Disastrous Loss - Manny Likely Buys More Time

Blowout humiliating loss would have gotten him fired immediately after the game

Manny is begging on his knees internally that he lost his Heisman QB that was playing hurt after Alabama and had been forced to play with a freshman QB and just needs more time

This game bought him that time
To what, finish out the season? Only an imbecile thinks he is not fired at the end of the season. You will lose half their season ticket holders.I renewed this year because my son is a senior. There is no ******* way I am renewing next year. That's minus 2 out of club. There goes their donation, too.

I will be sending a note on Monday which I never do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I dont know why you guys think there has to be a certain amount we have to lose by for him to be gone...He's done..and if he isnt Kenny Pickett sends him home.

Do you see the look on his face the last 3 games. He essentially was ready to cry as Mack Brown asked him if he wants a lollipop at the end of the game
I just don't understand the reasoning behind letting the guy continue to coach the football team if 'he's done'.

You don't save any money by letting him continue to coach. You don't improve the recruiting class if you're releasing him at the end of the season.

It's baffling. Cut ties and let the interim HC play the younger players without fear.

Why retain ish?
His recruiting sucks
And his position group sucks
Trob and dvd at least they can recruit so maybe keep them but what has ish done to deserve to be retained?
I didn’t say they should. Just what could be done to save the few croots we have committed.

Advertisement
You could not have drawn up a worse way to lose (especially considering the heartbreak ending) in today's game. The Gods are cruel to Miami fans.

North Carolina State and Pittsburgh are going to crush these Canes—to there's the "time" it bought him; 2-6 by Halloween.

Heartbreaking losses, but better this way—as winning late would've only masked the ****-poor play for much of the game; the mistakes, the penalties, the missed tackles.

This is not a fundamentally sound football team and it "deserves" to be 2-4 more than it "deserves" to be 4-2 with last-second wins.

Canes stole enough last-minute wins over the past few years. Need this program to get back to winning soundly, not skating by.

Is he officially out of the Coastal race? That’s when I think he’s gone.
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

currently dead last in the ACC...

Advertisement
I just don't understand the reasoning behind letting the guy continue to coach the football team if 'he's done'.

You don't save any money by letting him continue to coach. You don't improve the recruiting class if you're releasing him at the end of the season.

It's baffling. Cut ties and let the interim HC play the younger players without fear.
The class Is done. They do save money in the buyout

You could not have drawn up a worse way to lose (especially considering the heartbreak ending) in today's game. The Gods are cruel to Miami fans.

I don’t see it that way. Yet again we come out and look terribly coached. Offense didn’t do anything in the 1st quarter and the defense was terrible almost an exact replay of the UVA game.

Advertisement

Those of us (there are many on this site) who are fans of the round football are particularly baffled. You don't let a manager keep his job with six consecutive losses to league competition. NCSU and Pitt will be 8 straight vs. Power 5. It's the theater of the absurd around here.

Those of us (there are many on this site) who are fans of the round football are particularly baffled. You don't let a manager keep his job with six consecutive losses to league competition. NCSU and Pitt will be 8 straight vs. Power 5. It's the theater of the absurd around here.
I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan. Mowbray lost 15 of 17 and kept his job.

My sporting life is just pain at this point.

I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan. Mowbray lost 15 of 17 and kept his job.

My sporting life is just pain at this point.
That is insane. I went to high school w/ Ricardo Gardner's first cousin.

He's doing just enough to not get fired and lose games.

This is college football purgatory.

Advertisement
Back