Devonta Smith visited FSU the last couple days

Advertisement
What should finally seem clear to yall is Alabama isn't so high up there to him. Kid ain't no fool as I been said. This might be his reaction to all the reciever options we've moved forward with these last few weeks.

So what's the word dee? Still think we get him

Honestly this is new to me. I know fspew won't never quit on a kid & don't mind the u$ual shenanigans. With that in mind he was there for bball but the end effect was just the same. He took an official. He knows above all else he's a necessity to us right now regardless of any of these kids were talking to. Also don't be fooled to think they are all takes. We don't want three undersized clones at wr to fill our class out. 2 now that's another story. Thomas & smith is our ideal close. ossibly with pouncey but I'm not sold on him either.

No lie if these kids wanna be another player who had high billing but barely gets the ball thrown to them they will head to Alabama Florida state lsu if they wanna make plays they will come to this great program built on skill positions players who make plays

Advertisement
What should finally seem clear to yall is Alabama isn't so high up there to him. Kid ain't no fool as I been said. This might be his reaction to all the reciever options we've moved forward with these last few weeks.

Honestly this is new to me. I know fspew won't never quit on a kid & don't mind the u$ual shenanigans. With that in mind he was there for bball but the end effect was just the same. He took an official. He knows above all else he's a necessity to us right now regardless of any of these kids were talking to. Also don't be fooled to think they are all takes. We don't want three undersized clones at wr to fill our class out. 2 now that's another story. Thomas & smith is our ideal close. ossibly with pouncey but I'm not sold on him either.

There was no bball game.

Yeah his team played 5.5 hours away from Tallahassee this past weekend

There was no bball game.

Was wondering the same thing so looked. Team schedule shows they had a game Friday night in Albany, LA, and then not another game until tonight. Does not mention anything about a hoops game anywhere near florida.

Advertisement

His home town is only 6 hours from Tallahassee. Some of u are crazy. It is not like he was almost to FSU, so they said lets just go another hour or so. SMH

So he visited, happened, don't try and come up with excuses why he did.

His home town is only 6 hours from Tallahassee. Some of u are crazy. It is not like he was almost to FSU, so they said lets just go another hour or so. SMH

What? I'm trying to quell the notion that he was in Florida because of a basketball tourney by some people that weirdly popped up a few days ago

Advertisement
Earlier in the day Noles247 reported that four-star wide receiver Devonta Smith took a surprise official visit to Florida State. Here’s a little more insight and details into this latest development:

— Smith and his mother arrived on Sunday and left around mid-morning on Tuesday. I’m told this was Smith’s third time visiting FSU’s campus, he was last in Tallahassee during the summer. This was the first time his mom had been to FSU. I'm told his mother has not made it on many trips with her son. She was with him on the LSU visit, but that was her first time visiting the in-state program.

— Smith’s primary recruiter at FSU is Randy Sanders. Sanders has done an excellent job of working this one behind the scenes. A source tells Noles247 that Sanders and Smith have been in communication all year and Sanders really pushed to get this visit done.

— While on campus at FSU Smith was hosted by sophomore wide receiver Nyqwan Murray. I’m told that Smith is very low-key and got along well with Noonie. From all accounts it was a very good visit and it helped having FSU’s early enrollee’s on campus. Smith knew many of the EE class from their time together at The Opening and Army Bowl. Smith spent time with Cam Akers, Joshua Kaindoh and Stanford Samuels while he was on his visit.

— It’s pretty incredible that in 2017 a visit can go completely under wraps. I have a theory on why. It’s not because FSU needed to sneak him in or any conspiracy theory like that. It’s because Smith is quiet. He doesn’t talk a whole lot and when interviewed he’s generally short and guarded. Although, he did post a pretty clear sign on Twitter that nearly everyone missed. It was taken to refer to his upcoming Miami visit, not a Sunday trip to Tallahassee. So this wasn’t something that Smith or FSU were trying to hide, it just somehow managed to fly under everyones radar.

— Based on what I’m hearing in the short time after his visit ended, it sounds like FSU is solidly in the mix right now. It’ll be interesting to see what Alabama does, I’m told they have room for Smith, as of now. That’s something to watch. Miami and LSU are also legitimate threats to land him as well. This one is far from over and as far as I know, Jimbo Fisher has not used his in-home visit with Smith yet.

people get way to worked up. kids have 5 free official visits if I was one of them id take all 5 even if I didn't want to go to that school why not. even if I had a top 3 of Miami, bama and lsu,

its still weird to talk about this kid like lsu has no shot being from Louisiana and all, that said I think Miami has a legit shot from what the kid says.

for me I like to wait till nds to see who comes and goes. things change from now to sd every year. kids thought to go one school sign with another it gets weird. lets wait it out and see. its fun to track but I won't get to upset at this time. **** I won't get upset at nsd, that's just me though. I now u need top 15 classes usually to compete for a ship but Michigan state has done it with classes barely in top 30 and so have others.

this class should be in top 15 by the time all is said and done . I expect next years class to be top 10 , the more Miami wins the more kids from south florida are gonna want to come play for Miami. its how it usually goes. give richt time. this isn't golden remember this guy has a history of top 5 classes at Georgia and south florida has more talent the Georgia.

^^^ THIS

Richt was able to pull top talent into GA and consistently win 10 games a year. Now he's in the mecca of HS football talent. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Earlier in the day Noles247 reported that four-star wide receiver Devonta Smith took a surprise official visit to Florida State. Here’s a little more insight and details into this latest development:

— Smith and his mother arrived on Sunday and left around mid-morning on Tuesday. I’m told this was Smith’s third time visiting FSU’s campus, he was last in Tallahassee during the summer. This was the first time his mom had been to FSU. I'm told his mother has not made it on many trips with her son. She was with him on the LSU visit, but that was her first time visiting the in-state program.

— Smith’s primary recruiter at FSU is Randy Sanders. Sanders has done an excellent job of working this one behind the scenes. A source tells Noles247 that Sanders and Smith have been in communication all year and Sanders really pushed to get this visit done.

— While on campus at FSU Smith was hosted by sophomore wide receiver Nyqwan Murray. I’m told that Smith is very low-key and got along well with Noonie. From all accounts it was a very good visit and it helped having FSU’s early enrollee’s on campus. Smith knew many of the EE class from their time together at The Opening and Army Bowl. Smith spent time with Cam Akers, Joshua Kaindoh and Stanford Samuels while he was on his visit.

— It’s pretty incredible that in 2017 a visit can go completely under wraps. I have a theory on why. It’s not because FSU needed to sneak him in or any conspiracy theory like that. It’s because Smith is quiet. He doesn’t talk a whole lot and when interviewed he’s generally short and guarded. Although, he did post a pretty clear sign on Twitter that nearly everyone missed. It was taken to refer to his upcoming Miami visit, not a Sunday trip to Tallahassee. So this wasn’t something that Smith or FSU were trying to hide, it just somehow managed to fly under everyones radar.

— Based on what I’m hearing in the short time after his visit ended, it sounds like FSU is solidly in the mix right now. It’ll be interesting to see what Alabama does, I’m told they have room for Smith, as of now. That’s something to watch. Miami and LSU are also legitimate threats to land him as well. This one is far from over and as far as I know, Jimbo Fisher has not used his in-home visit with Smith yet.

Oh joy

Advertisement

What? I'm trying to quell the notion that he was in Florida because of a basketball tourney by some people that weirdly popped up a few days ago

Was not stating this against u, it was in support of u. Trying to dispel all of the propaganda some of those on here come up with. My bad if u took it the wrong way,

Wow... Can't understate how much I hate those *****

A secret visit says a little more to me than a kid just trying to get a free trip.

doesn't sound like it was a secret visit. Kid just doesn't mouth off like other recruits so nobody realized he was going. He did tweet that he was flying to FL, but everybody missed it.

Advertisement
Back