Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Lonnies year was just doomed from the beginning. started with the walker injury preseason that led him to start slowly and when he started to get it together Brown got hurt for the year. it couldve been so much more had both been healthy from day 1

Yeah, honestly outside of the Larkin SS team, was our most talented team on paper

Advertisement
Blake is feeling the heat from the fanbase and apparently certain donors....

Blake needs to make this happen for 2 reasons:

1. It gives the fans what they want. So if it fails all he has to do is say "Hey this is what yall wanted, no my fault."

2. It take heat off of him if he gives decision making power to Zo. So once again if it fails he can say, "Hey this is what yall wanted, he makes the decisions not me."

Advertisement
Blake is feeling the heat from the fanbase and apparently certain donors....

Blake needs to make this happen for 2 reasons:

1. It gives the fans what they want. So if it fails all he has to do is say "Hey this is what yall wanted, no my fault."

2. It take heat off of him if he gives decision making power to Zo. So once again if it fails he can say, "Hey this is what yall wanted, he makes the decisions not me."

It doesn't give the fans all of what they wanted. Some of the heavy hitting BOTs, donors and fans wanted Manny fired and Mario as HC.

There is also a power struggle on the BOT. Certain BOTs want to keep Manny and some wanted to fire him.

Let Manny hire the staff he wants and retains who he wants. Then they bring Zo in handcuffed to a already put in place staff which in a sense favors Manny and Blake agenda all along. Hmmm

Advertisement
It doesn't give the fans all of what they wanted. Some of the heavy hitting BOTs, donors and fans wanted Manny fired and Mario as HC.

There is also a power struggle on the BOT. Certain BOTs want to keep Manny and some wanted to fire him.

Your never gonna get everything you want in an negotiation. Getting Zo in somehow and getting Enos replaced with Lashlee is a good start.

Even if Manny screws up badly next season i could see those guys easily being retained and Manny getting the boot and possibly James

One way or another, make it stop.

matthew-mcconaughey-crying-gif-1.gif

I fully trust DMoney, but this post almost sounds too ridiculous to be true. I have a suspicion that information is being leaked out to cause commotion in the Canes community and increase the pressure before a bigger meeting happens. Especially him taking a similar position at Oregon with Mario. That just SOUNDS like some **** someone would leak because they know Miami fans would freak out.

I highly doubt Blake has the authority to look at key BOT members and say no to Highsmith. That’s a fired on the spot kind of offense.

Well, you never left him alone for a few minutes in the presence of your candy bowl.

You come back in a few minutes, and the bowl is depleted, and DMoney's cheeks are puffed out like he's a chipmunk.

And no, he can't speak for a few moments . . .

Advertisement
It's not that I'm disagreeing with anything that you say on a factual basis. I would like to win more tournament games. Agreed.

But we also have to acknowledge that this is the best 9-year run for UM women's basketball ever.

We may be "mid-pack" for NCAA tournament teams, but we are better than "mid-pack" for the ACC and women's basketball in general.

I just try to have a bit of perspective. Miami has never been a basketball blue-blood. We got rid of men's basketball for 15 or 20 years. I think we are very good, all things considered, but I'm not sure if we can ever crash the blue-blood party. On the women's hoops side, we need to build a Florida pipeline, and on the men's side, we may need to "cheat a little bit" (very risky, considering the FBI investigation) or at least convince a couple of one-and-done TYPES (and, yes, I know the rules are about to change) to come to Miami.

Man, I want to win the national championship in everything that Miami does, even if that's ice hockey or Quidditch. But I don't think that Miami basketball (men or women) are as bad as some people would have us believe.

a run where meier has never made it past the second round of the dance despite being the higher seed in 7 of the 8 ncaa tournament losses. she's definitely the best coach we've had for the women, but something about the tournament and preparing the team just doesn't click. big stage yips.

Not all the way dead yet. Zo meeting with Blake today, per sources.

Hopefully, this is Zo interviewing Blake to see if Blake gets to keep his job or gets booted down to cleaning toilets. The idea of Blake interviewing Zo and Highsmith being asked to convince Blake James that AH can be of benefit to the UM football program is comical and insulting.

Whatever happens, it is really good to see that there is at least an element of the power structure that isn't giving up.

There is a poster on Canesport who put a note out this morning that Several boosters, including one very generous one, have volunteered to pay ALL of Alonzo’s salary.

Incredibly, up to this point, Blake James has refused to accept the money.

This person also said that he knows several people are amping up the pressure to force Blake’s hand.

At this point, it is important that everyone know and make a concerted effort by reaching out to the athletic department and making your thoughts known.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back