Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Advertisement
Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.
are we shocked. diaz better win. if he doesn't james wont have a job in 21. really when boosters want to help and u turn them down that's stupid

If the BOT is planning on firing James they will not want the impression that any new AD will be a puppet.

There is a difference between "puppet" and "insubordination".

And before we get into a discussion about whether forcing Alpha Alonzo on Beta Blake is some sort of "puppetmaster" move, there is absolutely nothing in Beta Blake's background that says he has the competence or training to oversee the football program.

So, yeah, based on 7 years of job failure, the BOT has the right to hire an additional person to supplement the Athletic Department.

That does NOT mean they would need to do the same thing with the next AD.

Advertisement
When big donors stop the donations it can speak loudly. Those with the money hold the true power in this circumstance.

Sure, money helps influence decisions. But this needs to start with Frenk. FSU’s recent coaching search was largely comical, but their president was flying with the AD and staffers all over the country meeting with candidates. He was intimately involved. Frenk seems to be very hands off with athletics. So Blake essentially has free reign. He raises money well. So, they leave him alone.

FWIW, the exact same thing was said by Ferman this morning. Blake said thanks but no thanks. And one donor offered $3 million alone. Supposedly the number readily available is $25 mill......
That is pathetic. My view of Blake was that he was a nerd that really didnt care about anything but making the school money. Now my view is he is actively trying to destroy Miami football. He is an enemy of the program and athletic success, which is what put this sh1tty overpriced school on the map to begin with. Smfh.

Advertisement
Like most of you, I’m outraged that the BOT is so dysfunctional that the AD is essentially calling the shots. But clearly the endgame here with this faction of the BOT is to replace Manny with Mario. It would be a redux of the Richt era if he brings that trash offense with him. Even when they’re trying to do the right thing they still can’t get out of their own way.

If the BOT is planning on firing James they will not want the impression that any new AD will be a puppet.

This is not being a puppet bro. This is chain of command and being held accountable for your performance. Strong leadership doesn't ask their management if they would please mind implementing their vision for the organization. Blake is essentially operating as the owner of the **** team.

Advertisement
Fun trivia time

Question 1
Q: Since 2005, how many times have the Miami Hurricanes finished the season ranked in the top 10?
A: zero

Question 2:
Q: Why is Blake James being rewarded for failure
A:?

Blake has hitched his future to Manny and his father and knows through his loyalty to the Diaz Family he will be taken care of after he leaves Miami.

Advertisement
That is pathetic. My view of Blake was that he was a nerd that really didnt care about anything but making the school money. Now my view is he is actively trying to destroy Miami football. He is an enemy of the program and athletic success, which is what put this sh1tty overpriced school on the map to begin with. Smfh.

Slight correction, he is actively trying to save his job AND he doesn't mind destroying Miami football in the process.

Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.

D$... hold on. The last sentence... is this real... life?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The main issue we have is Blake ******* ***** *** James. We need to unload an immense amount of pressure aimed directly at him. Billboards should have his name on it. He’s a huge part of our failure in the last decade.

Advertisement
Back