Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Advertisement
JT4 was told he was going to be disaplined four some violation of da team rules and he quit. JT don't lie, he said he quit. Not sure wat Richt said dat supposedly contradicts dat.

Advertisement
When I was JT's age I spent that entire year working on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. If you showed up late you lost personal freedoms and perhaps some money. Even though we refer to them as kids, JT is an adult. I had times when I was late, you know, because I was a 19 year old KID, but I never tried to tee off on a superior. You shut your mouth, apologize, take your licks (runs your extra gassers/extra duty days, etc.) and move on. JT clearly is not showing that level of maturity...yet. Im hopeful he can figure it out quickly.

Also, conflating dropped passes with an inability to meet off field assignments is an incorrect assessment.

You can't be serious. For the record I have been working since I was in middle school.

Do you understand why someone working on a flight deck would be disciplined for showing up late? It is because you are easily replaceable. You could find millions of people that could do that job. Do you know how many people are gifted enough AND eligible to play for Miami next year? Dozens.

It is the same thing with any high paying job. Take a look at private equity. You have a guy that mops the floors for the company. If he is late 3 times he gets canned. You have a guy that is making the company over a billion dollars per year. The guy could have strippers snorting coke off his **** in the office and he will not even get a slap on the wrist. Why? Becuase one of these guys is easily replaceable. The other one is almost impossible to replace. Add in the fact that if you canned the billion dollar earner. No other top PE guy would be willing to work for that company knowing that they would be on a relatively tight leash when they could work for a competitor that will let them do whatever they want.

Shouldve known when he turnt that corner, stayed in bounds and took off from just inside the 5 yard line, Richt was like thats too explosive, and we dont need that type of **** around here... sigh

Dam, I can watch that all day, atleast we got that reggie bush type highlight. Reggie did it in championship thriller.. While JT4 was stuck barely getting the ball in the coastal gauntlet.

A lot of it has to do with how Richt is running things involving media access.

Team sources are strongly discouraged on speaking with the media, or even simply confirming things before the team is ready to release it on their own. There are repercussions on both sides for doing so, Pete even experienced this with the Malek Young injury news release.

Everyone loves talking about how kids play in practice, but clam up when it's time to confirm things that actually affect the team. Most of what I hear ends up being true, but in my position you have to get someone directly involved with the team to confirm things before you say anything, like in this situation or the suspensions from last week. Being new, I've been pretty conservative on this so far, but I'm thinking of riding with a few trusted "outside" sources and saying ***** it.

Good input. I can see that. I am all for it. I miss the constant updates with the team, recruiting, etc.

Advertisement
Back