did Deejay say hes going pro?

Advertisement
Any RB in college who is guaranteed to get drafted should go and get paid while they can. They half the shortest shelf life in football. They aren’t going to get much better. DeeJay did what he had to do from last year to this year in losing all that weight and thus making him explosive enough to be a NFL back.

Advertisement
He’s honestly the fifth or sixth best back JUST in the ACC this season, by the numbers and depending who you ask. He should stay to improve his stock. I think he’ll make a good pro back. He might never get the chance to shine, if he is a UFA. He’s riding a very thin edge if he leaves this season. There’s nothing to indicate that changes if he stays, outside of having a breakout senior season and becoming a higher profile player. He’s in a very tough position. I wouldn’t want to have to decide for him. It’s a jump ball 🤷‍♂️ My opinion and I’m sure everyone here has one. I’ll just hope and pray the kid gets paid, balls out, gets a great landing spot and finds his way to a second contract. $$$

Last edited:
What’s truly interesting is, he came here as a projected WR or CB. Pure athlete. His greatest value in the draft would have been at CB. I just don’t think it’s as easy as “he’s gone”. It’s literally a million dollar decision. I know those take a great deal of thought and are rarely cut and dry.

Advertisement
It's not just running. DJ has a high football IQ and does a lot of little things in situations like pass protection.

He will probably go in the mid to late rounds. Staying here another year won't change that.

Imo he will and should go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Usually I get frustrated when kids leave early when they could have greatly increased their draft stock by coming back. Won't be the case with Deejay. He's earned my respect no matter what he decides. If he thinks he gets drafted, he's probably wise to go now even if it's a low round. He showed out this year and we're going to have quite the stable of backs next year.

Advertisement
Back