Diaz on the Cusp of returning "Gary Ferman"

Advertisement
They are live on YouTube right now talking about the story and Shodell is killing Ferman for this saying it’s a bs non story lmao. It’s must watch.
Shodell always calls him out on his ****. I'm not sure how there situation works over there but it seems like shodell hated working with Ferman due to his antics

Seems to me that the "telling players he's coming back" factoid would be the easiest to fact-check.

On the other hand, could be a HUGE recruiting smokescreen, particularly with The Gaytor losing recruits at a rapid pace.

How long do you want to be on this train of mediocrity? With this hire, you are hitching your wagons to the guy for a minimum of 3 years. I want Manny gone as much as anyone, but I don't want to just hire a guy because he's "not Manny".

No one wants Manny here.

The BOT already screwed up by not firing Blake in October so this would be a moot point. Don't ***** it up worse by making a bad coaching hire because of the lateness of the AD hire.
Florida fired Dan Mullen after he went 34-15 with 2 10+ win season's and a SEC Championship game appearance last year. Manny is 20-15 with a 6-7 and 7-5 season, if he comes back we're going to look so bad

Advertisement
The Hurricanes have begun a national athletic director search orchestrated by the search firm, Turnkey ZRG. There is no current timeline on the search.

The new AD might still decide he wants a different coach immediately, but that is not likely or expected at the moment

The news of a likely Diaz return has apparently filtered to Diaz himself as he has been telling staffers and players in the past 24 hours that he will be back

The spacing on the homepage is so perfect:

Diaz on cusp of earning another season

unless new AD decides differently

I never realized how much political Pull Manny Diaz Sr has, he's the chair of the Florida Democratic party... I thought he was just an old mayor 15 years ago or something

Florida fired Dan Mullen after he went 34-15 with 2 10+ win season's and a SEC Championship game appearance last year. Manny is 20-15 with a 6-7 and 7-5 season, if he comes back we're going to look so bad
I wouldn’t look at UF as the blueprint..they are chasing the Urban Meyer High..34-15 then fired doesn’t tell the whole story of the decision

Depends on how he finishes. He wins out he won't be the worst coach in college. Once again the question is, is the cost of said new coach worth the cost to acquire him right now. And is he the coach that will take us there.

There could be smart financial and professional reasons to let Manny run it back for one more year. And forget recruiting. The portal will fill in the gaps that recruiting misses. Look at Rambo. Love Manny or hate him he works the portal like a pimp.
No it does not depend on how he finishes. What? Losing to a bad FSU and then beating two of the worst teams in the ACC.. this excites you?? Manny's body of work is horrific. What is it with you Manny apologists? I just can't wrap my head around the fact that some people don't recognize what a mediocre coach he is. Pre-season pick to finish 2nd in the ACC and now we are giddy over a 7-5 season. Working the "portal like a pimp" is not what UM needs right now. We need a real coach. This is embarrassing and pathetic. I would be officially done with this program if they bring back that nerd.

Advertisement
Depends on how he finishes. He wins out he won't be the worst coach in college. Once again the question is, is the cost of said new coach worth the cost to acquire him right now. And is he the coach that will take us there.

There could be smart financial and professional reasons to let Manny run it back for one more year. And forget recruiting. The portal will fill in the gaps that recruiting misses. Look at Rambo. Love Manny or hate him he works the portal like a pimp.
Laugh Lol GIF

No it does not depend on how he finishes. What? Losing to a bad FSU and then beating two of the worst teams in the ACC.. this excites you?? Manny's body of work is horrific. What is it with you Manny apologists? I just can't wrap my head around the fact that some people don't recognize what a mediocre coach he is. Pre-season pick to finish 2nd in the ACC and now we are giddy over a 7-5 season. Working the "portal like a pimp" is not what UM needs right now. We need a real coach. This is embarrassing and pathetic. I would be officially done with this program if they bring back that nerd.
Man look..it was downhill before manny got here. 3 years at the HC position doesn’t negates the ineptitude of the previous 15 plus before he got here..But he’s not a elite guy as of now.. We all knew that then. And if we have a shot Mario etc you pull the plug on manny..but I also don’t believe in change for change sake..if you can get a experienced guy whose got a track record of sustained succes..u pull the plug. But u better have that guy..

Man look..it was downhill before manny got here. 3 years at the HC position doesn’t negates the ineptitude of the previous 15 plus before he got here..But he’s not a elite guy as of now.. We all knew that then. And if we have a shot Mario etc you pull the plug on manny..but I also don’t believe in change for change sake..if you can get a experienced guy whose got a track record of sustained succes..u pull the plug. But u better have that guy..
Sorry but Mark Richt was not driving us downhill. He put us on even ground. He was better than Golden and he was better than Manny. He was far from perfect and his neurological condition unfortunately was likely a factor during his last year at UM but he was 10x the coach that Diaz is even then. I don't believe in making a change for the sake of making a change either but keeping a sub-standard unqualified coach around because you're afraid that your next hire won't be any better is madness and is literally the formula for sustaining mediocrity. Not to mention that you actually have to do your due diligence when hiring a coach which of course was not done prior to hiring Manny.

I never realized how much political Pull Manny Diaz Sr has, he's the chair of the Florida Democratic party... I thought he was just an old mayor 15 years ago or something
The Florida Democratic Party is a feckless corpse that can't even muster up candidates to fill open seats and has been wiped out of the house and senate. Him being the leader doesn't mean anything. He's a rich guy w contacts but there are plenty of them around.

Advertisement
Sorry but Mark Richt was not driving us downhill. He put us on even ground. He was better than Golden and he was better than Manny. He was far from perfect and his neurological condition unfortunately was likely a factor during his last year at UM but he was 10x the coach that Diaz is even then. I don't believe in making a change for the sake of making a change either but keeping a sub-standard unqualified coach around because you're afraid that your next hire won't be any better is madness and is literally the formula for sustaining mediocrity. Not to mention that you actually have to do your due diligence when hiring a coach which of course was not done prior to hiring Manny.
He went 7-6 that last szn..Ppl here wanted him out. The health issues came out of know where…what Diaz took over on the oline was on Richt..the way that QB room was behaving and culture is on Richt..the wide WR being so bad that a kid from Buffalo and day one was the most dependable guy and productive and is in the league now…that is also on MR. The ONLY part of 16-18 that was a bright spot was the DEFENSE. The D was why finished 16 strong and won that bowl..out O in that game started out terribly. The D got key TOs to get us going..the D in 17 was the rzn why we started 11-0 and was in the playoff mix..the offense during that period was the issue.

MR got to Miami at a bad time for him health wise. I think he could’ve been a decent coach of that wasn’t a issue. But it was. And maybe that’s why he seemed to struggle and the offense regressed drastically. But it does replace the fact we trended down hill in 2018..getting blown out by LSU. Losing in the bowl. Losing at UVA And BC

That said I agree with your conclusion at the bottom about due diligence. Personally, I think it was tough timetable to manage because the mr issue was a surprise to everyone including UM. But I agree we have to be diligent and get this right. I just don’t want to SETTLE for a plan C just for change sake..this szn has been a disappointment. We loss a lot of close games. A game like MSU that changes on a dropped pass..and a opening play strip sack..then king goes down and we suffer close losses due to a RS freshman QB having bad starts..this team has also beaten 2 ranked teams in NC st and pitt. This team has a chance to go 8-5 (very mediocre)..but past Miami teams would’ve absolutely fallen apart..this team hasn’t done that. That’s a plus by this staff and it’s why Guys like herbie and Dez have given Miami praises after the statements they made earlier in the year..so if they finish 5-1 down the stretch…Accepting a Plan C candidate is a no for me…Bring in Mario or guys who are proven to success in the P5 I’m with that

Being the Chair of the Florida "Democratic" Party means Absolutely Nothing....especially with the Fine job that F-ing Bozo is doing in Washington...

Again, no one is saying Manny is wanted or deserves to come back. However, the AD needs to be in place before a new coach can be hired. They BOT screwed up by not firing James last month so they could have their new AD in place. It is putting an unnecessary time crunch on both the AD hire and may do the same for the coaching hire.

If they don't hire an AD this week, the Canes may miss out on who they want for coach next week as they will be going fast. IF that should come to fruition, do you just want to hire some 2nd tier candidate that you are locked into for 3 years minimum?

Advertisement
I do find it interesting that none of the insiders have posted in this thread. This tells me that this is too ridiculous to even respond to or it has more legs than we all want it to. Really hoping it’s the first.

Advertisement
Back