Diaz now a candidate for TEMPLE

Advertisement
this reminds me of the threads regarding whether a junior football will declare for the draft and everyone saying he won't, but they always do.

same with the coaches. manny is gone if he is offered the job AND a 2 million dollar pay raise.

Temple paying $3 million. LOL. Some are very misinformed about the salaries of college football coaches; everyone is not making $4mil +.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Some recent contracts.
- Les Miles - Kansas - $2.76 Million
- Chris Klieman - KS ST - $2.3 Million (was a winning machine at ND St.)
- Mack Brown - UNC - $3.5 Milion (Fuentes and Richt basically gave their ACC counterparts the argument for a pay raise by failing spectacularly making $4Million +)
- Walt Bell - UMASS - $625,000/yr

Actually the above scenario doesn't always mean squat...Radio shows, endorsements you name it sometimes add up to big $$. Depends on what other local opportunities are involved in the deal.

I originally put this in the wrong chat:

Keep in mind that PA has State taxes and Florida does not.

Not sure how much Manny makes here but let's just say it's 1 million, please let me know if he makes more.
This comes out to be 38,461.54 a check on a biweekly basis with the taxes being 15,742.62 . His Net Pay is 22,708

If he were to receive 3 million from Temple, he would earn 115,386 a check with taxes being near 55K for a net pay of 60,800 every two weeks
I believe that Philadelphia has a city wage tax also.

Advertisement
You know what’s a great opportunity? Richt hiring a modern day OC and coupling it with a top 10 defense. Contend for the ACC, maybe a playoff berth in the next couple years and then he doesn’t have to settle for a HC at ******* Temple!

He'd still likely not end up with a P5 coaching job. If he wants to be a HC then this is a great opportunity. The last several Temple HC's all stepped in to a P5 position and the important thing is that they learned how to be a HC in a low pressure enviornment

He'd still likely not end up with a P5 coaching job. If he wants to be a HC then this is a great opportunity. The last several Temple HC's all stepped in to a P5 position and the important thing is that they learned how to be a HC in a low pressure enviornment

Pressure is relative, but we were disappointed to win only 7 last year, and most of us feel that Collins underachieved this year winning only 8. You aren't going to get fired for winning under 9 a year, but we expect to compete for conference championships.

Pressure is relative, but we were disappointed to win only 7 last year, and most of us feel that Collins underachieved this year winning only 8. You aren't going to get fired for winning under 9 a year, but we expect to compete for conference championships.

He "underachieved" his way right into a Power 5 head coaching job. Which is kind of the point being made in this thread.

Advertisement

And he won’t have to deal with carrying a **** bag of an offense on his back any longer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unless he truly hates Richt (and I wouldn't blame him if that were the case), I don't think he will take this job. Temple is just a stepping stone to a P5 job which I think he will eventually get if he continues to field top 10 defenses at Miami. I think it will take a better opportunity to pry him away from his hometown. Just my opinion.

I originally put this in the wrong chat:

Keep in mind that PA has State taxes and Florida does not.

Not sure how much Manny makes here but let's just say it's 1 million, please let me know if he makes more.
This comes out to be 38,461.54 a check on a biweekly basis with the taxes being 15,742.62 . His Net Pay is 22,708

If he were to receive 3 million from Temple, he would earn 115,386 a check with taxes being near 55K for a net pay of 60,800 every two weeks

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here.

Just giving the folks an idea about how his financial status will change by taking a job specifically in the state of Pennsylvania. The fact that the State of Florida does not have State or Local taxes could be just one of the few reasons why he may stay.

Advertisement
Back