Difference makers for 2024?

Advertisement
I was just thinking this same thing. What makes this team better than last years team? Ward I think will be an upgrade over TVD, but I’m failing to see where else we’ve improved
More overall depth. But positionally pass rusher immediately looks better this year compared to last. Next year team will ultimately be judged by Cam and how much we get from the 2023 & 2024 class.

Kickers are extremely valuable players. Ask FSU if their kickers were difference makers for them.

Cool

Still not a game changer, maybe yall got different definitions. My definition of a game changer is their lack of a guy who didn’t get them a touchdown there or even a closer fg OR our game changer or difference makers stopped them from getting any closer for the kick

Either way if u wanna count kickers or not, if we name two players and then go straight to kicker as GAME CHANGERS…Thats a problem, nobody ever mentions our kickers from our glory days we talk about playmaka, JB, Tana ,hester, Dre, Portis, Reed, ST etc etc those are mf game changers

Advertisement
Cool

Still not a game changer, maybe yall got different definitions. My definition of a game changer is their lack of a guy who didn’t get them a touchdown there or even a closer fg OR our game changer or difference makers stopped them from getting any closer for the kick

Either way if u wanna count kickers or not, if we name two players and then go straight to kicker as GAME CHANGERS…Thats a problem, nobody ever mentions our kickers from our glory days we talk about playmaka, JB, Tana ,hester, Dre, Portis, Reed, ST etc etc those are mf game changers

I don't disagree with you on the bolded.

I completely disagree with the idea that kickers are not game changers.

You're arguing quantity of game changers. I am arguing that a kicker is a game changer.

I think we'd both be happy with more game changers.

Signing Ward implies they want to make playoffs. The rest of signing imply we want to compete in the ACC. Burroughs had way to high expectations for what he has been. Spring will be interesting.

Miami can’t afford to sign a high-end high school class and a high-end portal class.

The money isn’t there, period.

The suck tax is a MAJOR component of this limitation. Start winning and putting kids in the draft and you’ll see more “impact” players in the portal.

Miami has chosen to get their impact guys from the high school rank and build from there.

If the"explanation" is we can't pay portal and high school I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with those freshmen being on the sideline and watching bargain portal players struggle. Either put the guys we are giving all the money to on the field or recruit better HS players.

Advertisement
If the"explanation" is we can't pay portal and high school I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with those freshmen being on the sideline and watching bargain portal players struggle. Either put the guys we are giving all the money to on the field or recruit better HS players.

You and I don't always see eye to eye. But I'm 100% in agreement here. And in general, the idea of playing upperclassmen who have hit low ceilings over super talented but raw freshmen and sophomores is bad coaching. I know we were in every game, our losses were all decided by a TD or less. But you can't figure out how to rotate in guys at all?

Not playing Skinner still burns me up. We play Chantz but not Collins. Both kids could have at least played a bunch in the bowl game. Maybe we hang on to those two? We had Flagg and sometimes Keontra out there while sitting Popo et al.? Horton got virtually no burn but Gore gets snaps? Hardly caught a glimpse of Robby and Ray Ray at WR, Stafford and Spencer at DB. And not that we had any healthy high-NIL linemen sitting on the sideline vs Rutgers. But seeing Lou out there had me seething. At least get Kinsler or Tinilau some experience.

our OL was great last year but I want to see this group be even better and the potential is there

Mauigoa and Cooper are still getting better, Rivers should continue to get more comfortable at the spot

It’s a double edged sword having 3 potential difference makers on the team be OL and I can really only think of 2 or 3 on the rest of the team

We have a really solid team. I'm more optimistic than many, but I try to be realistic while still being a fan. From my perspective, we should be steamrolling average and weak teams where individual heroism isn't going to change the outcome of the game. But against top teams, or on those off days when the team is sleepwalking, you need disruptive players to win.

Who are those players in 2024? Right now, I've only got 2: Ward and Bain.

Is that too harsh? Do you believe that Mesidor, George, Restrepo, Kiko, Arroyo, JHH, etc. can be counted to step up and deliver game-changing plays against UF, FSU, UL, and Clemson in the ACCCG?

Agree on your assessment. From a gamebreaking POV - guys who can take over a game - we have those two.

After that, we have a lot of "good" players that CAN make an impact as long as they stay healthy. IMO:

Mesidor
Collective OL
Kiko
ray ray
Arroyo

I don't see a lot of others at this point that are clear game breakers. The above guys have the potential to change a game and yeah, I kind of cheated on the OL.

That said, we have a lot of other GOOD guys that can be productive and that's ok.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_161335_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_161335_Samsung Internet.jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 0
Can't believe no one has mentioned the only difference maker that matters...

OLD MAN CAM MCCORMICK
yea, b. gotta be honest...

Old Bay by McCormick the only difference maker that matters...for your crab boils.

1200x367_mfc_desktop_2021_4.jpg

is what Old Man Cam McCormick would say if you yelled for him because he's hard of hearing.

Individual difference makers are cool but the strength of the overall units and gameplanning/in game adjustments matter more.

Can Miami win 10+ with the strengths of units, listed in best to worst (IMO)?

Offense: OL, QB, RB, WR, TE
Defense: DE, LB, CB/DT, S

Special Teams is an above average unit

Advertisement
Back