Director of sports science

Advertisement
First guy on staff with a Stanley Cup ring!

Yep. My Blues have been a pretty good team since we hired Berube as coach, and Renaghan had a big impact. The Blues tend to play a very heavy, physical style of hockey, and Renaghan was very instrumental in keeping those guys on the ice. I'm actually surprised that there isn't more overlap between hockey and football when it comes to performance and recovery.

Last edited:
Sports science has concluded that to win you must recruit and sign the elite players. Nothing else really matters much.
Lol, there is more to it.

Yes you need top athletes, but there is no reason alabaga should be leading in this area, this should be right in Miami’s wheelhouse to be on the leading edge of nutrition, recovery, s&c, etc.

Prescribing supplements specifically for each individual athlete based on bio markers. Next $uckin level. Welcome to the big leagues fellas. Mario hasn't told a single lie since hired.

This is next level. I’m more geeked for these hires than the on field ones. This is the extra 1% that the elite teams are doing. You need every advantage you can get and it’s starts with the off season strength program, nutrition and hires like this.

Can’t wait to see this team in a few years actually look like an SEC team and premier athletes flying around the field.

Advertisement
This is next level. I’m more geeked for these hires than the on field ones. This is the extra 1% that the elite teams are doing. You need every advantage you can get and it’s starts with the off season strength program, nutrition and hires like this.

Can’t wait to see this team in a few years actually look like an SEC team and premier athletes flying around the field.
Nailed it.

Last 2 coaches we hired (LOVED RICHT) were trying to get us to a level that was coming from the basement to the first floor at best. We hired coaches who only knew a formula to win that was outdated at best. You can't bring this program to new heights if you have never operated in any form at that level. Mario is bringing us into the 21st century. Best players best coaching isn't enough. He is always looking for an edge.

Yep. My Blues have been a pretty good team since we hired Berube as the coach, and Renaghan had a big impact. The Blues tend to play a very heavy, physical style of hockey, and Renaghan was very instrumental in keeping those guys on the ice. I'm actually surprised that there isn't more overlap between hockey and football when it comes to performance and recovery.

disappointed standing in the rain GIF

Advertisement
Sports science has concluded that to win you must recruit and sign the elite players. Nothing else really matters much.
If two teams recruit the same elite caliber athlete over an extended period of time, and one of those two fails to invest in sports science, strength and conditioning, and nutrition etc. they will naturally fall behind the other school.

Add to the fact we didn't recruit at an elite level the last 10 years, and its no mystery as to why we've fallen behind everyone else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** I’ve been calling for this for years. It’s so much more than lifting weights and running sprints this is something Chip Kelly pioneered in college football - so it’s only been a thing for 10 years or so by our competitors and many still haven’t bought into it.

Now we’re ******. On a side note.. had a friend that interviewed for the position - he’s been around Auburn under Malzahn and has a fitness lab up in Alabama that he runs now. He’s younger but very well regarded in the industry.. this dude must be off the charts if they chose him instead.
My buddy plays on the blues right now. He said this guy is a game changer and one of the best in the nhl.

Yep. My Blues have been a pretty good team since we hired Berube as coach, and Renaghan had a big impact. The Blues tend to play a very heavy, physical style of hockey, and Renaghan was very instrumental in keeping those guys on the ice. I'm actually surprised that there isn't more overlap between hockey and football when it comes to performance and recovery.

Agreed on the surprising lack of overlap. But just wanted to say that I'm still salty about the 2019 cup final

Advertisement
Back