1 1st place finish
1 2nd
1 3rd
1 4th
1 5th
1 6th
1 7th
2 8th place finishes

Top half of the (best) conference every single year for 9 years.

8 NCAA tournaments, 1 NIT tournament

That's not "mediocre".

I think it is mediocre. Not terrible, but not that good. Pretty sure if the football team was the fifth best (that's the total average rank) in the ACC year after year, you would use a word other than mediocre.*

*the most depressing thing is that being the fifth best in ACC football would probably be an improvement over the status quo.

Advertisement
I think it is mediocre. Not terrible, but not that good. Pretty sure if the football team was the fifth best (that's the total average rank) in the ACC year after year, you would use a word other than mediocre.*

*the most depressing thing is that being the fifth best in ACC football would probably be an improvement over the status quo.

pretty sure if the football team played in the football version of ACC hoops, we wouldnt be near fifth best. you have to consider that ACC hoops is the best conference in america and it isnt even close.

Did you just call @dsddcane a liar??...MFer...go sit your *** down somewhere...
The funnier part is his understanding of my role at sony. You got me pegged now bud. I'm just a pathological liar who needs to impress 99% of people I will never know and who in all our eyes simply dont exist. @caneinorlando nice to have you back brother. Several of us got into it with that clown after you got banned. I got a warning for informing him life was about personal choices and he could (strategic wording)sever his ties to this life form if he so chose. Lol. Dont pay the slideshows attention. At this point in life it's just a basic distraction.

The funnier part is his understanding of my role at sony. You got me pegged now bud. I'm just a pathological liar who needs to impress 99% of people I will never know and who in all our eyes simply dont exist. @caneinorlando nice to have you back brother. Several of us got into it with that clown after you got banned. I got a warning for informing him life was about personal choices and he could (strategic wording)sever his ties to this life form if he so chose. Lol. Dont pay the slideshows attention. At this point in life it's just a basic distraction.
I wasn't as articulate....Lol

Advertisement
The Manny, Sr. stuff is getting a little old. Junior got the job due to Blake's incompetence and lack of awareness. Sure, Sr. was the mayor of Miami 10 years ago, he has friends, but let's not lose focus on who truly put us in this cluster****.

The Manny, Sr. stuff is getting a little old. Junior got the job due to Blake's incompetence and lack of awareness. Sure, Sr. was the mayor of Miami 10 years ago, he has friends, but let's not lose focus on who truly put us in this cluster****.
Cheap hire, lazy hire on Blake’s part...... consistent with UM strategy of the past 20 years

Cheap hire, lazy hire on Blake’s part...... consistent with UM strategy of the past 20 years

They've each gotten progressively worse and lazier.

I feel like with Golden, they were bamboozled. I won't lie, I was too. I thought his floor was a lot higher than it proved.

Richt was poorly thoughtout. I don't think we asked any of the hard questions about why he didn't get over the hump at Georgia, and we certainly raised no questions about the level of staff he'd hire or his reasoning behind calling plays. The name was what they hired and they assumed competency.

Manny was everything you said, plus panic. Manny would have taken this job in 6 hours, 6 days or 6 months. There was no reason to obfuscate our responsibility and due diligence. Even if he was someone many thought would be our HC, he wasn't an elite hire.

Advertisement
Paying 4 mil to buy back your DC isn't a "cheap hire". It's an ignorant hire. But I do get your point.
You mean to tell me you cant rationalize out why flake would be all in on hiring Elmer Fudd at all costs?

Striking similarities much

Attachments

• 20200107_145117.jpg
    20200107_145117.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Now give me tournament stats with above records. CONSISTENTLY UNDERACHIEVING.

Man our fanbase loves participation trophies nowadays. I honestly don't know what happened. A snap of a finger we went from dominating and being mad we didn't win titles to talking about regular season stats that have led to underachieving post season results.

If you think that making the NCAA tournament 8 times in 9 years is a "participation trophy", you are insane.

We have never had a run like that in women's basketball. We could do better in the tourneys, but to argue that 8 NCAA berths in 9 years is "mediocre" is just bullcrap.

Miami football has won 5 national championships. We have set a standard that we are now not living up to.

Women's basketball was a big fat nothing when I was an undergrad (and men's basketball had just been reinstituted). Ferne Labati took us a certain distance, but never put up 8 NCAAs in 9 years.

I have never made the claim that I am happy with finishing anywhere less than 1st place, but that is not a "mediocre" team (women's basketball). Look up the definition of mediocre.

At any rate, I find it humorous that anyone has any sort of opinion on women's basketball anyhow, none of you guys go to those games, so why do you care? I am too far away (now) to go to women's basketball games, but I went when I was an undergrad. We are better now than we were in the 1980s and 1990s.

But we are not mediocre in women's hoops.

Miami football has won 5 national championships. We have set a standard that we are now not living up to.

Women's basketball was a big fat nothing when I was an undergrad (and men's basketball had just been reinstituted). Ferne Labati took us a certain distance, but never put up 8 NCAAs in 9 years.

I have never made the claim that I am happy with finishing anywhere less than 1st place, but that is not a "mediocre" team (women's basketball). Look up the definition of mediocre.

At any rate, I find it humorous that anyone has any sort of opinion on women's basketball anyhow, none of you guys go to those games, so why do you care? I am too far away (now) to go to women's basketball games, but I went when I was an undergrad. We are better now than we were in the 1980s and 1990s.

But we are not mediocre in women's hoops.

I wouldn't doubt that lady sports are doing much better than men's sports at UM.

Advertisement
If you think that making the NCAA tournament 8 times in 9 years is a "participation trophy", you are insane.

We have never had a run like that in women's basketball. We could do better in the tourneys, but to argue that 8 NCAA berths in 9 years is "mediocre" is just bullcrap.
How many teams make the tournament every year? How many lose every single time in first or second round? Our basketball program is better than mediocre but not by much.

Advertisement
How many teams make the tournament 8 out of 9 years? Not many.
I get ur point. But each and **** near every time they promptly get knocked out of it as well. They are built to be a competitive regular season team. But when they gotta be competent and play half court ball which is usually the case in March they cant do it. They are a consistent middle of the pack squad.

I get ur point. But each and **** near every time they promptly get knocked out of it as well. They are built to be a competitive regular season team. But when they gotta be competent and play half court ball which is usually the case in March they cant do it. They are a consistent middle of the pack squad.
@dsddcane is dead on about this. Though I grew up in Ft Lauderdale as a canes fan i attended Arizona for undergrad. Arizona is what a good basketball program looks like. Miami has been better in basketball but they are middle of the pack.

Advertisement
Back