Devonta Smith is not on Campus

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need to get devonta around the Deltas and the AKAs at the U man lol

there's like 20 of them combined, if that.

Seriously? It's probably some bad ones. You talking about there is 20 in each sorority right?

unless they've made huge strides in the last few years, nphc chapters were always really small at um. when i graduated in 2012 they usually carried 8-12 sisters at a time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Devonta commits no tears will be shed after losing McFarland because we don't have a real need at RB IMO. We have bigger holes at WR, CB, and OL.. those our the only recruits at those position I care about landing.. To me McFarland would had just been a bonus.. but if you got a good OL doesn't really matter who is at RB IMO.

If Devonta commits no tears will be shed after losing McFarland because we don't have a real need at RB IMO. We have bigger holes at WR, CB, and OL.. those our the only recruits at those position I care about landing.. To me McFarland would had just been a bonus.. but if you got a good OL doesn't really matter who is at RB IMO.

Keep telling yourself that. I am not saying that we are in trouble for this year, unless we have some injuries, but not getting him definitely hurts. Depth and elite talent in the backfield is necessary. I would take Herbert over McFarland if it were a trade, but we have 4 scholarship backs right now. Walton and Homer should be the only two that get time, unless Burns really impresses. But Burns is a big question mark at this point and Choc, well... he may be someone to move to FB. Losing McFarland means that next year's class has to be absolutely killer. Really turns up the pressure on Brown and Richt.

Advertisement

Keep telling yourself that. I am not saying that we are in trouble for this year, unless we have some injuries, but not getting him definitely hurts. Depth and elite talent in the backfield is necessary. I would take Herbert over McFarland if it were a trade, but we have 4 scholarship backs right now. Walton and Homer should be the only two that get time, unless Burns really impresses. But Burns is a big question mark at this point and Choc, well... he may be someone to move to FB. Losing McFarland means that next year's class has to be absolutely killer. Really turns up the pressure on Brown and Richt.

4 true scholarship backs sure. but that doesn't mean we only have 4 guys that can play RB.
And if Burns and Choc are big question marks so was McFarland. Fracturing your fibula can be a very serious injury particularly if there is any ligament damage in the ankle.
Richt already has been planning using Deejay as a wildcat QB. He is a true athlete who can play QB, RB, WR, DB.
You are correct RB recruiting next year is very important. Luckily Curry, Cook, and Lingard are all top talents we are in it for. Think we get one of them at least.

However We also don't need Smith that badly if we get Thomas. He is just a guy I really want for what it means. This is a dude Alabama and LSU are all over. This guy is a great talent. we don't NEED him, but if we get him its amazing.

Just FYI the guy who posted that tweet knows absolutely nothing. I'd put the horses back in the stable before assuming Smith is on campus based off him alone.

Advertisement
Back