Diaz was not a bad hire

Yea check the stats last year when we played at least a few average offenses. How did Logan Woodside, Kurt Benkert, Kelly Bryant, Alex Hornibrook and others do against this vaunted D? those stats you puked up are the definition of fake news

I did check 'em in 2017 and they were still elite. Fake news when the defense is hovering in the same vicinity as the Clemson's and the Bama's of the college world. Speaking of 2017, don't see you complaining about the shutdown of Notre Dame, VaTech. I'll give you those QBs, but you're only looking at from short-sided view just to try to prove your point. In each of those games, Miami bottled up the rush-offenses. We were better stopping the run last year, better at defending the pass this year. But the body of work still remained largely the same or improved. The one constant that has remained though, since the Pitt game last year is that the QB play has been horrendous, the punt game puts gives the other team roughly only 60 yards to work with, and our offense can't convert critical downs leaving our defense on the field a majority of the game.

Not saying you're wrong about discounting the Manny hire. But come up with a more substantial complaint than that.

Advertisement
No, I was simply listing that my undergrad degrees are Finance & Sports Management and my graduate degree is a Finance MBA so it’s not like I have experience as a decision maker for these searches.

Trying to make it clear I understand he’s more qualified than I am.

he may be "qualified" but the message board idiotas are consistently ahead of the unathletic department in their critique of the program...

his decisions do not support the notion of being qualified to run the Ad show...

I did check 'em in 2017 and they were still elite. Fake news when the defense is hovering in the same vicinity as the Clemson's and the Bama's of the college world. Speaking of 2017, don't see you complaining about the shutdown of Notre Dame, VaTech. I'll give you those QBs, but you're only looking at from short-sided view just to try to prove your point. In each of those games, Miami bottled up the rush-offenses. We were better stopping the run last year, better at defending the pass this year. But the body of work still remained largely the same or improved. The one constant that has remained though, since the Pitt game last year is that the QB play has been horrendous, the punt game puts gives the other team roughly only 60 yards to work with, and our offense can't convert critical downs leaving our defense on the field a majority of the game.

Not saying you're wrong about discounting the Manny hire. But come up with a more substantial complaint than that.
Gave up 10 and 20 play scoring drives against Wisconsin a couple days ago with a back up lacrosse player QB. On the first and 3rd posessions of the game. Gonna blame those on the putrid offense too? Also would like to know what LB development you've seen out of Manny? I can't tell any difference between Quarterman, McCloud or Pinckney as freshman to now.

Yes, that Wisconsin game where on the opening drive of the game (before time of possession came into play) they marched down the field at 10 yards a clip even though we knew it was coming. While Manny's defense was not to blame for most of the year consider our opposition. We play a murder's row of offensive juggernauts. We were average at best and got ***** slapped whenever we played a top offense. Additionally, we let journeyman QBs look like Heisman contenders.

Unless you're content on winning the Coastal once a decade, I'm as concerned about Manny's as much as offense. Perhaps even more so because he has a streak of arrogance and thinks his defense is not an issue.

That 1st drive was horrible. I think Manny adjusted well in the next two quarters, but I also think the defense said f*** it why bother if the offense is gonna act like a JV unit.

I still think we may have got a better coach, but we could've been left at the alter by a number of candidates. Brown, Babers, or Campbell would've been nice, but maybe they wouldn't have come here. Honestly, we're not the four seasons of college football anymore. It's not an attractive job, period. It's a tough expectation to come to. Didn't want Manny at all at first. But I'd take him over Mario, Schiano, or Stoops..

Manny has a few things going for him. He's young, cheap, he's got that fire, he's respected in the local community. I think the losses took a toll on him more than it did on Richt. I hear that Diaz is arrogant but I don't buy it. They all "seem" arrogant. Al, Mark. Even Randy in a quiet stubborn type of way. We've tried the CEO type (Golden), we've tried the local hero (Shannon), we've tried the feel-good hire (Richt).

Gonna roll with El Jefe and I hope he gets this sht done. Let's see who he brings in for his offensive staff.

Gave up 10 and 20 play scoring drives against Wisconsin a couple days ago with a back up lacrosse player QB. On the first and 3rd posessions of the game. Gonna blame those on the putrid offense too? Also would like to know what LB development you've seen out of Manny? I can't tell any difference between Quarterman, McCloud or Pinckney as freshman to now.

Your backup lacross player was 6/11 with a 44 QBR and 73 yards total. Not exactly lighting it up if you asked me.

Agree on the LBs. Good thing he won't be directly involved with developing LBers anymore.

Advertisement
The university of Miami is THE luckiest program on the planet guys. You should all thank your lucky stars

What other organization could field not one, BUT TWO "NATIONWIDE " SEARCHES in the span of ONE MONTH and have not ONE, but TWO results yielded within the SAME ZIP CODE as where your organization currently resides!
thats taking being efficient to levels never reached before.

Your backup lacross player was 6/11 with a 44 QBR and 73 yards total. Not exactly lighting it up if you asked me.

Agree on the LBs. Good thing he won't be directly involved with developing LBers anymore.
That was kind of my point. He knew they were as one dimensional as it gets and still couldn't even remotely come close to stopping them. Anyways my larger point of contention is the staff. I really hate the possibility of keeping Banda and Patke on as D-Cord's. I want the entire thing blown up outside of maybe Dugans and Hartley

That was kind of my point. He knew they were as one dimensional as it gets and still couldn't even remotely come close to stopping them. Anyways my larger point of contention is the staff. I really hate the possibility of keeping Banda and Patke on as D-Cord's. I want the entire thing blown up outside of maybe Dugans and Hartley

The pass game stepped up this year and the run game took a huge step back. I blame this largely on Patke taking over the LBs this year. They looked slow and played worse than last year. I think they took a step up from year 1 to year 2. But year 3 is the worst of all of them. The first two years, they weren't getting the corner turned on them like they were this year. They were out of position one to many times.

I don't mind Banda/Patke keeping those "designations" as long as Diaz is still charting the defense. He really does need to make a few splash hires on the offense though, to relieve some of that pressure and that starts with proven OC.

Advertisement
Maybe not a bad hire but why not spend a couple days to see who is possible. Seriously ******* pick up the phone and call Dino, Wario, Leach, Matt Campbell, BBB, etc. Instead Blake/BOT jumped on the quickest easiest hire there was without even seeing what was possible.
I agree. It will be interesting to know what exactly happened. For all we know, Blake called about Mario, Dino, and Campbell and found out their buyouts were $10 million each or called Butch who told him he had his chance 3 years ago so go pound sand.

That 1st drive was horrible. I think Manny adjusted well in the next two quarters, but I also think the defense said f*** it why bother if the offense is gonna act like a JV unit.

I still think we may have got a better coach, but we could've been left at the alter by a number of candidates. Brown, Babers, or Campbell would've been nice, but maybe they wouldn't have come here. Honestly, we're not the four seasons of college football anymore. It's not an attractive job, period. It's a tough expectation to come to. Didn't want Manny at all at first. But I'd take him over Mario, Schiano, or Stoops..

Manny has a few things going for him. He's young, cheap, he's got that fire, he's respected in the local community. I think the losses took a toll on him more than it did on Richt. I hear that Diaz is arrogant but I don't buy it. They all "seem" arrogant. Al, Mark. Even Randy in a quiet stubborn type of way. We've tried the CEO type (Golden), we've tried the local hero (Shannon), we've tried the feel-good hire (Richt).

Gonna roll with El Jefe and I hope he gets this sht done. Let's see who he brings in for his offensive staff.

Maybe we should try the competent hire.

Maybe those guys may not have come but we didn't even give it a try. Miami's not that hard to win at. Coaches know that. There were rumors flying early in the day that people were reaching out with interest.

But the admin panicked. Blake had a deer in the headlights look at the press conference and said he was blind sided. So they just hired a known commodity, someone they were comfortable with, someone "who communicates well". They just wanted to push it off the back page. And in the process, the administration once again became the laughing stock of college football.

LU at a post earlier where he said the decision process is going to be central. The admin failed miserably. That's what's really troubling about this. How they made this decision publicly made it clear that the program is not one of their priorities. It's a kick in the ballz for anyone who wants better.

We devoted more time to the grad transfer from Butler than searching for a head coach.

I've never understood the rush. Here or anywhere. Get it right. Don't succumb to the list of chic names or easily available names.

A flashy coordinator is not going to cut it. If all of a sudden we are running the spread and hang 70 on some lower level opponent, I know what the threads will look like here: We gave away 5 national championships by not switching to this a decade ago.

It will be Happy Adjuster garbage, per usual.

I emphasized after the Pittsburgh game how laughable it was to watch our seniors run out onto the field and be introduced one by one. It was awful physique after awful physique, especially among the offensive linemen. Then the contrast to Wisconsin was even more dramatic and pathetic than I imagined beforehand. The program obviously has no clue what it is doing in terms of identifying the ideal body type in terms of growth and conditioning.

I am not beholden to results. Results don't mean a **** thing unless the foundational blueprint is sound. We are not going to compete for anything meaningful unless this becomes a markedly bigger stronger and more dedicated team, with each player properly sculpted for the position he plays. If Diaz hires a spread happy guy I'll be convinced he thinks he can do it by cutting corners and not by actually doing the work, just like a blitz happy defense is cutting corners.

I'm willing to watch but that's what I expect. Every time I attend a local high school game it is impossible not to have the same impression, that these teams with loads of fancy athletes think the standard requirements toward football excellence don't apply to them.

Advertisement
Do you think it’s acceptable to hire Diaz before even starting a coaching search?? Without even interviewing one other candidate??
Interesting that when BJ was asked during his interview that Diaz was spotted on campus his reply was. "He's on his own time"

Advertisement

guessing you noticed our offense did absolutely nothing to help Manolo out vs wisky right? What they have done this year in spite of horrible punting and offense is impressive, full stop.

I'm mostly excited about the fact that Manny is an energetic guy who seems to know what it takes at Miami. His staff will give us a big clue about how this will turn out.

The thing that scares me about this whole thing is the recruiting aspect. I've never heard of Manny being a monster or well known recruiter. Are Alabama, Georgia, etc. going to continue to come down here and have their pick of who they want? Can Manny stop that? A big question in my mind.

We’re so close to being dominant. We just need a Hc, a DC, an OC, a QB coach, a QB, multiple OLs and DLs, WRs who can catch, LBs who play like LBU backers, special teams that don’t suck, an S&C program that does it’s job, roster depth, competitiveness, and recruiting momentum. If we had those things, we’d be close.
And, just consider, we were undefeated except for our losses.

Advertisement
Back