Did Derrick Griffin get his score?

Advertisement
This is one of those deals where when you see him in a Miami uniform on game day you can get excited.

Yuuuuuup. Hope to **** he gets in, but Im not getting excited on this til I see him on the sidelines in a uniform. Weve seen this cr#p too many times before.

Advertisement
This is one of those deals where when you see him in a Miami uniform on game day you can get excited.

Yuuuuuup. Hope to **** he gets in, but Im not getting excited on this til I see him on the sidelines in a uniform. Weve seen this cr#p too many times before.

You know if we rewind the clock a year you were pretty much Public Enemy #1 around here for your alleged "mopery". You turned out to be right about pretty much everything. I've had the same thoughts with Griffin that I did with Bond. I would be surprised if either played here. I'm not going to criticize the kid but there's been plenty of red flags in both cases.

I hope to **** it all works out though of course. Griffin is a special special athlete.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Who cares about speling?

I still can't spell without spell checker and I graduated from law school.

It's law school. You can't spell, but I bet you can count to 10,000.
:stormwarning:i laughed out loud
david-tennant-laughing-gif-i2.gif

Advertisement

You know if we rewind the clock a year you were pretty much Public Enemy #1 around here for your alleged "mopery". You turned out to be right about pretty much everything. I've had the same thoughts with Griffin that I did with Bond. I would be surprised if either played here. I'm not going to criticize the kid but there's been plenty of red flags in both cases.

I hope to **** it all works out though of course. Griffin is a special special athlete.

Am not trying to be a buzz kill. I REALLY want this kid on campus ASAP too. But just being realistic. Weve seen this too many times before. Between admissions, the kids often making up BS, and the Clearinghouse. Way too many variables still up in the air before we can celebrate this.

I explained my philosophy last year. Expect the worst, hope for the best. I dont try to be a debbie downer, just trying to keep things in perspective, to avoid some of the meltdowns people have every year when a kid screws us, despite many warning signs that they were going to do so.

Last year there were a lot red flags with guys like MT, Keith, Bostick, and AC. I just felt like someone should try to keep expectations in check and realistic if the worst happened, which it did, at least with those cats.

As for Griffin, I really want the kid, just not going to allow myself to get too excited until we have more concrete info that he's good to go. Weve seen this type of situation go to sh8t on us enough times before that we should be cautious.

Advertisement
Back