Diaz Job is on the line this week

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it’s safe to say at this point

Unfortunately if he loses No it's not....and I really want him gone.

I've accepted reality and understand STUPID.

Those making the decision are STUPID so I know and accept the fact that they're not going to do anything anytime soon.

Currently, Miami IS NOT operating on a merit or performance basis for its coaches.

So, sit back, line up a couple of Chivas shots, smoke em if you got em, smash/break proof your viewing area, CHILL and for now just keep watching Manny do what Manny does.

Advertisement
He’s not gonna get canned but we lose and I think this season is gonna go in the tank like 5-6 losses and then he’s a goner..
I have a feeling there is some unhappy campers in the locker room rn

"Alot of people thought that they would play (Alabama) better, and so did I, but they came out of the gate like they weren't even into the game"

I try to stay objective, I praise when I see something to compliment, I gripe when something deservedly should be called out.

We're in year 6 with manual (its 6 years, I dont care) and in the biggest game of every single ****** person in this programs career thus far, THIS is the perception of it.

Nauseating.

I think we fans think about and worry about the team more than manny diaz does. And that's not really a good thing.

But no-manny's job is not on the line during the msu game.

Advertisement
As far as fans are concerned, sure.

As far as the administration is concerned, no chance.

His team can lose this week, pummel Central Connecticut next week and will feel like they're back on track at 2-2 going into Virginia week—same way they thought the were hot **** after stealing one at Pitt and pounding bad Florida State and Louisville teams, before no-showing for FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech.

This program's psyche under Diaz is the problem; all the buzzwords and key phrases after losses (and posting pictures of themselves on social media making a play in a game they lost).

The let the Alabama game roll off their back and showed up ill prepared for Appalachian State. If they beat Michigan State, they'll think all is good again—and if they lose, they'll have some bag of excuses as to why and will write some quotes about "hustle", "grit", "hard work" or "the process" on their social media, again with photos of one play they made in the game.

This team doesn't have the will needed to play a solid enough season to win a Coastal title and to reach the ACC Championship game—or if they do, they aren't doing a good job putting it on display.

15-11 in two plus seasons under Manny—with no reason to think these guys are going to turn a corner anytime soon. (That doesn't mean they won't get a few wins this season—it means they're not going to buckle in and to play the kind of consistent football needed to truly compete for a division title.)
There is such a huge disconnect between the fans and the administration. Blake's job should be on the line this weekend but it probably isn't.

Do not set yourself up for a firing after game 3 of year 3 of Manny as a head coach. It does not matter that he was the DC for 3 years. A head coach will always be given 3 years at UM and almost every school not named FSU which is in WORSE shape now than with Willie, hard as that may be to believe. Also, firing a coach early in the season looks like an emotional decision as it provides no advantage towards hiring a new coach. So be as emotional as you want but logic and process will dictate that Diaz will be the head coach at least until very late in the season.

Golden was fired in-season but near the end of the season. Helton was fired in his 6th year and most non-fans were critical of the timing of the firing with the general attitude of, 'if you knew he was bad why not fire him in the off season and have an actual plan'. IMO, the USC firing puts pressure on Diaz but not so much so that he has to win Saturday. And in all honesty I expect us to lose Saturday as MSU has bad coaching, but we have bad coaching and a quarterback who seems lost right now, we are without our best running back and only good linebacker, and we can't stop the run and MSU runs well.

So I'm as ****ed off as everyone else and want Diaz gone as well. I'm just injecting some honest, sobering opinion into this thread.

Advertisement
it will in the sense that losing this game will set the rest of the season into a spiral of losses, lose most of the fan base, and kill attendance more than it already is...

Advertisement
Back