Discussion: Put up your Rumph replacement list

If we have a consensus winning season and our CB Recruiting is not seriously much improved, Rumph needs to be fired regardless of player development this season. At that point there will be no excuses or deflecting blame.

Advertisement
Anyone isolating certain Rumph traits to say “oh it’s just this he’s bad at” needs to look at the whole picture:

- 2018 was his best recruiting class. It was also the most stacked CB year ever and Jobe decommitted, Bethel is gone, and Frierson is a safety/striker.

- Soo many solid corners yearly that are high 3-stars/low 4-stars that are certainly within UM’s reach but we never get any.

- Consistent attrition at the position with Malek Young’s unfortunate situation being the only excusable one

- It’s been reported Manny has been close to letting him go in back to back years.

- The fact that someone who’s from SoFlo, a 1st round CB at the U, a HC at a powerhouse HS in Broward, and a good coach is this bad at recruiting depth and high-floor talent

Mike Rumph is a SOLID coach, a GREAT Cane, and an AWFUL recruiter. But we’ve gotten a large enough sample size to see that this is not the best we can do at CB.

You don’t fire him just to fire him before a better option is presented, but if I’m Manny I’m actively searching for his successor.
Thank you. It’s not about him being a bad coach. It’s about him not being a good enough coach to put up with his recruiting.

If we have a consensus winning season and our CB Recruiting is not seriously much improved, Rumph needs to be fired regardless of player development this season. At that point there will be no excuses or deflecting blame.
That’s what I’m worried about. We’re going to have a real good season this year. Just look at the schedule. This class isn’t getting better and just getting Markevious Brown or Duce chestnut isn’t enough for me.

That’s what I’m worried about. We’re going to have a real good season this year. Just look at the schedule. This class isn’t getting better and just getting Markevious Brown or Duce chestnut isn’t enough for me.
At this point we have no choice but to let it play out. If we win like we should, I’m hopeful the CB recruiting will sort itself out because of recruiting momentum and having Ed in people‘s ear. If I’m wrong, then clearly elite CB don’t want to play under Rumph so he becomes a liability that needs to be fired. It’s that simple and player development has nothing to do with the decision.

Rumph isn't so bad, and I bet he'll land a lot more of these top-notch recruits if we start winning and the NIL levels the playing field with SEC Bagmen. The constant toxicity towards Rumph by our fanbase is probably more harmful to the program than any of Rumph's actual shortcomings.

Advertisement
Rumph isn't so bad, and I bet he'll land a lot more of these top-notch recruits if we start winning and the NIL levels the playing field with SEC Bagmen. The constant toxicity towards Rumph by our fanbase is probably more harmful to the program than any of Rumph's actual shortcomings.
How has fan criticism of Rumph’s recruitment negatively affected the program? He gets hired every year so those in charge of the program disregard our opinions and don’t care what criticism is leveled by fans.

**** are you talking about? Banda has helped out other positions groups with recruiting as well as his own position. Most of the kids on this roster from Dade were recruited by Banda at some level.

Sorry but I don't believe you

If Banda was such HOT :****: in recruiting then why in the holy fuq was Robert Knowles in a 2 deep rotation for "HIS" position group, why did we suck at Oline or LB as well????

Damm 5 pages of Rumph bashin' and NO @gogeta4

anigif_enhanced-8964-1418844907-2.gif

This smelled of a setup to get me up off of the corners.

Sorry but I don't believe you

If Banda was such HOT :****: in recruiting then why in the holy fuq was Robert Knowles in a 2 deep rotation for "HIS" position group, why did we suck at Oline or LB as well????
What do you mean? Just because he helped at other positions doesn’t mean everybody is his guy. Manny heads the recruiting for Backers usually and OL wasn’t his deal either. Patke actually inherited dudes Banda recruited. Here all the dudes that he holds at least some responsibility for.

Advertisement
What do you mean? Just because he helped at other positions doesn’t mean everybody is his guy. Manny heads the recruiting for Backers usually and OL wasn’t his deal either. Patke actually inherited dudes Banda recruited. Here all the dudes that he holds at least some responsibility for.

Banda gets credit for recruiting A Blades to UM :LOL: and once again CMR was HEAVY HANDED in Hall's recruiting and I could sworn former RB coach Brown recruited Lingard

Since you’re here do you mind joining the party that believes he’s not a good enough coach to get us over the hump?

Its clear they wanted The Fran Brown guy and he wouldve been a clear upgrade to the defensive staff. Its clear to me we're wasting on field coaching spots on defense whether it be Patke or Rumph. I like Stroud being a vet, i think we need another guy to be on the opposite end of Manny thats not a disciple of his.

Advertisement
Its clear they wanted The Fran Brown guy and he wouldve been a clear upgrade to the defensive staff. Its clear to me we're wasting on field coaching spots on defense whether it be Patke or Rumph. I like Stroud being a vet, i think we need another guy to be on the opposite end of Manny thats not a disciple of his.
If he wanted Fran brown he could have got him but he didnt

Advertisement
Need a massive influx of juice on the defensive staff. Too many fake scientists, not enough hardcore pimp your own mom out salesmen. I see no reason other than comfort and friendship while Rumph and Patsy are still around.

We've said this bull**** before. I'm not saying we will not but let's wait and see. I never in my life would have thought we would have lost to FIU, and LaTech in the same season. Never!!

If he wanted Fran brown he could have got him but he didnt

Fran Brown is coaching at Rutgers and is from Camden. He is essentially coaching at Home. You sure about him being able to get him but didnt?. Other than 1 year at Baylor dude hasnt left his 2 hour pocket of life.

Advertisement
Back