Devonaire Clarington UM lock now?

@Thread Killa, basketball player Tonye Jekiri attended Champagnat and now attends UM.

Are there any agenda having corches on the basketball team or is that only on the football team?

Let me know when a Champagnat football player enrolls at Miami or at least another FL school.
I think he was just pointing out that the kids can get into Miami academically. We all know why Champagnat kids are not joining the football team anytime soon

Advertisement
@Thread Killa, basketball player Tonye Jekiri attended Champagnat and now attends UM.

Are there any agenda having corches on the basketball team or is that only on the football team?

Let me know when a Champagnat football player enrolls at Miami or at least another FL school.
I think he was just pointing out that the kids can get into Miami academically. We all know why Champagnat kids are not joining the football team anytime soon

Not the same. If Tunsil and Drummond weren't there, maybe it'd be different.

Look LSU has bought Champagnat and there is jack**** we can do about it until one of you becomes an editor for a large publication and will blow the lid off the worst kept secret

247's Ryan Bartow didn't seem to think so earlier this week...

http://lsu.247sports.com/Board/59425/Contents/Two-LSU-coaches-hit-South-Florida-28756152#M28768975

Don't shoot the messenger, but here's what he said:

- Miami isn't a factor for Clarington (or anyone at Champagnat Catholic).
- Once Clarington visits LSU this summer I feel they will be in more of a driver's seat in this recruitment.
- LSU feels good about its standing with Clarington, per my contacts.

It would be interesting to hear if any staff members on this board have heard differently. Jaason Lewis is an appealing alternative as a potential move TE who could create mismatches with his athleticism.
This is laughable

Ya know it's one thing to be informative but you've started your mouth running again lately and you can take it elsewhere. Your little ******* smartass jabs have been old so kick rocks or stfu with your smartass quips

Advertisement
People who have seen him play a lot say he has a really bad attitude and hands of stone.

Personally, I would gladly would let LSU have him for Mouton from Louisiana.

Clarington is being recruited by Alabama as a DE, so this last commit to the Tide doesn't really affect their pursuit of him.

Champagnat - LSU pipeline is strong. Very strong at the moment. I'll leave the speculation as to why alone, tho.

Clarington's recruitment overall comes down to this: go with his friends (Cronk/Irvin/Johnson) to Miami, or go where coaches are pushing him (Bama/LSU)

Advertisement
Clarington is being recruited by Alabama as a DE, so this last commit to the Tide doesn't really affect their pursuit of him.

Champagnat - LSU pipeline is strong. Very strong at the moment. I'll leave the speculation as to why alone, tho.

Clarington's recruitment overall comes down to this: go with his friends (Cronk/Irvin/Johnson) to Miami, or go where coaches are pushing him (Bama/LSU)

Cam and what do you think the decision will be?

Is he that close to that trio that it can ultimately sway him to Miami?

I DO LIKE that you feel Irvin and Johnson will be at UM Tho

Advertisement

Why leave the speculation alone? You obviously have an opinion on it. You are an informed writer on Hurricane related news. We come here for your expertise. Why not tell us your opinion? I would much rather have your opinion coupled with knowledge and sources than just pure speculation on here

Advertisement
I sense some sources are really ones opinion. These kids do interviews all the time, some are attention junkies, but none of the interviewers never ask the questions we all wonder about here. Everybody too busy sucking up to these kids and most don't hold their feet to the fire. Next time ask the recruits from Champagnat if there is a push or recommendation to elsewhere besides Miami. Take very little what you read anywhere as gospel . I haven't seen anywhere where Clarington himself has stated he going out of state or has he committed elsewhere. Anytime a player goes elsewhere because he sees the grass greener on the other side, too many want to accuse HS coaches as steering, getting paid or having a dislike for The U. Time to accept that we got a lot of catching up to do on so many fronts and that's why we can't lock down the 305/954/352!

he does have legitimate grade concerns though, right? I mean as legitimate as those things get this early.

I've spoken to devonaire himself as well as I know his dad and others and can tell you their thinking has changed as far as where he is going to school or would like to go to school. A year ago devonaire had UM at the top by a lot but now the attitude has changed over there. I can tell you that people are in their ears and they are very easily influenced.

Advertisement
Back