did Deejay say hes going pro?

If he comes back great but the draft shouldnt be the reason for it. He is who he is, his draft stock will not get any better by coming back.

Advertisement
He likely goes undrafted. He won't run a good 40 and RBs like him are a dime a dozen.

His stock won't improve by returning to school obviously but let's not pretend he has a guaranteed NFL contract waiting for him.

I agree. And coming back and being highly productive does help RBs like him. If he came back and rushed for 1500 that kid is going 4th round or better.

So I disagree a little with those who say coming back won’t help him.

However I understand the decision to go pro with a child. Most canes fans are higher on his abilities than I am when it comes to NFL.

If he leaves I think we’ll see this with Cam and Lingard. No knock to Deejay. Each guy is different and I appreciate what he gave us a cane from his time as a WR - now.

Good luck either way and I hope I’m wrong and he’s drafted highly to secure his families future!

Advertisement
Want him to stay buy he is a RB and they only have so many carries in them. If they advisory committee says hes getting drafted he should go

Any RB in college who is guaranteed to get drafted should go and get paid while they can. They half the shortest shelf life in football. They aren’t going to get much better. DeeJay did what he had to do from last year to this year in losing all that weight and thus making him explosive enough to be a NFL back.
I'm sure Portis though wished he waited one more season. Left some money on the table going 2nd round vs. 1st round.

Advertisement
He will be 3rd or 4th rounder .Just watch . Kid is a top 10 back in college . He is the only junior who should go though. Garvin and the rest would be stupid leaving .

But he's the fifth or sixth best back in the ACC. Lol We got the most ignorant self centered ego centric fans ever. Come to miami where the fans hate the players.
That doesn't mean he's the 5th or 6th best NFL prospect.

Advertisement
Does it matter what any fan thinks he should do. He is a grown man. Most grown men make their own decisions. I wish him the best whatever he decides

Lot of harsh lessons from our program these past few years. I'm sure Deejay will do his homework.

Surprised nobody has kind of mentioned the X factor with him, namely that nobody on the team likely enjoys or takes more pride in playing with that U on his helmet than him. Maybe he wants one more shot at an ACC/Nat championship next year and really enjoys the UMiami/College experience.

I agree that it is likely in his best financial interests to turn pro, especially based on position, but that isnt always everything. Remember Leinert was practically guaranteed to go #1 overall and returned to USC because he said he loved college and playing for the Trojans. DJD's baby's grandfather is also Dugans so without assuming anything, getting a paycheck asap might not be a necessity like it would be for others in his position.

With that said, agree with most of the board, would absolutely love for him to come back and be without question our senior leader if thats what he wants to do, but im going to support the heck outa whatever decision he makes. He's earned that.

Advertisement
Walton was a 4th and Homer a 6th. DeeJay is every bit as good as those 2.

I think his range is anywhere 4th to 7th round - but he'll definitely get drafted.

Any RB in college who is guaranteed to get drafted should go and get paid while they can. They half the shortest shelf life in football. They aren’t going to get much better. DeeJay did what he had to do from last year to this year in losing all that weight and thus making him explosive enough to be a NFL back.
This, go make bank while you can.

Advertisement
Back