Disastrous Loss - Manny Likely Buys More Time

A loss is a loss. Especially when looking at the record as opposed to each game Individually (as the BOT prob does ). I’ll take manny getting an L and hold out hope we get our **** pushed in next week

Advertisement
Agree, this was the worst way to lose. Manny gets to buy himself some more games, which only delays the process we need to start in finding a new coach and getting an interim one appointed that can sell the future.

Worst way to lose? yes. But still better than a win. So 1 slow step closer.

NC State & Pitt are going to be very tough games here. A blowout could easily happen or two more straight L's

Like others have alluded to - I think the AD doesn’t have the authority to fire him. They don’t want him anywhere near the next hire.

Yea but he doesn’t have a single commit hahaha
But I get your point
Who they say is doin the crootin and whose actually doin the crootin ain’t always the same thing.

I’ve just heard a lot about Ish having been to able bond w these kids… he’s only been around for half a season so I’m not sure we can make a judgement yet.

That being said.. I’m just regurgitating what I’ve heard. I’m def not a crootin guru.

Advertisement
I just don't understand the reasoning behind letting the guy continue to coach the football team if 'he's done'.

You don't save any money by letting him continue to coach. You don't improve the recruiting class if you're releasing him at the end of the season.

It's baffling. Cut ties and let the interim HC play the younger players without fear.
The recruiting class essentially this year is dead in the water.

Just let dude finish out the year and go.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind letting the guy continue to coach the football team if 'he's done'.

You don't save any money by letting him continue to coach. You don't improve the recruiting class if you're releasing him at the end of the season.

It's baffling. Cut ties and let the interim HC play the younger players without fear.
The kids are still playing hard for him. If they quit on him, sure you cut bait but you really can't as long as the kids still believe in him.

Advertisement
Back