Diaz stops Wed. practice at one point for lack of effort, talks McCloud redshirt

View as article
Advertisement
It's almost as though we have a lot of people who have never even held down a job, much less played sports at a high level.

Coaches can only work with what they currently have. If the current group has a lazy mentality, you sort that out with recruiting.

You want to see a meltdown? Watch what happens when Diaz follows your theory of disciplining guys who are actually the best at their position with no real answer backing them up.

I think you would be surprised.

What do you think fans would react to more? Losing because you keep playing players that do not give effort in practice or games. or starting 22 Jimmy Murphys that just are not talented enough to win.

i know that if I do not produce, I lose my job. Simple. but my good for nothing brother works for the government where it takes and act of God to get fired. Guess what that environment is like.

...so yes...it seems people have no idea what real accountability is.

He’s got to take away the turnover chains, TD rings, stop the dancing and celebrating bull**** on the sidelines.

He’s gotta let go of the idea of Miami football that’s in his head and that is from the past and instill Fundamental, sound football.

Fun should not be allowed when you’re 2-2. He also has to reevaluate the types of players we recruit. Need more Osborne’s on the team. He needs to completely overhaul the program from top to bottom. I don’t know if he knows it but he should now

Advertisement
He’s got to take away the turnover chains, TD rings, stop the dancing and celebrating bull**** on the sidelines.

He’s gotta let go of the idea of Miami football that’s in his head and that is from the past and instill Fundamental, sound football.

Fun should not be allowed when you’re 2-2. He also has to reevaluate the types of players we recruit. Need more Osborne’s on the team. He needs to completely overhaul the program from top to bottom. I don’t know if he knows it but he should now
I agree, the fake hype on the sideline,td rings looks forced at this point and needs to stop at imo.

But his was the only unit that excelled every week.

I think the point is he knew the players. he knew what he had. There is no excuse for diva behavior 5/6 weeks in. He should have had this all out out of them by now.

It reflects on him if he is just now addressing this issue.

Advertisement
I think you would be surprised.

What do you think fans would react to more? Losing because you keep playing players that do not give effort in practice or games. or starting 22 Jimmy Murphys that just are not talented enough to win.

i know that if I do not produce, I lose my job. Simple. but my good for nothing brother works for the government where it takes and act of God to get fired. Guess what that environment is like.

...so yes...it seems people have no idea what real accountability is.

But real accountability doesn't happen in real time in a football program. You can't "fire" players in midseason. You can go all Nick Saban on them if you want, but you still have to try to win the game.

This has got to be the new norm. Late yes, but no more. He has a bye...beat living **** out of them until they now nothing but discipline.

Look, it is clearly very concerning that after a game like last week, after a bad Wednesday practice last week, that we are still having issues like we did today. Is it possible that it's because they don't respect Manny, or that he doesn't understand how to motivate, etc.? Sure, and if that is the case, we will know that over the course of this season. But, if the argument is that it's on the coaches to get the players motivated (which is certainly true), and in a practice like today's those guys are not working hard enough, don't we want our coaches to do something like we did today? Isn't that what changing the culture is about?

I don't know why or how our players were not prepared to go hard today, but to me, it would be much more concerning to hear that our guys weren't going hard, and not then hear that our coaches tried to shut that attitude down in any way they thought made sense.
Maybe they're reading this board. It's not their fault, "Manny's a corch".

Last edited:
I think the point is he knew the players. he knew what he had. There is no excuse for diva behavior 5/6 weeks in. He should have had this all out out of them by now.

It reflects on him if he is just now addressing this issue.

Good grief.

No matter what happens, no matter what day it is, no matter what Manny does, some of you are going to use the "it's all on him" line against him.

Advertisement
The Disease.

When I was in the Marine Corps, if we had Marines sand-bagging and not pulling their weight, we didn't let the higher ups deal with it. We took care of business in-house. It's time some of these Jersey's with the "C" on it take the dead weight around back of the IPF and "have an understanding". Where are the leaders?
lets just hope nobody orders a code red.

Advertisement
But real accountability doesn't happen in real time in a football program. You can't "fire" players in midseason. You can go all Nick Saban on them if you want, but you still have to try to win the game.

True, but you cannot insulate the coach with the "bad players" card.

You should never have to fire at mid season, it should have been addressed. And this is not one player we are talking about.

Almost every player, professional or otherwise would never win if not for the coaches there pushing, teaching, motivating and leading them along. Even Tom Brady answers to someone and Bill plays no favorites. Brady still gets an *** chewing by Bill even after all these years.

True, but you cannot insulate the coach with the "bad players" card.

You should never have to fire at mid season, it should have been addressed. And this is not one player we are talking about.

Almost every player, professional or otherwise would never win if not for the coaches there pushing, teaching, motivating and leading them along. Even Tom Brady answers to someone and Bill plays no favorites. Brady still gets an *** chewing by Bill even after all these years.

What should have been addressed, and on what date was it obvious that there was a problem?

Advertisement
Back