Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Advertisement
I don't understand if you're being pedantic when you say he's getting touches in every single game. Yes, he's literally touched the ball in every game but if you think there's nothing wrong with him having one reception 4 games this season and the most catches he's had all year is 6 then I'd imagine you're apart of Richt's coaching staff.
Your quote was "I don't know how you can say he is getting touches here" when he has played in and gotten balls in every single game he has played including getting 10 last weekend and a PR TD. I fully agree the playcalling and QB play has greatly limited the much higher potential he has (who wouldn't agree with that?!?) but to make a statement that he isn't getting touches is just stupid. Maybe you meant "not as many as he should be", but that's not what you said.

Yea that sounds good but we have a lot of underperforming upperclassmen whose only claim to playing time is that they’ve been here longer. I can see how a frosh who was promised the opportunity to earn PT would be ****ed.

The days of redshirting talented freshmen is over. Play the talent.

And even red shirts get to play in 4 games

If he left the team oh well I’m not about to cry over a kid making a decision for his self while I don’t agree with it best of luck to him if he’s gone ...side note Richt needs to be fired if he has indeed left lol he was our best playmaker besides Richards there Is no way with the talent we have on offense to be struggling this BAD

Advertisement
NFL teams have made it clear that they are not tolerating any locker room baggage from WR's? Exactly why do you think that? The NFL is made up of Diva's and a prime example is that stupid contract that the Giants gave to OBJ....That guy is going to cause them more issues and problems then win them football games. Thomas quits here and goes to Illinois and lights it up...NFL teams won't care...They will take him in a hearbeat.

With all that being said, I personally think that Richt may not be a great coach but he does know how to speak to kids and their parents. I would be shocked if things can't be worked out with all these kids so that they stay.
There’s a big difference between OBJ and what would be a rookie who decided to quit on his team multiple times when things got tough.

My favorite player as a cane fan along with Duke. Would be a gut punch if he leaves

Less troublesome than the kid who walked out on his HS team and had to be begged back? The kid who has now walked out on his college team and its seniors with two games left in the season? The kid who has *****ed about playtime since he set foot on campus? The one who shows up late to practice and then gets into it with his coach and storms out like a little b-tch?

Yeah, you're right, it's 100% the staff's fault.

Pretty much every team has to deal with difficult players. If it was one disgruntled player, then yeah, it's on the kid. Except earlier this week Pope wanted to leave. And Williams too. Rick has lost control of the team.

Advertisement
Pretty much every team has to deal with difficult players. If it was one disgruntled player, then yeah, it's on the kid. Except earlier this week Pope wanted to leave. And Williams too. Rick has lost control of the team.
No doubt there's a ton of blame to be laid in Richt and the staff. My point is there is blame to be placed elsewhere as well. ****, look at Pope who is about 120pds soaking wet, gives absolute sh-t effort blocking on a team that values blocking by their wide outs, and then goes all crybaby b-tch on social media "why is everyone eating but me?!!? waaaaaah waaaaah waaaah!" on a week we just had our first win in a month. Fvck that kind of mentality from these young kids!

he is getting touches. He should be getting more. Both things can be true. Theres a difference between a guy like him getting the touches he deserves, and the touches that show the nfl scouts enough to grade him and draft him high. Do you just think NFL scouts are idiots? You are literally implying that better stats=better draft slot.

He's currently at 35 receptions (leading the team) and 19 KR/PRs. If You're a scout and don't know the potential he has you just weren't watching. Regardless this is only his sophomore season. He currently has 1/5th of all receptions on a team that also has a stud Frosh TE, some pass catching RBs, and Multiple other talented WRs. If our Qbs were completing 65% of their throws instead of 55% he might have 45 or so catches. Ideally it'd be at or above 6 receptions per game for him.

Secondly the reason he wont be a top draft pick will be entirely based on his character and his traits.

I'm implying that there's a possibility he hasn't shown enough to the NFL scouts to warrant being drafted in the top 2 rounds. He's a special talent and has all the potential in the world, but there are other receivers across the nation who are too and at the same time getting the touches they deserve each game and for multiple years now.

Advertisement
NFL teams have made it clear that they are not tolerating any locker room baggage from WR's? Exactly why do you think that? The NFL is made up of Diva's and a prime example is that stupid contract that the Giants gave to OBJ....That guy is going to cause them more issues and problems then win them football games. Thomas quits here and goes to Illinois and lights it up...NFL teams won't care...They will take him in a hearbeat.

With all that being said, I personally think that Richt may not be a great coach but he does know how to speak to kids and their parents. I would be shocked if things can't be worked out with all these kids so that they stay.

Illinois is terrible though and their passing offense makes us look halfway decent.

Thomas would just be a moron for transferring there, especially with the NFL just 1 year

Advertisement
For those who think Jarren won't transfer and will sit around for 2 plus years when he can play somewhere else, there you go.

We've documented it on these boards for nearly two decades now. The success rate of QB's who transfer is extremely low. Jarren might not realize this but any school that he transfers to will already have scholarship QBs on the roster who all know the playbook, system, and lay of the land better than him.

Whereas at UM, he only has to beat out two kids (Perry & Weldon), both of which have shown themselves to be out-playable.

Less troublesome than the kid who walked out on his HS team and had to be begged back? The kid who has now walked out on his college team and its seniors with two games left in the season? The kid who has *****ed about playtime since he set foot on campus? The one who shows up late to practice and then gets into it with his coach and storms out like a little b-tch?

Yeah, you're right, it's 100% the staff's fault.
I have come to the realization, if a kid farts it’s the coaches fault, if a kid does not get the grades, it’s the coaches fault, if a kid steals must be the coaches! People on this site have no understanding of self accountability, shame!

Advertisement
Back