Devil's advocate - about Manny

Guys what if Manny sees something we don't about the 'nature' of the players on the roster. Yesterday, he stated he's recruiting Miami guys that have a chip on their shoulder and with an edge. The one constant I see with these players is... most of them at least... they're not DAWGS. They have no dog in them.. the seem soft and pampered. McKinnie eluded to this... they were clowning around and didn't seem to care.

Could it be that Manny sees how 'soft' these players are and there simply isn't anything anyone can do to wake them up or make them 'dawgs?" If they're pansies that's not Diaz's fault if he didn't recruit them. Have we been recruiting jokers and choir boys that don't really care about winning?

On defense, I see dawgs. Rousseau, Bandy, Silvera, Hall... they play like old Canes.

Could it be Manny is recruiting a different mentality of player than Richt and THAT is the problem? Current players are just soft and don't have the mentality needed?

I found Manny's quote revealing about what he's trying to do. It sounds like he wants an entirely different attitude and the current regime just doesn't have it.

Why do u continue to believe what this dude says? In case any of you who continues to put hope in him haven’t realized, HE’S BEEN HERE FOR 4 YEARS! He’s been saying the same chit for 4 YEARS! Manny’s, Banda’s, Patke’s definition of a “Miami guy w a chip on their shoulder” means they didn’t have the fortitude or recruiting abilities to bag a blue chip, so give them the low 3 star guy who’s “Under the Radar” that ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the big time schools passed over, and he has a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong....and furthermore, he wants to be at Miami.

What we have is a roster full of “Miami Guys.” These are DIAZ’S recruits on defense. Why is this such a hard concept to understand? Diaz is not new here, and he’s not new to recruiting here. Stop the explanations or reasoning. HES NOT EVEN A MIAMI GUY! He’s a Semenhole, period!

Advertisement
There is not devils advocate here. Sorry, you want to see dogs? You want to see old school canes?

Even IF Manny could sign them he’d play walk-ons first.

I hope he doesn’t get a second year but if he does he better fire just about everyone. And start over.

Why do u continue to believe what this dude says? In case any of you who continues to put hope in him haven’t realized, HE’S BEEN HERE FOR 4 YEARS! He’s been saying the same chit for 4 YEARS! Manny’s, Banda’s, Patke’s definition of a “Miami guy w a chip on their shoulder” means they didn’t have the fortitude or recruiting abilities to bag a blue chip, so give them the low 3 star guy who’s “Under the Radar” that ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the big time schools passed over, and he has a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong....and furthermore, he wants to be at Miami.

What we have is a roster full of “Miami Guys.” These are DIAZ’S recruits on defense. Why is this such a hard concept to understand? Diaz is not new here, and he’s not new to recruiting here. Stop the explanations or reasoning. HES NOT EVEN A MIAMI GUY! He’s a Semenhole, period!

This x1000.

Manny is just setting fans up for his three star army bc he is an abysmal recruiter to go along with being the most inexperienced coach we have ever hired.

Manure is softer than any of our players. Fck him and this scapegoating bullshyt. He signed off on every one of those “soft” defensive players. So again fck him.

He is sooooo soft...No one loses their job ever (Shannon all over again) . I see so many players coddling player after BAD mistakes... After penalties, after the fake punt. Where is the accountability? All this "I came too far to look back now" and "we're all we got"...and then highlights of their only good play of the game tweets every game...This team literally thinks they have accomplished a lot. Jesus at least let me hear someone threw hands after one of these losses? Please tell me Diaz had to separate someone in the locker room. It's mind boggling

Baez/Cooley/Banda and everyone sucking down other teams players and recruits on twitter...Cooney (or his bro not sure who it was0 coming out and tweeting "this team will go to a bowl game!!" ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!!!!!???? what is there 39 bowl games nowadays? 37? 78 god **** teams...over 60 percent of college football goes to a bowl game. Do we need to go? Yes? Is it an accomplishment, **** no?! And the best part is you'll need a sheriff's posse to find him if we miss the bowl game. All crickets.

The whole **** is so soft right now.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think we get the four stars nobody else wants, ie, not really 4 stars. Hoping this feeling leaves me with the upcoming class.

Advertisement
I agree that we have a ton of highly rated softies on our roster. But who is really at fault? Recruiting/evaluation? Culture/coaching? The players themselves? I have to imagine there is blame to spread around, but he definitely needs to shoulder plenty of it. I think how he responds now will say a lot.

The biggest culprits are the 7 on 7 t-shirt All-American divas. The majority of those big name kids are soft and entitled.

I recall something early in the season, maybe around fall camp, a quote from Manny about there still being some poison that needed rooting out. I think we were all just to optimistic then to give it much thought, but looking back on it, that should have been cause for concern and potential harbinger for what is going on now.

Certainly don't want to excuse coaches at all here, but it looks like Manny realized even back then that something was not right about his team.

...Maybe, just maybe these kids who spend time with Diaz in this staff know a little bit more about what he's doing with this program and where he wants to take it....

Hmmm...got it. That’s very genius of him, keeping what he’s doing with the program and where he wants to take it, a secret from the current players. Why didn’t I see that? That Manny, he’s quite the cat.

Advertisement
I recall something early in the season, maybe around fall camp, a quote from Manny about there still being some poison that needed rooting out. I think we were all just to optimistic then to give it much thought, but looking back on it, that should have been cause for concern and potential harbinger for what is going on now.

Certainly don't want to excuse coaches at all here, but it looks like Manny realized even back then that something was not right about his team.

Agree, we all wanted to believe, but the reality was/is that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.
Why did anyone, myself included, expect the team to magically change over the off season? This is the same team that under-performed LY and got embarrassed by Wisky...again.
I'm as disappointed as anyone about the season, but I'm also lucid enough to know that it almost always takes more than one season and Diaz isn't getting fired after this year, I don't care how it ends. Quite honestly if he did it would be a huge mistake.

Agree, we all wanted to believe, but the reality was/is that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.
Why did anyone, myself included, expect the team to magically change over the off season? This is the same team that under-performed LY and got embarrassed by Wisky...again.
I'm as disappointed as anyone about the season, but I'm also lucid enough to know that it almost always takes more than one season and Diaz isn't getting fired after this year, I don't care how it ends. Quite honestly if he did it would be a huge mistake.

Part of the blame here though does go to Manny for hyping the expectations "TNM", etc. He did sell us on gold chains and rings that turned out to be pyrite. He should have at least tempered things a bit. That may have been more his daddy's political training influencing him in the phony propagandizing.

So if he is trying to recruit Miami guys now, what exactly has he been recruitng the last 4 years? He was in charge of defensive recruting.

Advertisement
Part of the blame here though does go to Manny for hyping the expectations "TNM", etc. He did sell us on gold chains and rings that turned out to be pyrite. He should have at least tempered things a bit. That may have been more his daddy's political training influencing him in the phony propagandizing.

With out doubt, I'm a firm believer of under promise and over deliver, which is NOT what he did, thus the pitchforks crowd.

Advertisement
Guys what if Manny sees something we don't about the 'nature' of the players on the roster. Yesterday, he stated he's recruiting Miami guys that have a chip on their shoulder and with an edge. The one constant I see with these players is... most of them at least... they're not DAWGS. They have no dog in them.. the seem soft and pampered. McKinnie eluded to this... they were clowning around and didn't seem to care.

Could it be that Manny sees how 'soft' these players are and there simply isn't anything anyone can do to wake them up or make them 'dawgs?" If they're pansies that's not Diaz's fault if he didn't recruit them. Have we been recruiting jokers and choir boys that don't really care about winning?

On defense, I see dawgs. Rousseau, Bandy, Silvera, Hall... they play like old Canes.

Could it be Manny is recruiting a different mentality of player than Richt and THAT is the problem? Current players are just soft and don't have the mentality needed?

I found Manny's quote revealing about what he's trying to do. It sounds like he wants an entirely different attitude and the current regime just doesn't have it.
Well if that’s the case sir, then who’s fault is it? Seeing that manny has been for 4 years and has recruited atleast half of those players minimum! You know the half that gave up 4th and 17 and missed 29 tackles last Saturday. I understand your devils advocate but now I have a legitimate question for that. So please answer.

Since when is the defensive coordinator in charge of defensive recruiting? I explained this yesterday.

Mark RIcht never recruited defensive guys even at UGA. Manny Diaz and Banda were the main recruiters for defense. Ask SFE/7v7 coaches, ask the high school coaches, ask anyone and they will tell you Manny was the head of defensive recruiting. He had the measuring stick and said dont offer so and so they are too short. It was on him, Richt could have vetoed a guy or told Manny to go after one as the HC but 95+% was on Manny.

So if he is trying to recruit Miami guys now, what exactly has he been recruitng the last 4 years? He was in charge of defensive recruting.

but how many recruits did Richt say no to? How many chances did we not take? I don’t know but I am curious. Something is definitely wrong with this team. Players seem to be in position to make plays....

Advertisement
Back