Diaz is younger version of Swinney, Saban, Urban Meyer

Advertisement
This thread is an example of how u can hate something and love something at the same time....

Love the comparisons but he has yet to coach or win a single game. Building him up so far so early is dangerous to him as it drives expectations so high so fast that its almost impossible to match them. Hope folks give him time to develop as a game day head coach as that takes time.
Let's take it one game at a time!

Advertisement
"When longtime recruiting guru Tom Lemming was in South Florida recently to watch Manny Diaz run his first junior day as UM’s head coach, one thought kept coming to mind:

'He is a young version of Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban and Urban Meyer,” Lemming said of perhaps the three most successful college football coaches of the 21st century.'"

Isnt he older than dabo

I don't recall Dabo, Urban, or Satan ever firing a shot across the bow of anyone the way Diaz did this weekend.

That said, I'd really like to get the season going so we see some results.

Yeah Lemming’s crowning of Golden as the next come up was WAY off base. Let’s pray he hasn’t jinxed Manolo before he even coaches a game. Maybe he feels if he keeps calling it that one day he’ll be right. And with the short attention span of most, he’ll be crowned as the one who saw it first.

I too am cautiously optimistic about Manny and what he can do with the team. If he can maintain on the defensive side of the house while improving the offensive side up to just Top 50, we’re rolling with that schedule.

Advertisement
I’m gonna enjoy the positives after a year of popping uppers to combat the depression and mind numbing offense, excuses, and stubbornness.

Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because I’m not an idiot and know we will assuredly will need to employ an effective 2 minute drill at some point. You know, like in every other season.

You are an idiot if you didn't recognize the sarcasm of my post.

Why the **** is anyone listening to this guy. This actually makes me more worried that Diaz is not the guy.
Well he was great in The Blind Side when he played a recruiting guy who knew something.

Advertisement
He’s gotta win before I can feel good or appreciate the insane amount of positive momentum because I won’t be able to take it if he fails and one of the ***** with no life digs up a three year old thread where I was happy about the new energy and positivity around the program.

I need to be be dour and matronly because that’s the safe way. So, please stop posting these insanely positive articles about UM because momentum means nothing at all when it comes to recruiting and building a program.

Amen. These mother****ers must live a sad existence.

Love the comparisons but he has yet to coach or win a single game. Building him up so far so early is dangerous to him as it drives expectations so high so fast that its almost impossible to match them. Hope folks give him time to develop as a game day head coach as that takes time.
You know some of these fans lose an early game or two regular season games they'll be screaming for banners to fly calling him a bum.those fans better be careful mannys not the type to take that lying down.those better not answer the doorbell .they might not like the event that follows when they open the door.

Advertisement
He’ll go down as the greatest and winningest coach in history.

Ok I don’t have a clue but if I’m right I’m deleting this sentence and bumping this thread once a week for life.

Last edited:
Lemming and respected have rarely been used in the same sentence. It is nice to hear some more positive news though.

One of these days he'll be right and he'll be able to say he told you so.

Advertisement
Back