Devil's advocate - about Manny

CaneDogX

Banned
Banned
Guys what if Manny sees something we don't about the 'nature' of the players on the roster. Yesterday, he stated he's recruiting Miami guys that have a chip on their shoulder and with an edge. The one constant I see with these players is... most of them at least... they're not DAWGS. They have no dog in them.. the seem soft and pampered. McKinnie eluded to this... they were clowning around and didn't seem to care.

Could it be that Manny sees how 'soft' these players are and there simply isn't anything anyone can do to wake them up or make them 'dawgs?" If they're pansies that's not Diaz's fault if he didn't recruit them. Have we been recruiting jokers and choir boys that don't really care about winning?

On defense, I see dawgs. Rousseau, Bandy, Silvera, Hall... they play like old Canes.

Could it be Manny is recruiting a different mentality of player than Richt and THAT is the problem? Current players are just soft and don't have the mentality needed?

I found Manny's quote revealing about what he's trying to do. It sounds like he wants an entirely different attitude and the current regime just doesn't have it.

Advertisement
Alright, I'll bite.

Even if everything you say is true - what he wants and what he will be able to do by the end of this year will be vastly different.

Dawgs don't want to play for a **** talking loser, which is what he in-arguably is NOW and heavily trending to be at the end of the season.

He couldn't croot before and each week of this season has sunk that improvement window to a pinhole and the *** is about to blowout the other way.

Shanny bet his career on his talk this off season and already lost B.I.G.

Unless he wins every game...in an increasingly dominant fashion...to blow-out status by end of year....

None of what you say will matter by the time it matters.

That's the only formula for salvaging this upcoming class I see working.

We've heard the same stuff out of the 'soft and pampered' blue -chip players ready to resurrect this program since radio's days.

He may mean it, he just can't deliver mentality and requisite talent.

Dawgs don't want to play for a **** talking loser, which is what he in-arguably is NOW and heavily trending to be at the end of the season.

22 kids are signed on to play for Miami in 2020 with more to come—and lots of kids have Miami on their radar. We'll see if they're "dawgs" or not—but less than one year in the guy deserves the benefit of the doubt to try and build a time without this f**king crybaby fan base screaming the entire time, taking out 15 years of frustration on him.

Maybe, just maybe these kids who spend time with Diaz in this staff know a little bit more about what he's doing with this program and where he wants to take it—opposed to fans whose only opinion of him is based on post-game pressers and the Joe Rose Show on Monday morning, where he spews a lot of coach-speak to get out of there and to get back to work.

Guys what if Manny sees something we don't about the 'nature' of the players on the roster. Yesterday, he stated he's recruiting Miami guys that have a chip on their shoulder and with an edge. The one constant I see with these players is... most of them at least... they're not DAWGS. They have no dog in them.. the seem soft and pampered. McKinnie eluded to this... they were clowning around and didn't seem to care.

Could it be that Manny sees how 'soft' these players are and there simply isn't anything anyone can do to wake them up or make them 'dawgs?" If they're pansies that's not Diaz's fault if he didn't recruit them. Have we been recruiting jokers and choir boys that don't really care about winning?

On defense, I see dawgs. Rousseau, Bandy, Silvera, Hall... they play like old Canes.

Could it be Manny is recruiting a different mentality of player than Richt and THAT is the problem? Current players are just soft and don't have the mentality needed?

I found Manny's quote revealing about what he's trying to do. It sounds like he wants an entirely different attitude and the current regime just doesn't have it.
Possible, but when you have the worst OL in the NCAA, receivers that can't catch (e.g. Wiggins), DBs that can't cover (e.g. Ivey), a DL that can't get sacks they way they did in 2018 (I know we lost JJ and GW), injuries all over, coaches that can't motivate anyone, and a coaching staff that can't develop the right strategic game plans for each game (and worst of all can't rethink at half-time their game plan/play schemes based on what worked and didn't in the 1st half of each game), .....!! We're sadly in BIG trouble. This season has been a total nightmare!!!!!!

Last edited:
We‘re seeing different things and don’t lump me in with the cry-babies because everyone knows how much of a homer I am.

Manny failed.

These kids are poorly coached. Attitude, mentality, “dawg” … those are all intangibles for “I don’t want to take responsibility for bad coaching, a bad OC and a bad DC”.
Glad that you see the light.

Advertisement
22 kids are signed on to play for Miami in 2020 with more to come—and lots of kids have Miami on their radar. We'll see if they're "dawgs" or not—but less than one year in the guy deserves the benefit of the doubt to try and build a time without this f**king crybaby fan base screaming the entire time, taking out 15 years of frustration on him.

Maybe, just maybe these kids who spend time with Diaz in this staff know a little bit more about what he's doing with this program and where he wants to take it—opposed to fans whose only opinion of him is based on post-game pressers and the Joe Rose Show on Monday morning, where he spews a lot of coach-speak to get out of there and to get back to work.

I hear ya, but MY opinion of him is based on his big talk and no-walk. His hand picked coaches and the plain-view performance of this team show these lyin eyes all they need to know.

He begged for this ******* crybaby fanbase to take out 15 years of frustration on him with his gambit.

TF did he think us crybabies would be feelin right about now with the 4 plays to 7-0 garbage?

We'll see if the commits commit. I say doubtful.

I'll gladly take the L if Shanny shocks us all. Bettin I won't have to. Won't STFU and wait for more garbage to be dumped in our lap to make it 16 years either.

Well with 4 losses why not transition to rebuild for next year. Find out who is a gamer and who is going to dance on the sideline when we lose. Practice players can be awesome (see practice kicker going 9 for 9 in practice) yet the bright lights come on and some get adrenaline flowing and perform better than practice, others when the bright lights come on, theirs go out (Baxa) and both QB's. That's why I want to see Tate, he is NOT a one and done portal transfer, he will return and he demonstrated in high school the greater the pressure the better he performs, that cannot be taught.

Advertisement
Manny spent all off season yapping like a chihuahua about #TNM. Dogs are obedient when their master is an alpha. The coaching staff hasn't proven in a single game all year they were better than their opposing staff and the players know it.

I'm not going to write off any coach in 1 season but he's clearly got a lot of work to do to turn things around and he can't wait on "dogs" to show up.

Possible, but when you have the worst OL in the NCAA, receivers that can't catch (e.g. Wiggins), DBs that can't cover (e.g. Ivey), a DL that can't get sacks they way they did in 2018 (I know we lost JJ and GW), injuries all over, coaches that can't motivate anyone, and a coaching staff that can't develop the right strategic game plans for each game (and worst of all can't rethink at half-time their game plan/play schemes based on what worked and didn't in the 1st half of each game), .....!! We're sadly in BIG trouble. This season has been a total nightmare!!!!!!
The last 15 years have been a total nightmare.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Or maybe you’re doing what delusional miami fans have done 16 years, which is spin and deflect and deny the obvious?

I just heard manny on his weekly show say that kicking aside last game against GT was their best special teams preformance yet....let that marinate for a minute.
Our HC thinks that a game were we gave up an embarrassing punt fake for a touchdown is the best special teams performance this year.
Yep....cant make this up.

BTW how many fakes have teams successfully pulled on us this year??
Something you rearly see has been done to us at least twice this year.

Advertisement
Back