Did anyone expected Richt to lost the fanbase this fast?

I don't blame you for being so salty at the world.

I'd be hot as **** too if the guy who's labia I'd been slurping turned out to be a total fraud.

Kind of like how the greatest football coach in college football somehow finds himself at FIU? That kind of total fraud?

Advertisement
When we win the coastal and get back to the ACCCG the only people "lost" are idiots
Why? He hasn't shown any ability to ever get further than that. He certainly doesn't make decisions that suggest otherwise

Why? He hasn't shown any ability to ever get further than that. He certainly doesn't make decisions that suggest otherwise
Well i never said further, and he's done nothing to show we aren't going back this year. We have 1 conference loss and everything still ahead of us

lmao we've been a worse program than VT since the 02 season...get into reality man. we have to at least win 1 conference title before we can start yapping about national titles.

Let me repeat, I don’t care what the last 15 years have been like, when you’ve won FIVE (5) titles and have played for a chance to win it all nine (9) times in the last 35 years, your target should always be winning the national title and NOT winning the Coastal. Facts!

Aiming for the Coastal is a low bar and it’s not a target a great leader would shoot for when you have a legacy and brand that we have, and it’s not the message you want to send to a high performing team or a high performing team you’re attempting to build.

Winning the Coastal is a MILESTONE to be reached as you march towards you primary goal, and that’s the message you send to a high performing team. National title is the goal you aim for and speak about constantly and the Coastal is a mere milestone and a metric that should be used to measure your performance within that framework. See the difference?

The phrasing and the wording do matter because there is “energy” in it, and teams tend to aim for the target that’s set /or the course the leader sets and speaks on. That becomes the picture in your mind, and when you reach that target, guess what happens? You will relax and take foot off the gas, because the goal has been met.

It’s a human behavior thing and winners / great leaders understand that. You aim high, expecially when you have the talent on your side to execute at a high level and to meet high goals. This is true in business and it’s true in sports.

Winners aren’t always easy to spot (unless you’re around one), but it’s **** sure easy to spot a person that isn’t one. You can tell by the language they use and they way his teams perform when the pressure is on (and this goes beyond football)

I am not some know it all wanna be, but I’m a self made guy in his mid 40’s and I have been lucky enough to have great mentors / leaders in my life. This stuff is consistent across disciplines, and I know what high performing teams look like and I have seen how leaders motivate teams to consistently perform at a high level. These guys aim high and they’re able to motivate teams to either reach or come **** close to those goals consistently.

Coastal my ****. That’s a milestone not your goal

Last edited:
Just wakeup!! Is not the early 2000 anymore. Almost 20 years since we were the top dog. ACC-CG should be the realistic goal every year.

You realize there is no rule that says if you havent won a title in a certain number of years you arent allowed to win another one, right?

Advertisement
Well i never said further, and he's done nothing to show we aren't going back this year. We have 1 conference loss and everything still ahead of us
You really think that outing vs UVA doesn't show that Miami either won't make the ACCCG, or at the very least get beat just as bad as last year? Disgusting that this is satisfactory to you

I think like me most fans thought we were over losing to the UVA’s of the world. I think getting hit with this reality that we are not and it’s because of the deliberate choices Richt has made has really expedited the process.

Couldn’t have said it better.

I swear MDP, Corch probably has 20 or so accounts on this board with some of the drivel (slurping) I read on here 😂

Mediocrity wins the day with some of these posters.

Here we go again: Slurpers VS Mopers. Popcorn time!

Mark Richt has like 20 years of the same ol same ol. After Georgia put him out to pasture, this University gave him another chance at a school that can and should be a national championship team in a base that he can recruit the best from.

What we've seen is a combination of his failures to win the big one at Georgia with a splash of the same issues we saw with Golden, Shannon, and Coker.

There is nothing wrong with being a B+ coach, but after having an F, D-, and D+ coach in the past 15 years, B+ just ain't gonna cut it.

Advertisement
Golden was lip-locked with Dorito and Flake, and the defense sucked. Richt is lip-locked to his son, the OC, Flake, and the offense sucks. Three more years of spinning our wheels. If I hit the lottery next week, I'll buy out Richt and Flake, Make Butch AD and let him pick our next coach.

A "B+" level coach could easily compete for championships at a place like Miami.

I wouldn't put Richt in that category.

C+ is more in the ballpark.

He gets outcoached on the offensive side of the ball in most games.

Mark Richt has like 20 years of the same ol same ol. After Georgia put him out to pasture, this University gave him another chance at a school that can and should be a national championship team in a base that he can recruit the best from.

What we've seen is a combination of his failures to win the big one at Georgia with a splash of the same issues we saw with Golden, Shannon, and Coker.

There is nothing wrong with being a B+ coach, but after having an F, D-, and D+ coach in the past 15 years, B+ just ain't gonna cut it.

Richt isn't going anywhere any time soon. I don't know why some posters act like his departure is imminent.

Should he be axed? That's a different question. But we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future, it doesn't matter how many banners fly or posts are made in anger.

Advertisement
A "B+" level coach could easily compete for championships at a place like Miami.

I think he’s a solid B coach. Here is what I see when I watch Richt: he’s a great #2 guy, but I don’t see the intangibles of a great lead guy.

He’s a “process guy” (e.g., philosophy and repeatable system) and guys like that are great in a #2 or # 3 role (great leaders need guys like this orbiting around them), but he’s not a visionary or inspirational leader. To win big or to be a great leader you must have both (process and inspirational).

You can win and do solid things as a “process guy/coach” only, but rarely can you win a title being only that (unless you inherited extraordinary and overwhelming talent advantages - see Coker, and that’s not sustainable). That’s why Richt has been a 9-4 to 10-3 guy for his entire career. Even worse, he’s a process guy with outdated concepts in a modern offensive football world, which leaves our offense in a constant state of friction.

Process is going to get you 5-6 wins by default, talent will give you another 3-4 wins, but vision and inspiration is what what separates the truly great coaches and leaders from the pack. It’s what gives you that final 3-4 wins. That’s when you need more than talent or process; you must inspire and make teams believe. That’s not Richt.

Last edited:

You have to give him some credit...he's 5th in active coaches win percentage, 5th in Bowl Game win percentage, Top 5 in wins and bowl wins.

This ESPN article by Schlabach a few years ago sums Richt up pretty easily...Richt won a lot of games...just not the right ones. Sums up what is happening here.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/14249507/mark-richt-won-lot-games-georgia-just-not-right-ones

Advertisement
He lost me the day he hired his Son. If his Son was a good coach he would not need his Papa to give him a job. This is disgusting

Slurpers & Mopers VS “Realist”....there, I fixed it for yah, now get bent!
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back