Diaz has some thoughts

They all made a mistake. I can imagine exactly what Ariz was feeding them. The same crap that reeled in 90% of this board... #Jobe

Advertisement
They all made a mistake. I can imagine exactly what Ariz was feeding them. The same crap that reeled in 90% of this board... #Jobe

Underrated post!

Dude spent years selling grown men on the prospects of getting recruits that were NEVER coming to Miami.

Yet, those same grown men are confused on how he could convince 2 college players to stop playing “for free”, and that he can get them paid.

Just like recruiting ... The draft is fluid. And sometimes, GMs change their mind :jordan:

seriously you guys that honestly think RJ McIntosh was going to improve his draft stock next year are ridiculous.
Dude had elite TFL production while here, but ultimately tested terribly at the pro day and didn't even do anything at the combine due to Thyroid health issues - not something that combing back another year were gunna fix. Secondly he would then be competing with Gerald Willis for snaps. potentially cutting his snap count in half or something - certainly not going to help his draft stock. Lastly, next years DT class is ******* loaded. Theres like 4 DTs that could be 1st round talents: Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Rashan Gary are all guys that are 1st round talents. Then its pretty deep as well. This dt class this yr was seen as semi-weak.

McIntosh made a solid decision to leave early, as far as his NFL draft prospects. Norton obviously made a bad choice.

You like over-complicating things, huh?

He absolutely had potential to be better than Round 5. LMFAO.

So Norton is getting a $75K signing bonus. After taxes, agent fees, attorney fees, training for the draft, miscellaneous fees, he maybe walks away with $25 - $30K net. Yup, makes sense to leave early for that.

So in essence Pete and First Round Management used Norton to pocket a maximum of $2250 guaranteed money?? What dbags

Advertisement
I agree with you bro. I was just playing, but for real they need to get those players like Norton, Kaaya, Streeter, Yearby, etc. to come back and talk to these guys and explain how badly they wish they could come back and play another year. When Richt and Diaz tell them to comeback they probably figure he is trying to BS them to come back so his team could do better not to boost their draft stock, but if one of their boys who they played with for years gets in their ear it might make them stay.
Didn't the NFL start a program in the last several years to educate players about finances? This may be a good idea for college Juniors and Seniors. Incorporate the risks and rewards of EE into the draft, etc. I've read where some schools do this already and bringing in former players and their experiences would be a tremendous asset as OGH mentioned.

Didn't the NFL start a program in the last several years to educate players about finances? This may be a good idea for college Juniors and Seniors. Incorporate the risks and rewards of EE into the draft, etc. I've read where some schools do this already and bringing in former players and their experiences would be a tremendous asset as OGH mentioned.

Yup the NFL did start up that program a few years ago. I think it would be a great idea to institute something like that for the college players.

At a bare minimum he probably would've more than doubled his signing bonus up to 760k, if he went at the end of the 3rd round. If he were to climb to mid 2nd round he would've had around 2.5 mil guaranteed. Another productive year and there's no way he slips past there, and would've had another year to get bigger and stronger, his biggest negatives.
bruh the question isn't whether getting drafted earlier gets him more ******* money. No **** thats true.
The point is he had all-pro level tfl production while here. But athletically he's terrible. That wasn't going to change with an additional year here. Maybe he could have got a little stronger - maybe.. There is literally no chance in **** he would have worked his way into the 2nd round, so anyone saying that needs to stop right ******* now.. Maybe he could have worked his way into the 4th round. But acting like hes guaranteeed to go higher than the 5th is bull****. Its just as likely that his 25-50% reduction in snaps would have hurt him even more and pushed him into the 6th or 7th.
"no way he slips past the 3rd" come on bruh. Can we all face the facts here and admit that as an NFL prospect for the draft, McIntosh just wasn't all that elite.

Advertisement
This is a clown post. Jesus. Mcintosh would have easily been a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year. The differences between 2-3rd round money and 5th round money, as well as the odds of even having a ******* job which drop catastrophically once you slip into the 5th round, make it obvious to everyone with a brain cell except you that Mcintosh ****ed up.
you're retarded. "easily been a 2nd or 3rd". Lol smdh and you're calling me dum you headass

You like over-complicating things, huh?

He absolutely had potential to be better than Round 5. LMFAO.
potential to be better? yes.
What are the odds though? Is it worth giving up that year in the NFL to develop and get to the second contract faster? Imo - no.

If we didn't have Willis, I'd agree with all you idiots. But we do.

Not really when you think how rounds 1 and 2 are guaranteed contracts... Think about it...
Um what does that have to do with what we were talking about? The original guy said that 65 pct of the league comes from day 3 prompting my above response .

Anyone else have this reaction to the tweet:

"Worry less about who left early, and worry more about getting the team off the field on third down"

Advertisement
bruh the question isn't whether getting drafted earlier gets him more ******* money. No **** thats true.
The point is he had all-pro level tfl production while here. But athletically he's terrible. That wasn't going to change with an additional year here. Maybe he could have got a little stronger - maybe.. There is literally no chance in **** he would have worked his way into the 2nd round, so anyone saying that needs to stop right ******* now.. Maybe he could have worked his way into the 4th round. But acting like hes guaranteeed to go higher than the 5th is bull****. Its just as likely that his 25-50% reduction in snaps would have hurt him even more and pushed him into the 6th or 7th.
"no way he slips past the 3rd" come on bruh. Can we all face the facts here and admit that as an NFL prospect for the draft, McIntosh just wasn't all that elite.
I respect your opinion but I disagree. He may have tested poorly but he’s much quicker on film than what his testing number showed. I think his biggest shortcoming is strength which at 21-22 years old he can definitely still improve and he could’ve added some more weight. Outside of Miami fans, nobody knew who he was coming into the year and he had no buzz, Norton was considered better than him by most. Another year with hype going into the season absolutely could’ve changed things for him.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. He may have tested poorly but he’s much quicker on film than what his testing number showed. I think his biggest shortcoming is strength which at 21-22 years old he can definitely still improve and he could’ve added some more weight. Outside of Miami fans, nobody knew who he was coming into the year and he had no buzz, Norton was considered better than him by most. Another year with hype going into the season absolutely could’ve changed things for him.

Exactly

Advertisement
lose 25-50% of his snaps. you talk about "hype" but the scouts know who he is dude. Hype dont affect **** but the media
Again his past 2 seasons of production put him at an all-pro level analytically in terms of TFLs. he didn't get too many sacks though, and his athleticism was just plain atrocious.

Look i'm not saying I don't really like McIntosh or think he'll be successful, or that it'd be impossible for him to reach the 3rd/4th and make more money. but to act like it's a guarantee and that it isn't risky as **** is wrong. He was ******* 2 picks away from being a 4th rounder anyways. And I'm telling you for a fact next years DT class is ******* loaded.

McIntosh did not make a mistake declaring early. I think it was in his best interest to. Norton ****ed up though without a doubt.

lose 25-50% of his snaps. you talk about "hype" but the scouts know who he is dude. Hype dont affect **** but the media
Again his past 2 seasons of production put him at an all-pro level analytically in terms of TFLs. he didn't get too many sacks though, and his athleticism was just plain atrocious.

Look i'm not saying I don't really like McIntosh or think he'll be successful, or that it'd be impossible for him to reach the 3rd/4th and make more money. but to act like it's a guarantee and that it isn't risky as **** is wrong. He was ******* 2 picks away from being a 4th rounder anyways. And I'm telling you for a fact next years DT class is ******* loaded.

McIntosh did not make a mistake declaring early. I think it was in his best interest to. Norton ****ed up though without a doubt.

Coming out early as a true JR DT to get into the 5th round is colossally stupid. And you're even dumber for thinking otherwise. Every man on earth can see that it was stupid, yet here you. Christ dude.

Advertisement
Back