Diaz is younger version of Swinney, Saban, Urban Meyer

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium
"When longtime recruiting guru Tom Lemming was in South Florida recently to watch Manny Diaz run his first junior day as UM’s head coach, one thought kept coming to mind:

'He is a young version of Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban and Urban Meyer,” Lemming said of perhaps the three most successful college football coaches of the 21st century.'"

Advertisement
Feels good to have the off season National Championship locked up before March.

Advertisement
"When longtime recruiting guru Tom Lemming was in South Florida recently to watch Manny Diaz run his first junior day as UM’s head coach, one thought kept coming to mind:

'He is a young version of Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban and Urban Meyer,” Lemming said of perhaps the three most successful college football coaches of the 21st century.'"

So, basically, he's a young bible thumping, domestic assault condoning autocratic despot....

Aside from the X's and O's, I want to see us effectively run a 2 minute drill. My God, how often did Richt coach a 2 minute drill as though there were 10 minutes left in the game? And I want to see Manny close with high school players like he closed with transfers in the portal.

Advertisement
Love the comparisons but he has yet to coach or win a single game. Building him up so far so early is dangerous to him as it drives expectations so high so fast that its almost impossible to match them. Hope folks give him time to develop as a game day head coach as that takes time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s gotta win before I can feel good or appreciate the insane amount of positive momentum because I won’t be able to take it if he fails and one of the ***** with no life digs up a three year old thread where I was happy about the new energy and positivity around the program.

I need to be be dour and matronly because that’s the safe way. So, please stop posting these insanely positive articles about UM because momentum means nothing at all when it comes to recruiting and building a program.

He’s gotta win before I can feel good or appreciate the insane amount of positive momentum because I won’t be able to take it if he fails and one of the ***** with no life digs up a three year old thread where I was happy about the new energy and positivity around the program.

I need to be be dour and matronly because that’s the safe way. So, please stop posting these insanely positive articles about UM because momentum means nothing at all when it comes to recruiting and building a program.
Come 'Chise, You can say it. You feel it, like the rest of us do. It is time for The U to return. God knows, we are due.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back