Diaz now a candidate for TEMPLE

Diaz wouldn’t go to Temple. That’s a burial ground.

Absurd. That team plays smart hard nosed football every year. Absolutely ruthless if they have you outmanned. A few years ago they toyed with Cincinnati on the road just a few weeks before we went in there on Thursday night and got pushed around. Temple nearly defeated Notre Dame the same season.

I was surprised when they lost the bowl game to a soft Wake Forest team a couple of years ago. That Temple team had Hasson Reddick and a very good defense. Defense fell off in 2017 but back to prior level this season, other than a few games.

Maryland opened this season by upsetting Texas, then a couple of weeks later Temple went to Maryland as 15.5 point underdog and won by three touchdowns.

As the Temple fan posted, I think fans here have some nutcase leftover impression of Temple from two or three decades ago. During the '90s when I was in Las Vegas the Temple team was lucky to win more than 1 or 2 games per season. I remember a stretch of two or three consecutive seasons early that decade in which they were the worst pointspread team in the country.

Advertisement
Its up to the next coach to hire who he wants, if he wants to keep him its up to him. I wouldnt force the next candidate to keep him that would be retarded, u already hand cuff the new HC by making ultimatums. Randy was a "miami guy" fielded a elite defense with 100 draft picks (which Davis takes all the credit for me then and now) and he was so Miami, he was the bagman he was african american. And he proceeded to suck, to take names off jerseys like it would help AJ Highsmith turn into Sean Taylor..................the only way Highsmith becomes a first rounder is if he wasnt Highsmith. Randy could not recruit period and all the coaches have suffered because of this.

My best case scenario wipe it clean, start over bring in a real guru a smart savage from a good coaching tree. Throw every resource he needs and give him total control. I want him to be a monster on the trail and a not give a fuq attitude. Whoever that guy is (I dont know who he is) thats who I want

I like you. You make sense. We can’t keep firing everyone without a plan.

Richt sucks hard. Diaz is a great coordinator. We need to remedy those two things. That involves some planning. There needs to be an idea beyond “rejoice when we rid ourselves of this dud.”

It's really simple: PAY. HIM.

He deserved it.

Anyway, my two cents: Temple is not a bad job but there will be many Temple job type open next year and the year after that. It's not a once in a lifetime occasion by any means IMHO, but who knows.

The timing for us couldn't be worse for an hypothetical coordinator loss:
- Biggest recruiting weekend of the year coming;
- Early signing period coming;
- Begin of the dead period (CMR and other coaches couldn't go visit the commits and assure them that we will be ok without Manny);
- How many assistants could he takes with him?
- Another not good looking move out of Coral Gables;

Btw, some names to throw speaking about a new DC (pipe dream mostly):
- Jim Leavitt
- Alex Grinch
- Jim Leonhard
- Bob Shoop

But unfortunately I have a feeling we will end up with a more familiar name (Randy?)

Ok. Manny, please, do not leave!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like you. You make sense. We can’t keep firing everyone without a plan.

Richt sucks hard. Diaz is a great coordinator. We need to remedy those two things. That involves some planning. There needs to be an idea beyond “rejoice when we rid ourselves of this dud.”
I really wouldnt even know how to fix the situation its that bad, I have no answers because the people up top are worried about gender BS and other retarded things rather them the bread and butter that made them known. I really dont see a fix and expect UM to be this new UM, a middle of the road football program.

Advertisement
They need to clarify ASAP if he's not going to take the job or teams will start to look at our defensive commits.

I can’t see Diaz going to Temple, but I can see him using the offer to get a pay raise here at the U and probably some other guarantees for his future here.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good for diaz if he got a head coaching job. Would be very interested to see who we hired. Just a year ago some of y’all wanted Diaz gone. It would hurt recruiting but we could recover

Rumor is Manny wasn't impressed when taken to Geno's for a cheesesteak last night.

Update: Manny has told sources close to the program Cheesesteak no bueno compared to Cuban Sandwich. I think he stays at Miami.

Last edited:
Good for diaz if he got a head coaching job. Would be very interested to see who we hired. Just a year ago some of y’all wanted Diaz gone. It would hurt recruiting but we could recover

Hurt recruiting? We won’t have anyone to sign next week.

They must keep him, it’s too late now for a coordinator change.

philly cheesesteak vs. pan con bistec. who you got?

th
th

Advertisement
Back