Devante Bond

Hstokes1447

Junior
I believe Devante is only focusing on academics and not playing football this season. If this is true he will be a JR on the field when he gets here (if the staff accepts him). I for one think this could actually work out for the best. He could spend the next 4 months getting bigger, stronger, and faster and come in here around 245-250 and play WDE. He can step right in, replace Gilbert, and add depth behind AQM.

If this happens along with Julio Derosier possibly coming here in January also we could have amazing depth at DE next season.

Possible 2014 DE depth

SDE
SR Anthony Chickillo
RJR Ufomba Kamalu
RSO Julio Derosier
FR Chad Thomas

WDE
JR Devante Bond
RSO Dwayne Hoilett
SO Al-Quadin Muhammad
RFR Naim Mustafaa
FR Trent Harris
FR Demetrius Jackson

Advertisement
not sure if I am in the minority or not, but really dont want Derosier. Would have been ok if he was able to make camp this year and contribute this year, but that is not the case. I just dont think he is worth a scholarship for next class

not sure if I am in the minority or not, but really dont want Derosier. Would have been ok if he was able to make camp this year and contribute this year, but that is not the case. I just dont think he is worth a scholarship for next class

I agree...

I think bond will be playing linebacker.... Then on 3rd downs a stand up rush end

Most likely battling with figs and mccord

I dunno, I just don't see Bond ever playing here. I like him though, so being wrong would be fine by me.

Advertisement
I believe Bond stated that they are saving a spot for him here. Let's hope so, we really need this dude.

I agree...

I think bond will be playing linebacker.... Then on 3rd downs a stand up rush end

Most likely battling with figs and mccord

The only reason this staff was thinking about playing Bond at SAM was because of all of the LB's leaving the program. With Thurston Armbrister moving over to SAM and impressing the staff we will be very strong at SAM next season.

SAM 2014 depth
SR Thurston Armbrister
JR Tyriq McCord
SO Alex Figueroa
FR Mike Smith

Bond will help this team more at WDE giving The U a college ready guy that is very explosive off the edge.

Where is Devante Bond this semester? Is he still out here in Sacramento?

I'll tutor his ***.

We need a pass rush. lol

Where is Devante Bond this semester? Is he still out here in Sacramento?

I'll tutor his ***.

We need a pass rush. lol

After the defense we rolled out last year, I'd volunteer to get this dude some glasses that could send me a feed of his tests and take them all for him by radioing in the answers via stealth ear piece.

Advertisement
I think the coaches are giving him until Dec to get his **** straight. So he can come in with Lockley and Griffin. I think if he is not ready by then, we will start sending him recommendation letters for other schools. I just cant see us waiting for this kid until next August again. December or bust.

I hope he can qualify so he can EE in the spring.... Miami does still need another LB/DE hyrbid, especially since D. Gilbert is 1 and done at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Could have really used that guy this year. Shame he couldn't get in. Hopefully he makes it in December.

Advertisement
Ill take anyone regardless of class if he can help the front 7.... It's as important as a good QB in terms of having a successful season

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bond would have come in as a Jr this year... and Bond's eligibility clock wouldn't stop unless he was either granted a medical redshirt or went on a Mormon misson. ... not having the grades to make it in didn't stop his clock!!

So is it safe to assume if he does indeed strap it up for Da U, it'll be as a Senior??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bond would have come in as a Jr this year... and Bond's eligibility clock wouldn't stop unless he was either granted a medical redshirt or went on a Mormon misson. ... not having the grades to make it in didn't stop his clock!!

So is it safe to assume if he does indeed strap it up for Da U, it'll be as a Senior??

bigs,

I believe Bond has played his first 2 seasons but never Red shirted. This year would essentially act as his RS season so he would still have 2 years to play 2, making him a RS Junior.

Put me in the group that doesn't believe Bond will ever don a UM uniform and play here.

Advertisement
Back