Dexter Williams Signs Grant-In-Aid Agreement

Can recruits ink multiple GIA agreements with different schools, if so, has Dexter?

I think this is a great sign. Just watched the Day 2 practice recap and Coley was emphasizing the importance of taking back our territory, I think this is the mindset that the staff is getting to sink in with the local guys over last few months.

Yes, a recruit can sign multiple GIA agreements with different schools. The key for us is this:

"Recruits ... are free to sign financial-aid agreements with multiple schools, but only the school they signed with first receives the contact benefits." - From an ESPN article about 13 Clemson commits signing aid papers

Advertisement
I really like the way the staff has been taking advantage of the Grant-In-Aid Agreement. We saw it last year with Cook and even though it didn't get the job done I think it helped. Now this year with Archibald, Patchan, and now Williams we can really hype them up with the media by name and shower them with unlimited attention. I have to think that the kids love that.

Also, crazy that it'll be a violation for us if he doesn't enroll at UM.

Maybe both sides have to sign a grant-in-aid-agreement. Depending on law (rules), we may have entered a binding legal contract, even if Dexter has the option of withdrawing from his side.

It's only a violation if the school mentions the athlete name before the athlete enrolls since they can technically mention his name now. As long as they don't mention Dexter name, then it's not a violation regardless of who he signs with.

Advertisement
I say again!

217.gif

this in-aid agreement isn't something to get excited about. doesn't provide Miami with much additional advantage.

Advertisement

Maybe both sides have to sign a grant-in-aid-agreement. Depending on law (rules), we may have entered a binding legal contract, even if Dexter has the option of withdrawing from his side.

It's only a violation if the school mentions the athlete name before the athlete enrolls since they can technically mention his name now. As long as they don't mention Dexter name, then it's not a violation regardless of who he signs with.

They already announced his signing via a press release earlier today.

They already announced his signing via a press release earlier today.

Then they must be convinced that he is definitely signing.

Advertisement
Used to think he would switch but after the story of everyone n his dad in his ear, after that it seemed like he's just tired of uf and the pressure. Sort of reminds me of local miami kids who just want to leave.

With this, and the report that he eliminated UF from consideration for now, I am way more confident he comes here than I was a month ago. I used to think it was maybe a 50% chance he becomes a Cane. Now, I honestly think it really is closer to 75%. That's pretty good odds considering his family is heavy pro-UF, and we have 2 other RB's committed that are all good, and that's not including Walton who may or may not also be 2015....

Used to think he would switch but after the story of everyone n his dad in his ear, after that it seemed like he's just tired of uf and the pressure. Sort of reminds me of local miami kids who just want to leave.

It depends on the recruit, some kids give in to the pressure and commit to the local school, others get annoyed by it and start to get sick about hearing about that school, this cycle its working in our favor for this recruit and not so much for another recruit

Advertisement
this in-aid agreement isn't something to get excited about. doesn't provide Miami with much additional advantage.

Technically you are right, but this kid looks like he is for real. Every day seems more and more Cane. Just looked at some highlights on WQAM site. Kid gets going north to south fast. I think the egg hatched an nice fresh baby Cane has been born. I want all the backs to stick, but this one is really starting to warm my heart.

It depends on the recruit, some kids give in to the pressure and commit to the local school, others get annoyed by it and start to get sick about hearing about that school, this cycle its working in our favor for this recruit and not so much for another recruit

Like I have always said every recruit is different and always comparing one to the other gets annoying

Last edited:
https://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=/content.asp&cid=1665741

This isn't exactly about DW but this is Jalen Julius his boy and 2 reasons why this can be important. 1. This can be the knockout to all the other schools who want both and his list is **** impressive now that I look and 2. We're in his top 4 with Ole Miss, OSU and UL without an offer while he badly wants one so maybe that's directly from DW being that solid and recruiting him that hard. Now with that said can we get a summary?

Advertisement
Back