Director of sports science

The conditioning is actually pretty similar, high intensity for short bursts over and over with recovery during the game.

The "bras" that kids have been wearing are heart rate monitors, and that factors into recovery as well. And not that you don't work hard, but it isn't all continuing to push anymore, you can overtrain.

Advertisement
Great move by Mario...........in fact combining Renagan with Feld , sounds like Canes to me....
Check this out............"JUICY"..........and Mario smiled.......

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario showing us finally that there are levels to this. We used to be on the garage floor with our infrastructure. It was poverty level how this program was being ran under Blake James and the last few guys.

Can anyone confirm if Rad is helping build out this machine or proving input to get us on the Clemson level of off field type positions.

Mario knows what ''it looks like''

With Cristobal we weren't just getting a new football coach, but a whole new, modernized, state-of-the-art program

This is just another example of the lack of investment (and ability of coaches/AD to sell the need) in the program before -- it's amazing we had the success that we did recruiting with the serious gaps in $$$, infrastructure and quality resources.

Advertisement
This budget has to be massive at this point.

Not sure who stepped up the most financially but this program is a completely different setup now.
Entirely from the school to this point. I think the facility upgrades have some specific donor influence but salaries and football budget is entirely the school’s doing.

Facility enhancements coming soon will stem from the Ever Brighter Campaign and then some specialized donations from Ruiz, etc will help as well. But mostly school funded

This is just another example of the lack of investment (and ability of coaches/AD to sell the need) in the program before -- it's amazing we had the success that we did recruiting with the serious gaps in $$$, infrastructure and quality resources.
This is something talked about for 15 years+, I remember posters bringing this up that it was an arms race and we werent even in it not paying for certain services, doing camps, investing in programs and even our fans at time were in denial, saying it was lies and not needed and would rather stone the messenger than really look at it.. Still happened til Mario said it was ****** run mom and pop operation and needed severe investment..

Advertisement
MarioScarface.jpg

Now we're getting serious. I love this Renaghan hire. Maybe he can figure out how to help cure some turf toe. Mario told Brooks they would get him right when he got here. The last I heard on Brooks, he wasn't doing anything. Let's get a team on him.

Lol, there is more to it.

Yes you need top athletes, but there is no reason alabaga should be leading in this area, this should be right in Miami’s wheelhouse to be on the leading edge of nutrition, recovery, s&c, etc.
I'm not an expert, but I think it has to do with how they're funded. These sports science and physical trainer folks get hired by pro teams and don't necessarily work under the medical umbrella. UHealth gets money from insurance, which doesn't reimburse this stuff; UM gets money from other places, and they have to different things with those monies. P3 and Emory-Hawks facility is an example of sports scientists, a healthcare system and sports team coming together; hopefully UM and UHealth can do something similar down the line if it's not already in place

Advertisement
Back