE- Khalil Brantley

Expected

OT Michael McLaughlin

Expected

OL Laurence Seymore

Expected

OL Ryan Rodriguez

Expected

DE - Jabari Ishmael

Expected because his dad works here. Not really talked about but should be.

DE - Thomas Davis

A bit under sized but I really like this kid. He really wanted this offer and now his dad posts here so I’m liking our chances. We could go with only 1 here because of how loaded next year is and we’re deep here already but I’m not passing on Davis.

DT - Savion Collins

Expected. I don’t think he’s a priority of the gates anymore. Their loss but he’s a bit of a project.

DT - Allen Haye

Expected

DT - Leonard Taylor

Yea, a bit of a surprise but I really think the possibility of playing early and a 10 - 12 win season makes us the leader here. I don’t get a troll vibe being that he’s talking about how we gained so much ground. I’m not positive yet but I do believe it’s realistic.

Striker/LB - Chase Smith

Uber athlete you can play at S, LB, or WR. There’s no way they won’t pull this legacy...right?

LB - Jacorey Hammett

Expected

LB - Tyler Johnson

Expected

LB - Deshawn Troutman

Expected

CB - Duce Chestnut

There’s no way they’re only taking 2 and I’m going with Chestnut because I don’t think he’s a troll like Brown. You can swap Brown for chestnut, I don’t think there’s a talent difference.

CB - Tim Burns

Expected

CB - Malik Curtis

Expected

S - Kam Kinchens

I think we can pull away from Auburn here. Gives us an actual ball hawk.

K - Andy Borregales

Expected

Overview -

This would give us a class of 247.14 which would be good enough of a fringe top 15 class without a QB being included. With Jake Garcia included it turns to a 256.95 and with Jalen Milroe it’s turns to a 255.14. I feel that even if this is how we finish that the class is very top heavy. I don’t like the bottom of this class with the only guy I would personally want here is Troutman. I don’t like the CB class at all even with Duce or Brown, I feel as if Curtis is a reach. All in all I do feel the top will put weigh it so I have hope for it.

Chase Smith is a legacy???

Advertisement
QB - A transfer to be named later

There’s nothing solid other than flipping Milroe from Texas which I don’t think anybody has a reason to be confident in. It’s Texas, they’re one of the few schools who can outbid the SEC. They’re not gonna lose a top QB in their own backyard.

RB - Thad Franklin

This is expected

WR - Jacolby George

Rumors are he’s over 6’0 weighing 170-180 so it looks like we might rob this kid.

WR - Brashard Smith

Gives us an offensive weapon that can be a RB or WR depending on how we line up. I’m really liking our chances with him.

WR - Mello Brinson

Gives us a ton of length with the potential to gain athleticism as he puts on more weight/strength. He’ll play his freshman year, he’s that good. I’m also really liking our chances here. Might be saving a spot here.

TE - Elijah Arroyo

Expected

TE- Khalil Brantley

Expected

OT Michael McLaughlin

Expected

OL Laurence Seymore

Expected

OL Ryan Rodriguez

Expected

DE - Jabari Ishmael

Expected because his dad works here. Not really talked about but should be.

DE - Thomas Davis

A bit under sized but I really like this kid. He really wanted this offer and now his dad posts here so I’m liking our chances. We could go with only 1 here because of how loaded next year is and we’re deep here already but I’m not passing on Davis.

DT - Savion Collins

Expected. I don’t think he’s a priority of the gates anymore. Their loss but he’s a bit of a project.

DT - Allen Haye

Expected

DT - Leonard Taylor

Yea, a bit of a surprise but I really think the possibility of playing early and a 10 - 12 win season makes us the leader here. I don’t get a troll vibe being that he’s talking about how we gained so much ground. I’m not positive yet but I do believe it’s realistic.

Striker/LB - Chase Smith

Uber athlete you can play at S, LB, or WR. There’s no way they won’t pull this legacy...right?

LB - Jacorey Hammett

Expected

LB - Tyler Johnson

Expected

LB - Deshawn Troutman

Expected

CB - Duce Chestnut

There’s no way they’re only taking 2 and I’m going with Chestnut because I don’t think he’s a troll like Brown. You can swap Brown for chestnut, I don’t think there’s a talent difference.

CB - Tim Burns

Expected

CB - Malik Curtis

Expected

S - Kam Kinchens

I think we can pull away from Auburn here. Gives us an actual ball hawk.

K - Andy Borregales

Expected

Overview -

This would give us a class of 247.14 which would be good enough of a fringe top 15 class without a QB being included. With Jake Garcia included it turns to a 256.95 and with Jalen Milroe it’s turns to a 255.14. I feel that even if this is how we finish that the class is very top heavy. I don’t like the bottom of this class with the only guy I would personally want here is Troutman. I don’t like the CB class at all even with Duce or Brown, I feel as if Curtis is a reach. All in all I do feel the top will put weigh it so I have hope for it.
not a bad list but I'm telling you, if the offense explodes like most imagine it will, King puts up awesome numbers, our WRs are catching and running for 40-50 yard TDs, this list will look entirely different. Kids that we are recruiting currently have NEVER seen an explosive Miami team like what they could possibly see this year. Our defense will once again hold teams to 20 ish PPG, if our offense is humming and scoring 35-40 PPG and we're blowing teams out again, A LOT of kids will change their tune. I think your list currently is worst case scenario and with the type of year we think we can have, names like Alexis, Williams, Taylor, etc. will become more likely which obviously throws us into top 10 class wise.

Advertisement
For the people thats seen Kam Kinchens live is he the real deal ? Who would yall compare him too.
He's definitely the real deal, Elite Ballhawk with high football IQ & heat seeking diagnosis ability.

He's a Deep Centerfielder that patrols the back end & plays with exceptional instincts, he's also a team leader & commander on the Defense.

He's like Kevin Byard from the Titans, high level ball skills & very good tackler.

He's definitely the real deal, Elite Ballhawk with high football IQ & heat seeking diagnosis ability.

He's a Deep Centerfielder that patrols the back end & plays with exceptional instincts, he's also a team leader & commander on the Defense.

He's like Kevin Byard from the Titans, high level ball skills & very good tackler.
Kids a must get at a school that’s treated us well. We gotta land him

Thanks LC

Advertisement
Pretty realistic mock. I still think we can land a 2021 QB, but I'm not terribly worried if we don't -- I'm sure we'll hold an IC for a transfer QB if we can't bring in a 2021 kid. I think either Davis or one of the LBs gets swapped out for an OT. Maybe it's Leigh, who knows, but I expect Justice to do some real work there.

Outside of coaching transition years, I typically expect our class to be ranked somewhere between 12-18. Anything better is obviously a bonus, and anything worse demonstrates a sub-par effort by UM standards over the last 15 years or so. I think this year we'll fall right in that range again.

After these kids watch this O QB’s will want to play here. Alot of its wait & see. We win 10+ & we will get some guys that aren’t even on the radar or at least be in play for them. So early.

What’s really hurting it is the lack of a class leader and QB. There’s no one in it to kind of take the lead like Don did last year or Brevin in ‘18. I think people are also starting to realize that we’re not valued as a school anymore either.
What do mean by not Valued as a school anymore either Z?

Advertisement
What do mean by not Valued as a school anymore either Z?
We’re not considered as a high tier program anymore. We’re Clemson in the mid 2000’s, only good for the occasional 10 win season right now. Until we can start to gradually improve we’ll stay in that category and our recruiting will start to reflect that more and more.

We’re not considered as a high tier program anymore. We’re Clemson in the mid 2000’s, only good for the occasional 10 win season right now. Until we can start to gradually improve we’ll stay in that category and our recruiting will start to reflect that more and more.
Totally agree and that right there is the biggest indictment of the leadership at the U for the past decade plus. You can’t keep defunding a program and leaving them with scraps and cheapo novice HC hires and expect the community of recruits and fans to keep blindly supporting you. It’s actually a miracle that we still get the top 20 to top 15 classes annually, but those classes are living on the past and won’t last forever. If change isnt started from the inside of this university/program from the top down all the way the Athletic Dept then those classes will also be a thing of the past. and UM will just be a school with a ****** football team, academics that are nothing to brag about anymore, a bankrupt hospital system and a corrupt leadership only worried about lining there pockets under the disguise of being “woke!” Smh I hate what this university has done to this program! 🤢🤮

Advertisement
Back