Diaz and his blitzes

Through 3.75 quarters his 1 and 2nd team defenses let up, like 6 yards. Can you guys STFU with Diaz. He's not perfect, but his defenses are the best we've had in 10+ years and I cannot recall a game where they were the sole culprit we lost. You can't say the same about the **** shows before him. Dalvin Cook tripped over the Virginia TE.

Advertisement
There is absolutely no way the below was a designed blitz to include the OLB, DB and Safety ALL from the same side of the field. Zero chance. Not sure if anyone asked about it in the presser, but that appears to be a miscommunication between the DB and his supporting safety.

blitz.JPG

There is absolutely no way the below was a designed blitz to include the OLB, DB and Safety ALL from the same side of the field. Zero chance. Not sure if anyone asked about it in the presser, but that appears to be a miscommunication between the DB and his supporting safety.

View attachment 64561
Ya’ll are truly ridiculous, as this poster mentions, if you think anything other than this play being some massive miscommunication between the Safety and the Corner. One of them was most definitely not supposed to blitz. I’m gonna guess the Safety from how I saw the fallout after the play, but hard to tell from seats.

There are things to ***** about, but the gripes about this play are simply absurd. Though not surprising. This board esta depinga with the repeating of superficial complaints.

Advertisement
Ya’ll are truly ridiculous, as this poster mentions, if you think anything other than this play being some massive miscommunication between the Safety and the Corner. One of them was most definitely not supposed to blitz. I’m gonna guess the Safety from how I saw the fallout after the play, but hard to tell from seats.

There are things to ***** about, but the gripes about this play are simply absurd. Though not surprising. This board esta depinga with the repeating of superficial complaints.

Which is why you play young players in games like this, because these mistakes are inconsequential to the rest of your season. It's funny how these idiots scream and yell for young players to get the game, but can't comprehend that they can make mistakes too.

View attachment 64561

Shocking that "Big Play" Knowles was possibly the one ******* up.

Regardless, why is he literally 12 yds away from the QB with the ball in his hands and just starting his blitz?

Yeah I’m no expert but it appears that he does some weird **** sometimes
I told y’all last year. The issue here ain’t talent, we have that. Guy literally tries to play chess with himself and wants to be the first guy to do this or that.

It’s alright though. We’ll probably field another Top 30 D, he’ll be hired to coach somebody and be fool’s gold, and we then can go grab somebody like Alex Grinch at OSU or Danny Gonzales from ASU.

Advertisement
I told y’all last year. The issue here ain’t talent, we have that. Guy literally tries to play chess with himself and wants to be the first guy to do this or that.

It’s alright though. We’ll probably field another Top 30 D, he’ll be hired to coach somebody and be fool’s gold, and we then can go grab somebody like Alex Grinch at OSU or Danny Gonzales from ASU.

there are times when I feel UM is just better off bringing 4 upfront and dropping 7, ala Sonny Lubick and Greg McMackin(sp?) and letting the athletes just play, but Manny has to be Bobby Fischer out there

there are times when I feel UM is just better off bringing 4 upfront and dropping 7, ala Sonny Lubick and Greg McMackin(sp?) and letting the athletes just play, but Manny has to be Bobby Fischer out there
And that’s what frustrates me about him. Sometimes the best game plan is taking something away and letting them play. He did that against ND but then we have games like UVA when he’s trying to out smart the other guy.

And that’s what frustrates me about him. Sometimes the best game plan is taking something away and letting them play. He did that against ND but then we have games like UVA when he’s trying to out smart the other guy.

And lets give Manny and his unit their due, they were dominant today when it mattered. But there are times when he absolutely out-thinks himself. But I do know this, historically the best Miami defenses were relatively simple and sound in concept and let athletes play freely and didn't over-complicate matters

What exactly do you find ‘dumb,’ @John77?

Advertisement
Aside from this miscommunication, I had no "complaints" about the defense today. Like I said earlier, they dominated everywhere. I don't think it's absurd to question this play though.

Someone should absolutely be held accountable in some sense for this play. I'm not saying heads should roll, because that's ridiculous, but to say that people shouldn't complain and it's absurd is saying we shouldn't hold them to a higher standard. This was clearly a gaffe, and as fans we're going to question what happened. Some people just gripe too aggressively perhaps. I know I'll probably gripe if I don't see more N'kosi on Thursday night lol.

Aside from this miscommunication, I had no "complaints" about the defense today. Like I said earlier, they dominated everywhere. I don't think it's absurd to question this play though.

Someone should absolutely be held accountable in some sense for this play. I'm not saying heads should roll, because that's ridiculous, but to say that people shouldn't complain and it's absurd is saying we shouldn't hold them to a higher standard. This was clearly a gaffe, and as fans we're going to question what happened. Some people just gripe too aggressively perhaps. I know I'll probably gripe if I don't see more N'kosi on Thursday night lol.
It’s absurd to complain about a ‘bad blitz call’ when I dont think there is a blitz on earth that has every coverage defender on one side of the field rushing the passer. It’s pretty obviously a breakdown rather than a design flaw. Failing to note that seems absurd.

Of course someone is at fault when a receiver is left 100% uncovered on the field. Of course someone should be held accountable. Of course Diaz makes some questionable blitz calls we have all seen. This one, however, isn’t a good example.

Yeah I’m no expert but it appears that he does some weird **** sometimes

One play I saw him run our DT way out tonset the edge I guess so he could blitz a LB in that gap. So pointless cause it took Willis out of the play xo leltlet and the LB got stoned straight on by the guard and center haha. He tries to get too fancy with his blitzes for sure.

Advertisement
It’s absurd to complain about a ‘bad blitz call’ when I dont think there is a blitz on earth that has every coverage defender on one side of the field rushing the passer. It’s pretty obviously a breakdown rather than a design flaw. Failing to note that seems absurd.

Of course someone is at fault when a receiver is left 100% uncovered on the field. Of course someone should be held accountable. Of course Diaz makes some questionable blitz calls we have all seen. This one, however, isn’t a good example.

The way the play was executed was clearly wrong, and I agree that it wasn't likely designed that way at all. I think people attribute this to other blitz "gaffes" that have happened before. Another argument would be, if we rushed 4 we were getting home anyway so why blitz more if you don't have to, and that's more or less what I was alluding to earlier regarding the blitz call. That certainly would've avoided the extra man blitzing, but hindsight is always 20/20. I'm sure they'll use this as a teachable moment.

It's not just this game. Our defense is at it's worst when Manny besides to blitz. And he does it every 3rd down no matter the down, distance or score of game.

Caused a busted coverage for TD with young guys in the game ... smh
Show the play and draw out the reasoning behind your "expert" analysis you ******* bum.

I'm not even defending Diaz as we all know a lot of his calls are suspect but seriously stop making new post unless you have something to add other than; hurr durrr this guy makes my fee fees hurt

Advertisement
Back