Dexter Williams Signs Grant-In-Aid Agreement

Advertisement
Only a fool would say this means nothing! While it does not bind the kid, it certainly means the kid is serious about signing here! I can also say we have a 98% chance of him signing since the majority of kids that do a GIA do indeed sign with chosen school.

Only a fool would say this means nothing! While it does not bind the kid, it certainly means the kid is serious about signing here! I can also say we have a 98% chance of him signing since the majority of kids that do a GIA do indeed sign with chosen school.

This, thank you.

While technically a good thing can't help but have Dalvin Cook flashback. That being said, my best guess is Scarlett and Williams stick and Cronk flips. Still a **** good haul by any standard.

Of course the mopes will ***** about losing Cronk but any sensible person would be thrilled with this outcome.

This, thank you.

Advertisement
If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back.

While technically a good thing can't help but have Dalvin Cook flashback. That being said, my best guess is Scarlett and Williams stick and Cronk flips. Still a **** good haul by any standard.

Of course the mopes will **** about losing Cronk but any sensible person would be thrilled with this outcome.

This, thank you.

Williams and Scarlett is an elite haul, and this is coming from someone that has been very critical with our RB recruiting. Monster pulls and they were badly needed. I think Cronk stays, our RB quality to depth ratio is poor right now. Duke probably leaves and that leaves us with Yearby, who while a stud is tiny, Gus who is meh, and probably Chocolate. We need more than that at a position where injuries are regular, just check Yearby and Duke. Plus I dont get why these kids want to be featured so bad, given the wear and tear at the position.

Of course the mopes will ***** about losing Cronk but any sensible person would be thrilled with this outcome.

This, thank you.

Well Dalvin Cook never declared himself committed to Miami so it is quite different.

Of course the mopes will **** about losing Cronk but any sensible person would be thrilled with this outcome.

This, thank you.

Williams and Scarlett is an elite haul, and this is coming from someone that has been very critical with our RB recruiting. Monster pulls and they were badly needed. I think Cronk stays, our RB quality to depth ratio is poor right now. Duke probably leaves and that leaves us with Yearby, who while a stud is tiny, Gus who is meh, and probably Chocolate. We need more than that at a position where injuries are regular, just check Yearby and Duke. Plus I dont get why these kids want to be featured so bad, given the wear and tear at the position.

A 2 year haul of Yearby, Gray, Williams and Scarlett is elite and means you don´t have to even think, let aloe worry, about the ones that got away.

And, boy, would I love to see us in a bowl game vs Ohio State with a backfield of Scarlett & Gray....

Advertisement
If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back.

Best case scenario and my exact thoughts. Want this to happen and it's realistic.

Also leaves the possibility of Gray maybe moving to full time receiver if it's needed.

Last edited:
113.gif

Advertisement
Also, crazy that it'll be a violation for us if he doesn't enroll at UM.

A violation? How so?

It's only a violation if UM pulls the scholarship after he signs the grant-in-aid agreement. It's NOT a violation for us if he chooses to sign somewhere else. No one would do this if that were the case. Ludicrous.
1. UM can't pull the offer. This is binding from our side. 2. This isn't a violation in any way, shape or form...no matter what happens from here.

Advertisement
Token and Pete, what are your current thoughts on Williams? Seems like this kid is as solid as can be but I know in the past that you two were hearing differently.

Token and Pete, what are your current thoughts on Williams? Seems like this kid is as solid as can be but I know in the past that you two were hearing differently.

I have heard differently from other schools especially around the time of The opening but haven't spoken to too many in the last few weeks. I just wonder how much does Jones' recruitment really affect Dex. Are we willing to waste a scholarship on Jones to ensure Williams?

I have heard differently from other schools especially around the time of The opening but haven't spoken to too many in the last few weeks. I just wonder how much does Jones' recruitment really affect Dex. Are we willing to waste a scholarship on Jones to ensure Williams?

I believe other insiders on this board have said we're not pursuing Julius.

If offering Julius and having him commit would lock up Williams, then I'd be all for it. He is an impressive athlete and ESPN 300 recruit who's a better talent than certain current commits. But it would also make sense to wait it out and see if we can keep Williams regardless of where Julius commits. It's not like they were a package deal when they were committed to different in-state schools.

Advertisement
Back