Dionte Mullins Tweet

If he needs help I hope he gets it but it really sounds like the serving of humble pie had an order for seconds.

Sometimes people need to tank to pull head from ***.

Advertisement
I never like seeing anyone down. No parent envisions that bright little spark of life they're gifted with on the day their date of birth in a place like he may be in. There's always a way up, even if it's a 9 to 5, but you've gotta get them in that mindset saying any life is better than no life. I hope someone gets through to him and it may take going back to the basics.

Life rarely turns out the way you envision it early on. Adapt and live it the best you can as it can all be gone in a second. I didn't have a child until I was 38 and never feared my end. Now I want to live forever and see my boy as long as I can. I'll fight for every day, every second. He needs to find that spark, my boy was mine.

Anyone see any updates on this or hear anything? A little disconcerting that the kid has at least gone radio silent on Twitter since that post.

There isn't any reinforcements coming , I'm sure this dude was told many times the free lunch is coming to an end and the real world is hitting soon like a freight train get your act together listen to people whom have your best interest at hand.
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO these kids want to to be men take care of there families hunting for BAG they know better well

Hey I need a wire guy to work in the wire room in this South Florida summer heat 12-14 hours a day 5:30am-till.

Love when these criers tank after they ignored all the warnings there constantly been given.

GOCANES

Ok UNCLE , I went overboard rambling HUGE DESK egged me on bad influence ever since the IPF OMG.
@brock @Dhatguy you guys I get it 😎🙌

GOCANES

I know UM honors the scholarship for players who leave early, but what about transfers? We always hear about how the U is a family, well it's time to prove that. Dude needs help, if it's not any sort of violation the staff should reach out. Is there anyway to notify the staff incase of the slim chance they haven't heard about this?

Advertisement
I’m not one to sympathize with people who are hurting due to self inflicted actions... but he’s young so he can turn it around.

I’m not one to sympathize with people who are hurting due to self inflicted actions... but he’s young so he can turn it around.

Same here. Zero sympathy from me. He’s been given more help then anyone with regard to mentorship, education, athletics, personal & he’s squandered it all & what he tweeted is in the handbook of idiots that squander chances. They always resort to this..always.

This grown man failed to do simple class work & was ineligible his senior year & yet still got to play in the UA game, & sign with a prestigious university both academically & athletically...then calls out his position coach on Twitter! He’s an entitled brat that needs to get help with his mental health.

Same here. Zero sympathy from me. He’s been given more help then anyone with regard to mentorship, education, athletics, personal & he’s squandered it all & what he tweeted is in the handbook of idiots that squander chances. They always resort to this..always.

This grown man failed to do simple class work & was ineligible his senior year & yet still got to play in the UA game, & sign with a prestigious university both academically & athletically...then calls out his position coach on Twitter! He’s an entitled brat that needs to get help with his mental health.

I agree with all of that, but life is bigger than a sport. You also can't help those who can't get out of their own way. Seems he's reaching out with that and hopefully someone reprograms his *** so he can live a productive life.

I agree with all of that, but life is bigger than a sport. You also can't help those who can't get out of their own way. Seems he's reaching out with that and hopefully someone reprograms his *** so he can live a productive life.

He isn't reaching out for help on social media.

He wants attention.

Get help in silence if you really want it.

Advertisement
I know UM honors the scholarship for players who leave early, but what about transfers? We always hear about how the U is a family, well it's time to prove that. Dude needs help, if it's not any sort of violation the staff should reach out. Is there anyway to notify the staff incase of the slim chance they haven't heard about this?

dont think they honor if you left early bc Yearby has to pay his own way back to complete his degree

He wants attention.

Help comes in all ways. We can't say what he is seeking and people reach out in different ways. Help could come in the form of posts and reactions on social media. Nobody in a good place posts stuff like that.

I can respect that..for me, I’m always skeptical of people that call out for help the way he did. Hopefully he becomes a productive member of society and a great father.

He wants attention.

That’s how I feel. He could call his parents, a friend, a coach from little league to college...Mark Richt would even take his call & help him.

Advertisement
I can respect that..for me, I’m always skeptical of people that call out for help the way he did. Hopefully he becomes a productive member of society and a great father.

Same homie. I keep it close to the vest, but I've seen both sides and been wary of it all since I've seen it go both ways.

I should clarify. It isn't my style, asking for any kind of help publicly. I've had relatives and friends go about things all kinds of ways. The online stuff, a past friend would pull this stuff all the time, like the boy who cried wolf. Had one do it one time and they were gone within hours. You just never know.

Same dude who will tweet “they sleepin’ on me” ..smh you reap what you sow.

Not time to bash fans or players. Ragging about a player transferring is a lot different than hoping that if someone really needs help they get it to avoid depression. Big difference.
So sad.... watching this fanbase tweet crap back in January toward DM and then after he tweets for help today, the 180. Ugh, you guys....

I will say its a different crowd sending the love today than there was giving him crap months (years) ago.
Not time to bash fans or players. Ragging about a player transferring is a lot different than hoping that if someone really needs help they get it to avoid depression. Big difference.

Advertisement
In the Education world, people say there's a mental health crisis. While social media and certain expectations (based on seeing things glamorized) have certainly caused issues, I think what many are seeing is mental health issues are more on display because there are tools everywhere to share and view them.

A 20 something year old like Mullins struggling with the weight of previously poor, ego-driven decisions? This isn't new. It's just easier to share and see now. Kids have to be educated and developed differently because of those tools, though. From an earlier age. Not babied and hand held. The opposite: made aware of these critical personal skills and given ways to continuously develop them. This is a kid who needed a massive amount of focus on self-awareness and self-management. Sooner.

We're at the beginning of a transformation in the Education industry and it hopefully will help more kids handle life situations. Wish the dude well. After a certain point, it's on ourselves, as adults, to develop the competencies to move forward.

In the Education world, people say there's a mental health crisis. While social media and certain expectations (based on seeing things glamorized) have certainly caused issues, I think what many are seeing is mental health issues are more on display because there are tools everywhere to share and view them.

A 20 something year old like Mullins struggling with the weight of previously poor, ego-driven decisions? This isn't new. It's just easier to share and see now. Kids have to be educated and developed differently because of those tools, though. From an earlier age. Not babied and hand held. The opposite: made aware of these critical personal skills and given ways to continuously develop them. This is a kid who needed a massive amount of focus on self-awareness and self-management. Sooner.

We're at the beginning of a transformation in the Education industry and it hopefully will help more kids handle life situations. Wish the dude well. After a certain point, it's on ourselves, as adults, to develop the competencies to move forward.
Well said, Lu. Your point is true across many aspects of society. The spread of mass communication has gotten us to a point where basically anytime something bad happens anywhere in the world we all find out about it. Obviously that wasn't the case 30 years ago. As a result, there is often this sentiment that the world is so much worse now. When, in many situations, it is not at all; we just all hear about it now.

Is it though? What was the reason for the transfer? There is probably a strong correlation for the kid.

I support them either way. They're kids. I taught for 6 years in the 90s in the Ely area. Had a couple of mine go P5. Glad these kids get a chance at anything outside of what they came from.

Advertisement
Back