Devastating Loss For FSU - Takeaways

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was pretty impressed with Ga. Tech. D looked good and the qb will grow and develop. I think they will be a factor in coastal going forward.
Sounds like what people were saying about the Canes in 2018 - I'm not sold quite yet, given FSU has also been the rambling wreck the last few years, and GT won 3 games last season.

Fans get a little carried away sometimes crowning a team based on one look, particularly when both teams struggled mightily last season.

Some of your guys take all the fun out of everything.

I know we lost to GaTech....but I don’t care. Today we’re 1-0 And they are 0-1.
Still no reason to be over confident. Even if they tank the rest of the season, you know what this game will mean to them.

They very well may change QBs (and probably should).

I think they will look better on O against us just because we will leave half the players wide open every snap and those 2 back sets we will stunt the wrong way a handful of times ans get gashed.

That said we should win as long as we don’t think our OL is gonna dominate them
The problem is, they've got no one else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rivalry games always bring out the best a team will play. With the repetitive play calling against UAB, except for the part where they pulled close late, I think it was more that they were keeping things as basic as they could, saving the full offense for Louisville and the rest of the season.

Rivalry games always bring out the best a team will play. With the repetitive play calling against UAB, except for the part where they pulled close late, I think it was more that they were keeping things as basic as they could, saving the full offense for Louisville and the rest of the season.
Completely agree. Pretty obvious we had a very basic/vanilla game plan. Don’t want give UL any film on us.

Advertisement
FSU has a legacy?

You mean the one where they couldn't get past a small, private school?

I've said this over and over. FSU is barely a program (a la VT, but actually with rings). They are really one coach. Sure, Jimbo did well and won a ring, but it was a drop in the bucket relative to the Bowden tenure.

If Norvell isn't successful they'll be borderline USF status.
I wouldn’t brag about saying something this dumb over and over.....

Laugh a little.....
I do frequently. For instance, this still cracks me up.

@King Slayer

“FSU offense looks way better than ours.

Before any of you bums say that its only GT
1. They beat us
2. You ***** always bring up the reason why Louisville is not better than us is because we beat them last season”

Not only for posting this garbage 10 minutes into a game but then hiding the rest of the game and not showing himself after FSU’s amazing offense procededs to not even put up more than 13 points something even our ****** offense last year accomplished.

View attachment 130133

Advertisement
In 2019, FSU got only 172 yard passing total against us. Terry got 4 receptions for 40 yards with no TDs. I wouldn't call that tearing it up.

For Miami, Thomas, Wiggins, Jordan and Dallas each had better receiving days.
I know..was being sarcastic 😂

They very well may change QBs (and probably should).

I think they will look better on O against us just because we will leave half the players wide open every snap and those 2 back sets we will stunt the wrong way a handful of times ans get gashed.

That said we should win as long as we don’t think our OL is gonna dominate them
Hopefully Lashlee being new to the rivalry will keep the focus of the offensive players so we go out and execute much better than versus UAB. We screwed the pooch a lot in that game and still scored 31pts against a motivated defense. Think what the offense can do when we’re firing on all cylinders. Also, if we get up 14pts on those Semenholes watch them fold like *******.

Advertisement
Back