Diaz stops Wed. practice at one point for lack of effort, talks McCloud redshirt

View as article
The Disease.

When I was in the Marine Corps, if we had Marines sand-bagging and not pulling their weight, we didn't let the higher ups deal with it. We took care of business in-house. It's time some of these Jersey's with the "C" on it take the dead weight around back of the IPF and "have an understanding". Where are the leaders?
Same way in the Army, we called those blanket parties, this process was to get guys in line. Many of us were tired of the sub-standard performance.

Advertisement
The turnover chain had its run and the Prince Albert rings was jumping the shark. All that gimmick stuff is played out and time to move on.

Yeah. It's time, for the time being, to put that Hollywood showtime crap in the Hurricane closet.

That's a sound reasonable suggestion, but Miami DOESN'T have the quality depth to pull starters, for a few plays, during the game. For example, which offensive line player are you going to put in the game? If Diaz and Enos decide to pull Donaldson and Nelson. Or say Donaldson and Clark.

The same situation goes for a starter in the secondary. Or at defensive tackle.

In other words, there's just no QUALITY depth behind the majority of the starters on either defense or offense. He!!, Miami only has " 75 " players on scholarship, and one could arguably say that TWENTY PERCENT of those players DON'T belong at Miami. Or any other Power 5 program. OUCH.

Yep.

He was a new hc tho. I think before that he was only the hc 1 year at toledo. So he was still learning on the job.
That’s my point we don’t no where manny will end up 4 games in his head coaching career with a team that’s been soft since the Coker t offense if this team had to go to a play what would it be is what this year should be all about figuring out their coaching identities moving forward that was my point in the initial post I made about Saban he had the same defensive identity as manny he just had time to adapt because he was a safe no mistake on offense type of coach at his time there

He’s got to take away the turnover chains, TD rings, stop the dancing and celebrating bull**** on the sidelines.

He’s gotta let go of the idea of Miami football that’s in his head and that is from the past and instill Fundamental, sound football.

Fun should not be allowed when you’re 2-2. He also has to reevaluate the types of players we recruit. Need more Osborne’s on the team. He needs to completely overhaul the program from top to bottom. I don’t know if he knows it but he should now
The chain, rings.....need to be suspended until the team earns the right to celebrate.....means nothing without the right attitude.
If a non Miami fan saw our type of playing in the CM game they would wonder....."why the **** are these guys celebrating after playing like s***?"......
Manny should get hard ***, then let the guys earn back the goodies.....

Advertisement
The chain, rings.....need to be suspended until the team earns the right to celebrate.....means nothing without the right attitude.
If a non Miami fan saw our type of playing in the CM game they would wonder....."why the **** are these guys celebrating after playing like s***?"......
Manny should get hard ***, then let the guys earn back the goodies.....

They should wear the “ turnover toilet seat” with urine and ***** still on it. To match their play.

The players only do what they feel they can get away with.

People have this fervent need to want to attack players, but players play & Coaches coach, the responsibility lies with the coaches to get the players to respect practice & give maximum effort. If guys aren't practicing hard it's because the people responsible for keeping them in line haven't done their job.

You think Saban, Dabo, or Lincoln Riley has to pull teeth to get guys to fall in line & practice hard? No, because those players know if they don't they won't see the field & will be immediately disciplined & replaced.

Our fans think Chidlren are supposed to raise themselves while parents sit back & take credit for it, don't work that way... If your kid is bad, it's because you didn't raise'em right, it's really that simple.

"What you allow, you encourage"

“This class for whatever reason has a lot of guys that can midyear enroll,” Diaz said. “We’re only playing with 76 scholarship players right now, need some fresh reinforcements quickly.”

Are we going to be at full strength next year? Any Juco OL, LB or DB guys we should look at to fill in the gaps. Roster management feels like it has been lacking in recent years.

Anyone who's ever been a part of a team -- good and bad -- knows that coaches will normally do this at least once a season. They may even plan it or save it for a week following a lackluster perfomance on game day.

However, I'm sure the level-headed nature of CIS posters will prevail and nobody will freak out over this.

Advertisement
Man in the old days you would get your *** whooped if you half assed it at practice. Jack

Joaquin, Reed, Luis, Irvin , Vilma, any of those guys would’ve worked your *** for not given 100%.

Where are our dogs at? Where are the guys who don’t care about feelings that want to win? Who are the leaders of this team to hold other kids accountable get in their face and knocked her head around?

This team is a bunch of ******* pussies .want to change the culture take off the gloves and let some of these true dogs take control.

This **** just makes me ****ed and sick to my stomach. This is not the school I graduated from.

I know Trayvon Hill is a " dog. " For instance, I don't recall this poster's " handle, " but he posted that Hill WANTED to get 4- REAL, NASTY in the offensive line's collective faces, but DJ Dallas intervened and STOPPED Hill from going NUCLEAR WAR BALLISTIC on them. :ROFLMAO:

Jarren has a seperated shoulder and is just getting doped up early day. Maybe that's why he seems that way. Lol (clarity sake I mean lidocaine not his other ****)
Tell him to lay off the indica and hit some sativa. That might help his focus.
92d5c1418c0fb7dc3815af827d7f56b9.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
By all the busted coverages in the secondary I wouldn’t be so confident with “ the players aren’t stupid “ comment.

I’ve never seen busted assignments be as common as this year, it’s like breathing air for those kids.
Yet Robert Knowles stays on the field. But nahh. Yall right staff doesnt love Knowles. Lol

Lol coach speak. If guys are being lazy then kick them off the team. You do that and i guarantee the others fall in line.

Its the coachs job to change the kids mindset.

The biggest lack of effort and competitiveness I see is on the OLine. They have no heart, they play lazy, they dont even try to beat the man in front of them. I have seen far too many plays where we have an o-lineman standing around blocking absolutely no one. During the offseason, the only offensive lineman mentioned during strength and conditioning for effort was Nelson. Donaldson after 3 years still walking around with at least 30 lbs of baby fat.

This is every year. It is comically dependable. I have mentioned several times that the most glaring evidence is on Senior Day when the players run out solo and the camera zooms in on them throughout the process. It is amazing how out of shape our offensive linemen are. Starters and also guys who never play.

That's one of the reasons I never pay any attention to the off season hoopla around here. I believe in litmus tests. That Senior Day camerawork is ideal litmus test toward the state of this program.

Advertisement
Yet Robert Knowles stays on the field. But nahh. Yall right staff doesnt love Knowles. Lol
I don’t think there’s a secret that they love knowles.

I mean we have three safeties at this moment lol. Four counting bolden.

The other guy seems to bust coverages but knowles might not, yet he can’t cover anyone because he’s slow as dirt. So damned if ya do, damned if ya don’t.

Hopefully hall keeps playing well and Bolden locks up the other spot. Maybe use Amari in his original role as a blitz guy that plays around the los.

Can’t remember but on one of the plays in the game his arm was hanging . Jarren is a tough kid though no doubt . If I’m a defensive player i would beat the oline *** as he was getting hit and they wasn’t even helping him up

Jarren hurt and Scaife's ankle rolled up on same play...because the DE is able to run right around Zion.

They tried this gimmick at halftime last week against Central Michigan. Instead of returning directly to the sideline the entire team went to the west end zone for sprints and calisthenics. Didn't last long but it was obviously an attempt to wake the team up after the miserable first half.

One coach after another was getting into their faces and screaming, during those drills.

Obviously not a self-motivated group right now. But that can change somewhat quickly if we run off a couple of ACC wins.

As I've emphasized, losing lends to letdowns. The sharp guys taught me that in Las Vegas. They were betting on teams to be stunned after a devastating defeat. The public somehow thought victories led to letdowns.

Once we lost the first two games then naturally the top goals cannot be met. I'm sure some of these kids based on 2017 thought we were much closer than we really are. Once we start out 0-2 for the first time in 40 years I'm not exactly shocked there is some sleepwalking going on.

Advertisement
Back