Devin Hester Interview

Advertisement
Jesus this is wild. Thankfully Hester overcame this and had a legendary career but it could’ve somehow been better? Unreal. JJ was all about the best talent plays. There was a story that Irvin slammed a cafeteria tray over a dudes head and JJ handled it in a manner consistent with what you’d expect a good coach to do but still somehow always had the respect of his players.

Jesus this is wild. Thankfully Hester overcame this and had a legendary career but it could’ve somehow been better? Unreal. JJ was all about the best talent plays. There was a story that Irvin slammed a cafeteria tray over a dudes head and JJ handled it in a manner consistent with what you’d expect a good coach to do but still somehow always had the respect of his players.
True story...Dude cut in front of Irvin in the Cafeteria....Whipped his ***...

What the …
B9FD8D92-AFDA-40D6-97E0-363F308F070B.jpeg

I know a lot of people like him but a lot of the damage that was done it started before golden even got here and a lot of it has to do with him. I know nobody wants to hear that but anybody that was around that time can tell you
I think a lot of people (well rational ones) know Golden walked into a total **** show beyond “the cloud”

He was definitely in over his head as well, some of it there’s not much I think he could of done to be honest

Maybe I’m just choosing to remember it differently but he really was never gonna have much of a chance. He didn’t do himself any favors either don’t get me wrong

Advertisement
@Problem2 I knew about this in 05...it was my Son's 2nd yr at UM....Devin at that time was dating UM Hoops star Tamara James...and before picking her up from practice...I was hanging out with him as he was walking his Pit Bull puppy near the practice gym next to Hecht...and we were talking about this EXACT same thing....Me and @Poopscoop tried telling y'all how bad Onion was for the program....He treated Willie Williams in a kinda similar fashion....
Yea but willie was gonne be willie no matter what.

I remember tons of talk about randy playing favorites and sitting guys that he didnt like as much. Didn't we always have a ton of long suspensions at the beginning of seasons?

I think a lot of people (well rational ones) know Golden walked into a total **** show beyond “the cloud”

He was definitely in over his head as well, some of it there’s not much I think he could of done to be honest

Maybe I’m just choosing to remember it differently but he really was never gonna have much of a chance. He didn’t do himself any favors either don’t get me wrong
Golden walked into a ****show. His loyalty to his buddy and that defense killed him.

He actually recruited some great players but also had alot of misses in every class.

Yea but willie was gonne be willie no matter what.

I remember tons of talk about randy playing favorites and sitting guys that he didnt like as much. Didn't we always have a ton of long suspensions at the beginning of seasons?
Nah Man....Onion hindered WW....Someone like Butch would've had WW all ACC....If Butch and company could somewhat control Webster...WW would have been a cakewalk...cause Nate was a crazy ****....

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's crazy as ****. To me, whats worse is a HC didn't question his DC why their preseason all American in now 3rd string?

What randy did to willie, is what you see Manny doing to our LBs now. You recruit a kid to the bitter end, only to ask him to do things he's never been good at here. I remember Randy using willie to spy Marcus Vick back in the day. I just remember thinking why isn't he rushing Marcus Vick, like we saw him do a carol city??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back