Devil's advocate - about Manny

Advertisement
Guys what if Manny sees something we don't about the 'nature' of the players on the roster. Yesterday, he stated he's recruiting Miami guys that have a chip on their shoulder and with an edge. The one constant I see with these players is... most of them at least... they're not DAWGS. They have no dog in them.. the seem soft and pampered. McKinnie eluded to this... they were clowning around and didn't seem to care.

Could it be that Manny sees how 'soft' these players are and there simply isn't anything anyone can do to wake them up or make them 'dawgs?" If they're pansies that's not Diaz's fault if he didn't recruit them. Have we been recruiting jokers and choir boys that don't really care about winning?

On defense, I see dawgs. Rousseau, Bandy, Silvera, Hall... they play like old Canes.

Could it be Manny is recruiting a different mentality of player than Richt and THAT is the problem? Current players are just soft and don't have the mentality needed?

I found Manny's quote revealing about what he's trying to do. It sounds like he wants an entirely different attitude and the current regime just doesn't have it.

You nailed it. Manny sees alot of soft *** babies and your not going to win with that in college football. Manny is smart dude knows what he's doing but there is not going to ever be a 1st year coach given the roster Manny was given and the results are going to be great. He hit up the portal, he hit up juco and high school ranks and turn this around.

Advertisement
Back