Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
This part is just my educated guess, but I believe Blake’s future is now tied to Manny. If next year is a failure, Manny will be gone and Blake will be in serious trouble.
Why? Who cares enough to fire him next year that hasn’t done it yet?

Advertisement
tenor.gif

My biggest takeaway from this thread is many of you do not know how the hierarchy of universities works.

The AD does not work for the board of trustees. He does not work for donors. He works for the President of the school. The only person who can force his hand is named Julio Frenk. And he’s largely absent in this entire situation. There is your problem.

When big donors stop the donations it can speak loudly. Those with the money hold the true power in this circumstance.

Advertisement
I know Dmoney wouldnt post false **** on here but I cant believe this. I can believe Blake doesnt give a **** about athletic success as long as the money is coming in but if this is true he is not incompetent. He is actively trying to destroy the program.

FWIW, the exact same thing was said by Ferman this morning. Blake said thanks but no thanks. And one donor offered $3 million alone. Supposedly the number readily available is $25 mill......

At least members of the BOT are asking for the same thing you are and even the same candidate. It sounds like the BOT is aligned with many on this board.

Yes but isn't the BOT supposed to be Blake's boss and not the other way around? This comes across like they were begging Blake and he refused. Pathetic and embarrassing. No wonder we stink with these cowards in power positions.

Advertisement
if i work for someone as Blake does for UM and the boss the BOT says we need changes
you either accept or get fired... James refuses what BS

FWIW, the exact same thing was said by Ferman this morning. Blake said thanks but no thanks. And one donor offered $3 million alone. Supposedly the number readily available is $25 mill......

But Miami is poor!

See, we have the money available. We just don't know how to use or refuse to when given the chance.

Advertisement
Yes but isn't the BOT supposed to be Blake's boss and not the other way around? This comes across like they were begging Blake and he refused. Pathetic and embarrassing. No wonder we stink with these cowards in power positions.

If the BOT is planning on firing James they will not want the impression that any new AD will be a puppet.

Advertisement
Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.

This part is just my educated guess, but I believe Blake’s future is now tied to Manny. If next year is a failure, Manny will be gone and Blake will be in serious trouble.

Yep , I actually posted the same thing in another thread. He’s riding the stock out , he won’t sell. He’s all in on manny.

Advertisement
Back