Devante Bond

If Bond comes in he will ONLY have 2 years regardless of an injury. He had 3 years to play 2, but since he missed this season he loses one.

Advertisement
It was actually just earlier this month that the 6-foot-3 and 240-pound outside linebacker out of Roseville (Calif.) Sierra C.C. let it be known he would not be making it to Miami after signing with the Hurricanes last February and that the Sooners had already started to show interest.
*Bond says he has gotten the word that everything has been cleared and he has been released by Miami. During his two years at Sierra C.C. Bond accumulated 24-sacks as well as over 30-tackles for loss he says
9/18/13
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1551096

Dang. Smh. This is going to hurt next year. We cant get any luck. Lets hope that Lockley and Griffin get in.

Advertisement
He was not that good

IN YOUR OPINION

Looks like Al Golden's thinks the sameway. If he was a sack machine like some of our fans claimed then Al would still be on him.

He was not that good and I knew he was not coming after not making it in the first time.

yea dudes get 20+ sacks all the time such a JAG

Lol at him getting 20 sacks in BCS conference. If he was that good more schools would of been on him.

He was good enough. He didnt have to be Jarvis Jones. We just needed him next year to help out McCord at the 3rd down OLB position because Cain is gone and we dont want to depend on T-Fr to be McCords backup.

But then again, being Devils advocate here, if he was as good as we all thought I think the staff would have saved a spot for him hook or crook. You dont let guys that you supposedly value just walk without a fight. So maybe the staff thought he was easily replaceable. Who knows.

Advertisement
Next, end of story--Al got eyes all over the place, has a nose for talent and can coach them up, Cane Faith in the Tie

He was not that good

IN YOUR OPINION

Looks like Al Golden's thinks the sameway. If he was a sack machine like some of our fans claimed then Al would still be on him.

He was not that good and I knew he was not coming after not making it in the first time.

yea dudes get 20+ sacks all the time such a JAG

Lol at him getting 20 sacks in BCS conference. If he was that good more schools would of been on him.

I feel good about DE and OLB. Not sweating this. Juco's are a shaky proposition anyway.

Dang. Smh. This is going to hurt next year. We cant get any luck. Lets hope that Lockley and Griffin get in.

IMO, the way McCord & Figs progresses determines whether or not we will miss him. Plus we have some great HS players coming in next year to help out with the pass rush too...

If anything, I'm more concerned with who's going to replace Porter at the NT position than anything else. Those type of players for that position don't grow on trees.

Advertisement
He told me last week he hadn't heard from the staff in a while, so I figured it was eventually going to happen.

IMO, the way McCord & Figs progresses determines whether or not we will miss him. Plus we have some great HS players coming in next year to help out with the pass rush too...

And this is why AG is not going hard after him anymore, had he gotten here he would probably been a player. However, the way McCord and Figs have come on I dont think the need is as high as it was due to the progression of players on the squad.

Advertisement
Tito, in your opinion because you know more then most about these kids from interviewing them, do you think that Griffin and Lockley have the same "Either ur in here by Dec or your scholie is gone" deal? Seems like the staff told Bond that if he didnt get in by the summer, it was curtains for him..

with bond i think it was a combination of the players we already have playing well and we already have 3-4 dudes in this class that have just as much or more potential then him

He was not that good

IN YOUR OPINION

So this is indicative of how Golden views him, but Golden wanting to bring him in despite being a JUCO summer enrollee is not indicative that he likes his talent?

You try too hard to sound like your knowledgeable.

Al wanted him because we were awful not because he thought he was 20 plus sack machine.He saw how good McCord, AQM and the rest looked in the summer and decided Bond was not worth waiting for. If he was as good as some of you claim, Al would be waiting for him and other big time schools pursuing him.

bomb's right, I'm not even sweating a DE/SLB loss at this point. We're as loaded in the SO/FR/committed classes there as I can remember.

Advertisement
Back