Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
My biggest takeaway from this thread is many of you do not know how the hierarchy of universities works.

The AD does not work for the board of trustees. He does not work for donors. He works for the President of the school. The only person who can force his hand is named Julio Frenk. And he’s largely absent in this entire situation. There is your problem.

So Frenk signed off on hiring Manny or did the BOT's with ties to his father forced Blake too?

Advertisement
Is there transfer papers for fans?

Like at what point can I just pick another team without guilt of disloyalty? I've invested 32 years. I obviously couldn't root for anyone in this region. I could be a Duck. Sebastion is almost a Duck.

If they just shut down the program we could all mercifully move on without any guilt.
This x 1000. If football isnt gonna be competitive, shut it down. I'll still root for baseball and bball.

Is there transfer papers for fans?

Like at what point can I just pick another team without guilt of disloyalty? I've invested 32 years. I obviously couldn't root for anyone in this region. I could be a Duck. Sebastion is almost a Duck.

If they just shut down the program we could all mercifully move on without any guilt.

28 years invested for me. And I can honestly say I recently thought of converting to another team, but I don’t even know how. It’s sad honestly.

Advertisement
Would Zo really get a position above Mario (who is killing it at Oregon)? Either way *** you Blake

He doesn’t have to have a position over Mario in Oregon. Mario has his team on the right track so Highsmith would just be a great addition. He needs at least equal power with Manny because he’s in over his head and seems to not know what the **** he’s doing but at the same time wants to surround himself with yes men.

Advertisement
Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.

typical UM. They should have pulled their funds right there...#regrssionU#tnm

Just a question wouldn’t Highsmith be in negotiations with the AD of Oregon and not Cristobal?

Pretty much the opposite of what @dsddcane said. Hoping for the best, but this is depressing man.
The role that stu spoke on and said was agreed to was same power as blake but in relation to football. Not sure if anything has changed as I didnt speak to either today. But I'm curious if that's what the lashlee announcement timing was about. I'm sure plenty will have issues with me. No problem. I understand. You fellas have a great weekend.

Advertisement
So Frenk signed off on hiring Manny or did the BOT's with ties to his father forced Blake too?

The forcing of Manny by Sr. is typical CIS nonsense. Nobody forced Blake to do anything. And Frenk “signed off” simply by listening to Blake. It was his show. He wasn’t forced, he was just incredibly short-sighted and felt that, barely a year after being #2 in the country, hiring Manny would keep the nucleus of the program together. So he hired him after 15 minutes. Frenk was just an innocent bystander, as he is in all of this. Blake James runs the athletic department. Period.

You people really believe Mario is going to give control over to Highsmith at Oregon? People believe anything

Advertisement
Blake didn't have a choice. You either become the least relevant AD in the country or take a risk on Manny being successful. If Highsmith is brought in and turns thing around then they would end up firing James a few years from now.

Advertisement
Back