Diaz on the trail

Advertisement
Elko knows the area well and us Cubans hate having to leave Miami and the cold. Plus also I dont think he would be recruiting Tuesday is they are gonna announce him on Wednesday.

You guys are goofy. He interviewed because he wants the job. He’s waiting to hear from them.

In the meantime, he’s doing the current job he’s being paid handsomely to do. If Temple offers the job he’ll jump on it in a second.

How do people not grasp this? This is a consistent theme in college football.

Advertisement
How do people not grasp this? This is a consistent theme in college football.
Because a lot of them are 18 year old dopes living at their mom’s house who have no clue how the real world operates.

They think he won’t take the Temple job because it’s too cold or it’s a dump or he’ll miss his Cuban sandwiches or he’s UM for life (even though he’s spent all of 3 years of his life at UM).

He interviewed because he wants to be a HC, and that’s a helluva starter job. It’s a big time springboard job.

Because a lot of them are 18 year old dopes living at their mom’s house who have no clue how the real world operates.

They think he won’t take the Temple job because it’s too cold or it’s a dump or he’ll miss his Cuban sandwiches or he’s UM for life (even though he’s spent all of 3 years of his life at UM).

He interviewed because he wants to be a HC, and that’s a helluva starter job. It’s a big time springboard job.

I lived in Florida for most of my life, as well as my current fiance. At some point, the job I was at I hit a ceiling. I work in the tech field where Florida's not the greatest spot for. I found a job in San Antonio and knew it would be a short term move that would end up beneficial in the long term. I had to tell my fiance that we're sacrificing the short term for the long term. That spring boarded me into a better spot in my career and I'm more set up for the long term.

Manny's likely going to hate Philly. But he's going to do that gig for about 3 years, than he'll parlay it (if he's successful) into a Power 5 gig as most of his predecessors have; which includes Al Golden who's one of the worst coaches to ever grace CFB.

Word. Find that in Philly. That city is a dump. There’s a reason the Eagles stadiums have had jails inside them since 1971 or whenever. And **** that weather! Dumb move to go there. In my estimation he’s testing the waters to see if anyone else is calling. In the end I don’t think he’s gonna go.

You sound dumb. The reason for the jails in the stadium are to not tie up the court system come Monday morning, The "jails" are drunk tanks just like every other stadium. With the amount of money he will be paid he can afford plenty of clothes to keep him warm. Why do we act like if you left Coral Gables there isnt Dumps all over the place?

Advertisement
That conference has been a springboard for a ton of coaches the last decade or so. It’s a no brainer for Manny if he gets the offer.

Last edited:
Word is he is their top target. Only way hebstatus is if he turns the job down. Sounds like El Jefe is on his way out. Biggest question is who will Richt go after if/when he leaves.

Advertisement
It's bigtime recruiting fellas. Manny Diaz will be recruiting kids up until he leaves on a flight to be introduced as Temple's next head coach (if the job is offered). It is what it is.

Advertisement
It's bigtime recruiting fellas. Manny Diaz will be recruiting kids up until he leaves on a flight to be introduced as Temple's next head coach (if the job is offered). It is what it is.

He can take the job all he wants if he would just be nice enough to announce it after next Wednesday.

Does anybody think we arent going to replace diaz with another aggressive dc? I dont see us going with anything else as we have to counter balance our passive offense

Diaz is expected at STA today will be interesting to see if he makes it there. Also, Ivins does not believe that recruits will decommit if he leaves except the ones that are already wavering.

This it the time Richt should call up the AD and put his money where is mouth is. You need to pay to keep confident qualified coaches around.

Advertisement
Back