Devonta Smith

Smith sounds like exactly the type of guy Rick should reel in. He's got a pulse rate of about 40. If he ventures out of the hotel room for more than a bucket of ice we win.

Gonna be like Punxsutawney Devonta. If we see his his shadow anywhere this weekend we win.

Punsutawney Devonta

dead.0.gif

Advertisement
Before reading the entire thread I was already thinking and prepared to write that Smith is bringing his entire family for a free/enjoyable get away to Miami. But then the article brock posted confirmed this. I believe that if Smith was a Bama lock, he'd be at least a sold commit to them and would not be taking a last weekend trip to non SEC and supposedly lowly UM. Even if this visit is simply for the fam, I trust Richt is aware of the kid's demeanor, personality, intentions, and has plans to make it something totally different than business as usual.

Smith is looking for something special to stand out from the usual. I believe Richt can deliver this feeling, and I believe Richt will deliver it during their one on one exit interview, which probably takes place on Sundays before recruits leave.

Smith has to come out of his room for that, and its all we'll need him to come out for.

Before reading the entire thread I was already thinking and prepared to write that Smith is bringing his entire family for a free/enjoyable get away to Miami. But then the article brock posted confirmed this. I believe that if Smith was a Bama lock, he'd be at least a sold commit to them and would not be taking a last weekend trip to non SEC and supposedly lowly UM. Even if this visit is simply for the fam, I trust Richt is aware of the kid's demeanor, personality, intentions, and has plans to make it something totally different than business as usual.

Smith is looking for something special to stand out from the usual. I believe Richt can deliver this feeling, and I believe Richt will deliver it during their one on one exit interview, which probably takes place on Sundays before recruits leave.

Smith has to come out of his room for that, and its all we'll need him to come out for.

I agree for the most part. However, I do think he might actually participate in some events and I really hope he does, that would be a great indicator that he wants to come here. I hope the other kids OVing really make him feel comfortable. N'Kosi Perry has got to do work on him.

He isnt looking for anything. He said he has seen everything and its just for his family. I expect him to lay in bed all weekend again. This dude is on some other ****.

Bama 247 nuggets just posted... interesting

-- A pair of newly crowned five-star prospects in defensive end LaBryan Ray and receiver Henry Ruggs III are two names sources continue to feel “really good” about eventually signing with Alabama. Both in-state prospects were on campus last weekend for their official visits, which were said to have gone great in every sense of the word. Both Ray and Ruggs are trending to the Crimson Tide on the 247Sports Crystal Ball with both expected to announce final decisions on National Signing Day as is stands. Ray, the No. 1 strong-side defensive end, is set to take his final official visit to Florida this upcoming weekend, while Ruggs, the No. 11 receiver in the country, has no visit set in stone after seeing both Tuscaloosa and Tallahassee the past two weekends.

-- Alabama continues to be the leader for Devonta Smith despite the full-court press from LSU, sources tell BamaOnLine coming off of Smith’s official visit to Tuscaloosa. Sources near the Tigers program indicate at this point it seems like Coach O and staff are on the outside looking in, with Miami being the dark horse. The Canes have continued to push the depth chart at Alabama to Smith along with the incoming class in the hopes of swaying Smith to South Beach. Florida State is also taking a shot at the Amite (La.) native, getting him on campus last week for an official. The nation’s No. 9 receiver, Smith is expected to use his final official visit to Miami this weekend before announcing a National Signing Day decision.

Noteworthy that they don't feel as good as about smith as the do about ruggs and labranon ray landing in the class. Yeah bama probably has a good chance but Miami definitely is in it more so other than anyother school not named bama

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's awesome. I used to know Leonard a little in the early 2000's but knew his Business Manager more. Hagler still wouldn't talk to him. Hagler was ripped off. He deserved to win that fight. I can't remember if it was Hagler and Hearns that fought for 2 or 3 rounds but it was the greatest 2-3 rounds ever.

RVACane: Hagler and Tommy Hearns fought the greatest 3 rounds in boxing. From the first round everyone knew it would not go into the 4th round. EVERY punch was a homerun. Hearns was knocked unconscious. Regarding the Hagler and Learnard fights, Hagler clearly won this (I believe 2 fights) with Leonard. He was ripped off. One other great fight was a puffed up 43 year old Roberto Duran vs. a true middleweight in Hagler. It looked like David and Goliath. Duran went the full 12 rounds and it was also a very close fight. Both Duran and Hagler were beasts, pit bulls.

-- A pair of newly crowned five-star prospects in defensive end LaBryan Ray and receiver Henry Ruggs III are two names sources continue to feel “really good” about eventually signing with Alabama. Both in-state prospects were on campus last weekend for their official visits, which were said to have gone great in every sense of the word. Both Ray and Ruggs are trending to the Crimson Tide on the 247Sports Crystal Ball with both expected to announce final decisions on National Signing Day as is stands. Ray, the No. 1 strong-side defensive end, is set to take his final official visit to Florida this upcoming weekend, while Ruggs, the No. 11 receiver in the country, has no visit set in stone after seeing both Tuscaloosa and Tallahassee the past two weekends.

-- Alabama continues to be the leader for Devonta Smith despite the full-court press from LSU, sources tell BamaOnLine coming off of Smith’s official visit to Tuscaloosa. Sources near the Tigers program indicate at this point it seems like Coach O and staff are on the outside looking in, with Miami being the dark horse. The Canes have continued to push the depth chart at Alabama to Smith along with the incoming class in the hopes of swaying Smith to South Beach. Florida State is also taking a shot at the Amite (La.) native, getting him on campus last week for an official. The nation’s No. 9 receiver, Smith is expected to use his final official visit to Miami this weekend before announcing a National Signing Day decision.

Noteworthy that they don't feel as good as about smith as the do about ruggs and labranon ray landing in the class. Yeah bama probably has a good chance but Miami definitely is in it more so other than anyother school not named bama

Thanks for posting, Brock. Although the info does name Bama as the leader, still gotta feel good about our chances

The whole "continues to be the leader" line is a dead giveaway. Usually means they don't know squat. =P

Advertisement
Jimbo visited him today at his bball practice today or some **** like that

This isn't fair. Jimbo has so much free time. Its pretty much a recruiting advantage since he doesn't have to tend to a wife or anything.

Jimbo's not there for Smith as much as he's looking for candidates to drill his current gf while he watches from a dark corner.

Pretty funny that Ruggs is now a 5 star because Bama is after him so hard. He was barely a top 200 player at the start of the year.

Agreed on Perry's likely influence, however, I never said he wouldn't participate in any events, just the if he doesn't, at least Richt will have him one on one, and that I believe Richt can seal the deal or separate Us then.

“To be honest, all the schools are the same. Great coaching staffs, great men, great programs,” Smith said. “I really don’t know what separated from everyone else.”
“I don’t know where I’m going yet.”

According to these quotes from Smith, he is looking for some sort of separation 252cane. What 18 year old do U know of who has seen everything? What he means is that, everything he has seen has been the same. I might definitely be on some other ****, but I never met an 18 year old who wasn't lol.

The whole "continues to be the leader" line is a dead giveaway. Usually means they don't know squat. =P

Yeah the honest answer there is "he has more Bama crystal balls and no one knows much more than that and similar widely available information."

Advertisement
Good info brock!

We don't even need to make Bama's depth our major case in persuading Smith. That could come off as insulting to a confident recruit. I'd simply present the WR production numbers between each team, and then specifically point out Ahmmon Richards numbers and success as a true freshman.

Its not about what Bama can't do for him, its more about what UM can do for him. Now that Golden is gone, for recruits it comes down to which team do U want to see win.

Pretty funny that Ruggs is now a 5 star because Bama is after him so hard. He was barely a top 200 player at the start of the year.

Bama offer makes you a five star lol

Agree wholeheartedly. This battle is not over. There is not better place to be than the last word in this type of battle and we have that plus an in-home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Agreed on Perry's likely influence, however, I never said he wouldn't participate in any events, just the if he doesn't, at least Richt will have him one on one, and that I believe Richt can seal the deal or separate Us then.

“To be honest, all the schools are the same. Great coaching staffs, great men, great programs,” Smith said. “I really don’t know what separated from everyone else.”

According to these quotes from Smith, he is looking for some sort of separation 252cane. What 18 year old do U know of who has seen everything? What he means is that, everything he has seen has been the same. I might definitely be on some other ****, but I never met an 18 year old who wasn't lol.

Im talking about smith. This dude is taking OVs and just laying around in hotel rooms all day. Thats crazy as **** to me. Somebody need to get that boy a piece of *** or some.

Im talking about smith. This dude is taking OVs and just laying around in hotel rooms all day. Thats crazy as **** to me. Somebody need to get that boy a piece of *** or some.

Seriously. Have some fun kid! Hopefully he gets out of the hotel for some surf and turf at the Rusty Pelican this weekend

The kids just quiet and shy like he's been like this the whole time but also he's from Louisiana and you know Alabama isn't **** so I can see how he just didn't care but I think he can be convinced to have some....... Fun times on his visit here

Advertisement
Back