Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

Naturally is fine. Once people get eyes on you on campus who cares. It’s the process leading up to that point.
I understand the professionalism aspects of all of this, and I’m not caught up on all these details but my thing is if word leaked out about this…ultimately that shouldn’t have anything to do with him committing to us or not

Or am I missing the point here? Like if a story is leaked or not there’s no way that would dictate where a kid decides to go to college…that doesn’t make any sense to me

Advertisement
I understand the professionalism aspects of all of this, and I’m not caught up on all these details but my thing is if word leaked out about this…ultimately that shouldn’t have anything to do with him committing to us or not

Or am I missing the point here? Like if a story is leaked or not there’s no way that would dictate where a kid decides to go to college…that doesn’t make any sense to me
Ultimately you want the kid to at least give you the opportunity.

****ie & Mustard haven’t been here before and you would at least want them to come here and check it out and give your coaching staff the opportunity to win them over.

If the or a current team gets a chance to prevent you from exploring the opportunity before it even begins, then you have no shot at the kid. It not about the commitment at this point.

Ultimately you want the kid to at least give you the opportunity.

****ie & Mustard haven’t been here before and you would at least want them to come here and check it out and give your coaching staff the opportunity to win them over.

If the or a current team gets a chance to prevent you from exploring the opportunity before it even begins, then you have no shot at the kid. It not about the commitment at this point.
Oh for sure. I’m definitely not happy about the lack of professionalism

But like you’re saying, if a kid wants to come here, then he comes here. A team isn’t going to stop him if he really wants to do it

So this is a bad look but ultimately has nothing to do with whether we land him or not….but I think the point we are discussing is more big picture stuff so that makes sense

I'm sure our staff has counters for this type of measure
Our staff response should reflect confidence. Tell the kid "look, I know school X is so threatened by what we have to offer as a program that they will do anything to keep you from checking us out. Go ahead and take them up on their desperate offers, and then we can schedule a later visit so you can come and see what our program can do for you"

UF being that terrified of him visiting Miami for a July BBQ and paying him to stay in GVille is probably just going to help us. Even if they get a commit, what happens when he leaves? Mario won't stop recruiting him and he'll visit here some other time.

The fact their writers/fans celebrate "we kept him from visiting this weekend" says everything about their inferiority complex

Advertisement
UF being that terrified of him visiting Miami for a July BBQ and paying him to stay in GVille is probably just going to help us. Even if they get a commit, what happens when he leaves? Mario won't stop recruiting him and he'll visit here some other time.

The fact their writers/fans celebrate "we kept him from visiting this weekend" says everything about their inferiority complex
Exactly. What’s billy going to do, kidnap him and lock him in a basement til NSD?

Nothing to worry about. Reeks of desperation.

Yep these are the things we need Gaby hedging Conservative on as it pertains to releasing highly sensitive info. Hopefully Mario can get these reporters to fall in line. Mario and staff have been secretive about BBQ visitors for a reason.
It was ferman

This stuff wasn’t on our board. I think Gaby gets info from staff. Whether something on here alerts him to look in to something, it might but not because I think he’s reading CIS. More so that a poster here brings information there and it becomes a question on their board. And yes, I have seen several CIS posters who post there bring info from here to that board.
THIS TIME IT WAS FERMAN FIRST. Gaby only commented on Dijon after it was out

Advertisement
Kid ain’t playin…
5752B51A-E412-438B-AD20-F582A7E4223C.jpeg

Advertisement
Crazy having to allocate their budgeted “bag money” for kids NOT to visit Miami lol

We literally live rent free in their heads and their 247 admin agrees that we are their boogeyman and they don’t win 1on1 battles against us lol

Crazy having to allocate their budgeted “bag money” for kids NOT to visit Miami lol

We literally live rent free in their heads and their 247 admin agrees that we are their boogeyman and they don’t win 1on1 battles against us lol
Well we just lost Andy Jean head to head. That might shift perceptions a bit. Their balls are swelling right now after taking the flakiest kid on the board.

Advertisement

Or it says he's eliminated us, at least for the time being.

It doesn't say anything besides he's had a good time there, enough to skip out on us.

Or it says he's eliminated us, at least for the time being.

It doesn't say anything besides he's had a good time there, enough to skip out on us.

He's literally get it made it "worth his time" to spend an extra day in Gainesville in July. That's what it says, and that's really it.

UF's own writers said Johnson didnt even tell UF that he was going to visit Miami, they learned that when it got leaked then pulled out the $. If Johnson was keeping his plans to visit a secret even from UF's coaches, writing off Mario's ability to recruit him seems premature. If anything, Mario will make this personal and just go after Johnson harder

Advertisement
Back