Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
He doesn’t have to have a position over Mario in Oregon. Mario has his team on the right track so Highsmith would just be a great addition. He needs at least equal power with Manny because he’s in over his head and seems to not know what the **** he’s doing but at the same time wants to surround himself with yes men.
I don’t see why he would work that low of a position for any school

Advertisement
Ramp up the protest tonight

Although i wonder if this was the way for those on the board to see what Blake would do when they proposed this. Now that they see his answer theyre gonna take it to the next level.

If he doesnt then these big boosters need tk withhold their donations in all seriousness. Tell the school until changes are made and not just the OC then their money will stay right where it is.

The role that stu spoke on and said was agreed to was same power as blake but in relation to football. Not sure if anything has changed as I didnt speak to either today. But I'm curious if that's what the lashlee announcement timing was about. I'm sure plenty will have issues with me. No problem. I understand. You fellas have a great weekend.
I speak for a lot of people who appreciate your insight on the board. Don’t let the trolls overshadow that.

FWIW, the exact same thing was said by Ferman this morning. Blake said thanks but no thanks. And one donor offered $3 million alone. Supposedly the number readily available is $25 mill......
Holy **** if this is even close, they need to fire everyone and contact Urban's agent NOW!

Advertisement
Advertisement
How the **** does Blak still have a job? How does the BoT consisting of "successful" people tolerate incompetence and failure?

You are not asking for a vision, you are asking for a specific change. The BOT should hire an AD and allow the AD to implement their plan. If the BOT is having to give specific orders then it is clear they believe the AD isn't doing their job. The Richt hire isn't considered a bad hire, even if UM fans think so. At this point the BOT is being as hard as they can on Blake, considering we are one year into Blake's coach.

Seven years of failure that precedes AND follows Richt's tenure.

It is not JUST about "hiring" or "firing", it is about whether ANY actions are being taken to change the seven years of failure.

That's why he SHOULD hire Alonzo, because if Alonzo can effectuate changes that allow Manny to succeed more in Year 2, then Beta Blake can get credit BOTH for hiring Alonzo AND retaining Manny.

Advertisement
Blake didn't have a choice. You either become the least relevant AD in the country or take a risk on Manny being successful. If Highsmith is brought in and turns thing around then they would end up firing James a few years from now.
As if he isn't already going to get fired.

Advertisement
When this clown is supposed to be holding Blake accountable that is the problem...

This is EXACTLY the problem. Frenk dresses up like a university president who supports athletics, while he DOES NOTHING to support either academics or athletics.

There aren't any UM alums who can point to a single signature program or innovation on the academic side that originated from the mind of Julio Frenk.

FWIW, the exact same thing was said by Ferman this morning. Blake said thanks but no thanks. And one donor offered $3 million alone. Supposedly the number readily available is $25 mill......

If that much money is on the table, then we can certainly afford Mario and his buyout. Might just have to wait 1 year...

Good News:
UM has some big $ donors who care
$ is on the table
Blake just tied his career to Manny

Bad News:
Blake is a POS and doesnt want outside help
Manny is safe for now (expected)
Alonso aint coming for now (not convinced he is the savior we need but certainly better than Blake...)

Next year:
If Diaz gets 6 or 7 wins he and Blake are gone.
If Diaz gets 10+ wins and coastal champs, he and Blake are certainly safe for year 3.
If Diaz gets 8 or 9 wins, this gets messy.

My biggest takeaway from this thread is many of you do not know how the hierarchy of universities works.

The AD does not work for the board of trustees. He does not work for donors. He works for the President of the school. The only person who can force his hand is named Julio Frenk. And he’s largely absent in this entire situation. There is your problem.

Yes and no. You are talking about the formal heirarchy. The reality is that those big sources of money that are the reason the BOT is pleased as punch with James ("he's a good fundraiser") have the power to force immediate change by withdrawing their pledges of financial support. You had racist big money donors at FSU and Texas force their ADs prematurely fire their black head coaches. Thats no secret.

Advertisement
Back