Did OSU play Torrance?

Again fellas, Braxton Miller was/is OSU's starting QB. Tim Tebow played for Meyer at UF. What makes you guys think that Meyer won't give Gibson a fair shot to play QB at OSU?

He's an even worse passer than both of those guys. He may get a shot, but he's shown nothing that indicates that he'll success. QB is a year long job. The kid ****s around playing WR when he could be working on his footwork, touch, etc., during 7v7s in the offseason.

As a prospect, I'm not sure that he's any worse than braxton Miller as a passer.

Advertisement
Who cares what they told the kid. They got him. We told Rudolph he was a DB, how did that turn out? We also told Louis that he was a safety and now he is at Auburn making plays as a WR. Sounds like we are the ones getting played by trying to put these kids in a box.

With J.T. Barrett, Braxton Miller still lurking, and now this kid Cardale Jones, Gibson is out of his mind if he thinks he's gonna see PT at QB for OSU.

Advertisement
Gibson still has time to change his mind and be a WR at Miami...possibly make it to the NfL one day.

I don't see how Gibson gonna go and play QB for OSU. He's gonna be sitting for a LONG TIME.

Wish he would realize the upside and potential he has at WR.

I don't see how Gibson gonna go and play QB for OSU. He's gonna be sitting for a LONG TIME.

Wish he would realize the upside and potential he has at WR.

He is going to be on the receiving end of reality once he gets to ohio and hes warming up with the skills positions and practicing with the receiving unit.

Yea by watching there 3rd string qb play ima agree that OSU played that kid he was never gonna get a real shot at qb they have great qb depth... braxton miller should transfer and pass the torch to the young guys like russel wilson did...

Advertisement
Have any of the Gibson fans here actually watched him play?

I have, quite a few times. He is a freakishly good athlete, but not a good D1 caliber passer. He will go to Ohio State, sit behind Cardale Jones, and either be switched to another position or possibly be the quarterback his senior season if Urban doesn't find anybody else in the next 3-4 years.

Point here is Urban Meyer will tell a kid whatever he want to hear. You know how many "next Percy Harvin's" there have been??? Just sign the damm LOI and he has them with an inevitable switch of positions a year later. Aside from Urbie being a lying POS, his approach works. I say bring him in as QB and let it settle where it may...

Last edited:
@CanesWarningFS: Miami has been heavily recruiting dual threat QB Torrance Gibson lately. Golden visited him earlier this week. ESPN ranks Gibson 16thoverall

@CanesWarningFS: Miami is recruiting Torrance Gibson as a QB, a position where the Canes really lack depth right now

Honestly I wouldn't care it would make our class look better and once he realizes he isn't a true QB he'll move to his best position WR.. But hey I think we should obviously give him a shot...

It's worth a shot. High risk, high reward as a QB. Can you imagine a dual-threat with Miami athletes?

If he develops, you have a **** of a talent at QB.

And if he doesn't pan out at the position you have a great WR with great size and speed.

No brainer.

Advertisement
Lawson was a better QB prospect, so in that sense this would be a slight downgrade. However, this kid is probably the #1 athlete in the nation regardless of position. Anytime you can add that to the roster, you win.

Lawson was a better QB prospect, so in that sense this would be a slight downgrade. However, this kid is probably the #1 athlete in the nation regardless of position. Anytime you can add that to the roster, you win.

Lawson was more polished yes, but Gibson does have a lot of upside and a very high ceiling. As you mentioned a great athlete.

Advertisement
Tebow didnt have accuracy either...he did just fine! surround him with playmakers a good O Line and coach him up he's a heisman contender!

Advertisement
Back